COM: Adelaide Showgrounds Redevelopment | $35m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Pistol
Legendary Member!

Re: $35m for exhibition hall

#61 Post by Pistol » Fri May 23, 2008 11:28 am

What's this thread about again???
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#62 Post by Wayno » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:31 pm

i drove past the showgrounds yesterday. The new hall is looking good :-) but it's still work in progress. There must have been 100 workers busy doing their stuff! presumably they are on a tight deadline to complete the exhibit hall and make the surrounds all pretty before the Royal Adelaide Show starts on Sept 5 (only 4 weeks to go!)...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Pistol
Legendary Member!

#63 Post by Pistol » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:01 pm

I had a deferred exam yesterday at the showgrounds. Would say that this hall and its surrounds are about 90% complete and looking excellent.

I also noticed that the new roller coaster is halfway up. It is placed in the north west corner of the showgrounds. There also seemed to be a new carousel over near the coaster too.

Exciting times!
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#64 Post by monotonehell » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:10 am

I might actually go to the show this year.. I haven't been since I was a kid (except for exams), but there's some new buildings to look at and a coaster... ;)

/building nerd
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member

#65 Post by joshzxzx » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:04 am

Does anyone have any pics on this one?
South Australia the Festival State

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#66 Post by Wayno » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:26 pm

joshzxzx wrote:Does anyone have any pics on this one?
no pics but i was just there a couple of hrs ago (took my 10yo kid to the science fair in the hall behind). I tried to get "up close and personal" to the building but a big security bloke would not let me through...

It is looking very nice indeed.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#67 Post by Norman » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:27 pm

I have a big photoround I have to do sometime... probably next weekend. No doubt Xtramarta will beat me to it again :P

Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#68 Post by Xaragmata » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:35 pm

Norman wrote:I have a big photoround I have to do sometime... probably next weekend. No doubt Xtramarta will beat me to it again :P
Hehe, I think the last time you did your rounds, I was almost in your shadow (Monday last week). I have some Exhibition pics from
30 July I might work on tonight.

Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#69 Post by Xaragmata » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:08 am

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#70 Post by Norman » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:05 pm

Thanks mate :)

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#71 Post by rogue » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:34 pm

Pistol wrote:.....Would say that this hall and its surrounds are about 90% complete and looking excellent......
I heard yesterday that this will officially be opened next week.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#72 Post by Wayno » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:39 pm

Et Voila! l'ouverture est ce soir

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 01,00.html
A NEW exhibition venue with the ability to provide more than a third of the annual electricity needs of Adelaide Showground will officially open tonight.

The Goyder Pavilion at Wayville will have 10,000sq m of solar panels on its roof when the $42 million development is completed.

More than 500 people are expected to gather at the opening including Federal Sports and Youth Minister Kate Ellis, who will officially open the facility.

President of the Royal Agricultural and Horticultural Society Charlie Downer said the new pavilion was being hailed as Australia's most environmentally friendly exhibition venue.

"The world-class facility has rapidly taken shape over the last three months culminating in the provision of South Australia's largest exhibition space under one roof," he said.

"The Goyder Pavilion when linked with the adjacent Jubilee Pavilion, through a stunning new gallery, opens up to a total of more than 17,000 square metres of integrated air-conditioned space.

"Its sheer size has facilitated the provision of two of the development's key environmental features - Australia's largest solar panel installation and the ability to channel stormwater from the roof into a 3.5 million litre underground water storage system."

It's expected that 6 to 7 million litres of stormwater will be captured annually.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#73 Post by Norman » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:12 pm

Here are some photos of the new Pavilion, Entrance and Bus Interchange. Excuse the blurry photos, I didn't have my Tripod with me and I was at work for most of the day. I'll try for better ones on Sunday.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#74 Post by AtD » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:17 am

It looks like it could be a department store.

Thanks for the pics.

Joely
High Rise Poster!

#75 Post by Joely » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:46 am

Great pics Norman. I have to say, though it looks nice, I'm still very disappointed they did not retain or replicate the facade of Centenial Hall. I remember reading something before it was demolished that the new building was going to have a similar facade as a monument of what used to be there. From the road this new pavillion looks horrible compared to what was there.