[DEF] AAMI Stadium Upgrade | $100m | 52,000

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

[DEF]

#76 Post by Brando » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:44 pm

gregrogers257 wrote:I think the SANFL is being very optimistic in trying to get funding for this.
Why should the federal government give money to the SANFL when they have just given 20 - 30 million to the SACA to upgrade adelaide oval.

To all the wankers who complain about AAMI being in a bad location, west lakes is a good location. If the stadium was near the city there would be a lot of traffic problems after the games.
Then i'm a wanker mate... 8)

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

[DEF] Re: AAMI Stadium to recieve a $70million facelift

#77 Post by Paulns » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:12 am

Funny that I must be a wanker too..
And so must be the lets say the other 3/4 of the Adelaide population that dont live in the Western suburbs near this relic of a uselesss, outdated, 70's excuse for a staduim?????????

Traffic problems, try leaving Footy park after a crows game when the grounds virtually full with 45-50000 people there??? Thats traffic problems. What a joke?

70mill spent on this joke of a ground is simply a waste of money. In Melbourne 10 years ago they were facing the same issues with Waverley Park in there old outta the way south eastern suburbs. Patch up the old or build new. Thankfully for them they decided to build new and with that came the now state of the art Telstra Dome almost right in the city, right along spencer st station, servicing all of Melbourne.

Why the hell arn't we doing that here in Adelaide??????? I myself and a lot of people I know would attend a lot more games if a new stadium was more centurally located and within walking distance to the city as with the idea of a ground over the railway yards. I mean theres already the currant infrustructure of rail, bus, tram and taxi services in the city now.....
You dont need to build these useless bus lanes that just take up space on the already clogged roads, nor build a waste of money train line to Footy park, when really it would only get decent usage in winter on weekends for the footy anyway......
Im sure theres plenty of people out there that would agree?

I know everyone says that the SANFL owns AFL the licences so they wont change, but really if they want to increase crowd numbers and popularity than sooner or later there gunna have to bite the bullet and pull the finger out, cause there's only so much the publics willing to take. Maybe the gov should step in and make a brave decision that would be best for SA, Adelaide and the general footy public???

For gods sake, give up on Footy Park, the place's a joke......
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

#78 Post by stelaras » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:27 am

I must be a wanker too for saying the same things and agreeing with what others have said!

It is a joke!

But touching on the SANFL owning the AFL license for both clubs..It would benefit them (SANFL) greatly if proper larger stadium more centrally located was built!

How??

Well, the SANFL gets a proportion of money from both clubs based upon the amount of money that both clubs turnover in a given year! Therefore, a larger stadium means more people to the ground watching the games, means more turnover for the crows or power which means more money to the SANFL for the suppot and future development of the SANFL and grass roots footy.

I see it as a win win situation for all parties, but a bigger winner for Adelaide and the CBD!

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#79 Post by jimmy_2486 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:36 pm

And I must be the cities BIGGEST WANKER!! lol

The CBD has the capacity of handling 50+thou people much better than west lakes after a footy game.

I mean besides going to hungry jacks, or a few restaurants along the lake, what else is there to do at west lakes?

And yeah, west lakes is much to car dependent. Would be soo much better for everyone if we had the stadium in the parkland's somewhere. We could use a normal metro ticket instead of paying extra for a footy express ticket. There would be much less people driving to a footy game if it was in the city.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#80 Post by Cruise » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:48 pm

oh what an appropriate time to use this emoticon :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank:

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

#81 Post by stelaras » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:02 pm

Cruise Control wrote:oh what an appropriate time to use this emoticon :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank:

great one cruise! i forgot about the emoticons!!!!!

omada
Donating Member
Donating Member

#82 Post by omada » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:19 pm

Man some of you guys should honestly run for a Council or State Government job.. spot on about AAMI Stadium, a great idea to build on the railyards -imagine our CBD with 50,000 - 60,000 after a game! But unfortunately, "The Marj" is taking its place (is this decision absolutely locked in??) - apart from encroaching on the parklands, are there any other viable sites?

Dave_The_Planner
Gold-Member ;)

#83 Post by Dave_The_Planner » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:17 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the stadium should never have been built at Waste (West) Lakes. The completely inadequate bus system is a joke - why does the last bus leave so soon after the final siren? Apart from those operational problems, the stadium is out-dated and needs to be placed in a more centralised location. Perhaps it could complete with the Entertainment Centre as a concert venue if it were located in a more suitable location?

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#84 Post by crawf » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:28 pm

Well with West Lakes starting to get a bit of density, recent upgrade of Westfield West Lakes and the nearby Port Adelaide Redevelopment

Maybe its not so bad having at West Lakes for the time being, though I still think we should build a stadium on the railyards.

ozfoto
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#85 Post by ozfoto » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:12 pm

I think the best solution is to rebuild Adelaide Oval into a new 70-100,000 seat stadium. During the time of construction all footy and cricket games could be played at AAMI so there would be no disruption.
This would still allow the Marj to be built over the railyards and we would have a high capacity, world class facility in the heart of the city. And then the land at West Lakes could be sold for housing/shopping to help pay for this.

Of course the old scoreboard could be incorporated into the new stadium so all the old SACA members can still read the score!

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#86 Post by AtD » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:59 pm

100,000 seats for Adelaide Oval? Why stop there? Why not 10 BILLION!

:mrgreen:

aussie2000
High Rise Poster!

#87 Post by aussie2000 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:48 pm

lol we could have an earth party :mrgreen:

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#88 Post by Cruise » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:03 am

ozfoto wrote:I think the best solution is to rebuild Adelaide Oval into a new 70-100,000 seat stadium. During the time of construction all footy and cricket games could be played at AAMI so there would be no disruption.
This would still allow the Marj to be built over the railyards and we would have a high capacity, world class facility in the heart of the city. And then the land at West Lakes could be sold for housing/shopping to help pay for this.

Of course the old scoreboard could be incorporated into the new stadium so all the old SACA members can still read the score!
I like that idea

(BTW im igoring ATD and Aussie2000 lol)

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#89 Post by jimmy_2486 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:20 am

ozfoto wrote:I think the best solution is to rebuild Adelaide Oval into a new 70-100,000 seat stadium. During the time of construction all footy and cricket games could be played at AAMI so there would be no disruption.

That is a great idea, why didn't I think of that one b4!! lol......

When you think about it, its the perfect spot for a mega stadium... way better than the rail yards.

Also I personally think Adelaide's skyline looking southbound from the northern side would look fantastic with it there....

sidler
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#90 Post by sidler » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:11 am

Personally I have always thought redeveloping the current Santos stadium site would be the most practical place for a new stadium. It has good rail and bus transport and is not far from the extended tramline. All those posh pricks that want to have their champagne breakfast in the carpark could still drive and park in the west parklands.

As their is already a stadium in place their would be little case for argument from the nearby residents and it could be incorporated into a total redevelopment of the Kesick Mile end rail yards. Some of the disused rail yards could be removed and replaced with wetlands, housing/commercial etc