[DEF] AAMI Stadium Upgrade | $100m | 52,000

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Shuz
Banned
Banned

[DEF] Re: AAMI Stadium to recieve a $100million facelift

#481 Post by Shuz » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:47 am

I just had a bloody brilliant idea.

Perth's new stadium was to cost $750m if I recall correctly? The $1.3b figure quoted included other upgrades to the surrounding area.
Now they have a newly elected Liberal government who won't build the new stadium, and opting for redevlopment instead.

I say we save ourselves the time and money, use their plans and implement them wherever we decide a new stadium to go in Adelaide.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#482 Post by cruel_world00 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:37 am

I found the guy who wrote the submission for the Commonwealth Games on facebook (what an age we live in, eh?) and told him to contact Howie to try and upload his proposal.

Hopefully he can sort something out.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#483 Post by Wayno » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:38 am

cruel_world00 wrote:I found the guy who wrote the submission for the Commonwealth Games on facebook (what an age we live in, eh?) and told him to contact Howie to try and upload his proposal.

Hopefully he can sort something out.
good sleuthing!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#484 Post by Cruise » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:15 pm

Ohh, eff me sideways.....

this topic has been going around in more circles than your average 18 year old bogan does in a ute.

moderators please lock this thread, You will save soooo much bandwith it's not funny.

Plus adam7937829(or whatever it is) I want my 10 minutes back i just wasted reading you say the same thing slightly differently 3 dozen times over.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#485 Post by cruel_world00 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Cruise wrote:Ohh, eff me sideways.....

this topic has been going around in more circles than your average 18 year old bogan does in a ute.

moderators please lock this thread, You will save soooo much bandwith it's not funny.

Plus adam7937829(or whatever it is) I want my 10 minutes back i just wasted reading you say the same thing slightly differently 3 dozen times over.

If you don't want to partake in this discussion, then don't come into this thread. Simple.

adam73837
High Rise Poster!
Location: The wilderness being sustained by nutrients in the air and powering my laptop with positive energy

#486 Post by adam73837 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:51 pm

Cruise wrote:
...adam7937829(or whatever it is)...
It's adam73837 which are the numbers that you type into a mobile phone to spell my middle name, which is Peter.
Cruise wrote:
Honestly mate, as cruel_world00 said, if you don't want to partake in this discussion, then don't come into this thread.. If you get all pissed off and miserable because you feel that everyone this thread is against you (which is not the case), don't bother coming into this thread, instead of doing so, getting angry and then unleashing all of your frustration upon everyone.
I take back many of the things I said before 2010; particularly my anti-Rann rants. While I still maintain some of said opinions, I feel I could have been less arrogant. I also apologise to people I offended; while knowing I can't fully take much back. :)

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#487 Post by Shuz » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Boom tish.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#488 Post by Ben » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:48 am

Another tower crane at West Lakes. Saw this one Friday Night next to AAMI Stadium they are building some thing. New Club rooms?

omada
Donating Member
Donating Member

#489 Post by omada » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:19 pm

maybe a demolition crane ? I wish :D

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#490 Post by rogue » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:25 pm

New AFC Clubrooms

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#491 Post by ghs » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:59 am

Cruise wrote:Ohh, eff me sideways.....

Adelaide united are on top of the ladder. It's pretty likely that the A-leauge grand final will be played in adelaide
at hindmarsh early next year. Again there will be high demand for tickets and very little supply due hindmarsh's limited capacity. This whole debate will fire up again.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#492 Post by bm7500 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:04 pm

AAMI Stadium upgrade to be put off by State Government

THE $100 million upgrade of AAMI Stadium looks like being an early casualty of the State Government's financial cuts.

Planning Minister Paul Holloway today approved the stadium's $5.5 million lighting upgrade and confirmed the State Government's commitment to the remainder of the $100 million upgrade "in coming years" rather than next year as expected.

But Treasurer Kevin Foley's office today refused to clarify whether this meant the project would be delayed as a result of the state's embattled finances in next week's Mid-Year Budget Review.

The Advertiser reported the project was in the Government's firing line in October, but today's refusal to support the project less than a week from the review effectively places it on the chopping block.

SANFL executives were in an all-day meeeting and could not be contacted.

Today's approval of the lighting upgrade is subject to the submission of detailed engineering plans and other technical approvals, but is unlikely to be revoked.

Mr Holloway said the lighting project would justify the stadium's future, a reason given for it being declared a major project last year.

"AAMI will continue to be the State's premier sports stadium and the Government is committed to a substantial upgrade of the facility over the coming years," he said in a statement.

"This investment by the SANFL in improving the lights will ensure that it remains a first class venue for sporting events at night."

The new lighting towers will be almost 76m tall, compared to the existing 57m towers. Minister Holloway said the approved design would increase lighting by 25 per cent but would result in less light spilling to surrounding houses.

RUSSELL EMMERSON, adelaidenow.com.au
December 11, 2008 01:45pm
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#493 Post by Cruise » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:47 am

ghs wrote:
Adelaide united are on top of the ladder. It's pretty likely that the A-leauge grand final will be played in adelaide
at hindmarsh early next year. Again there will be high demand for tickets and very little supply due hindmarsh's limited capacity. This whole debate will fire up again.
Yep i can't wait.

round, round like a record baby

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

[DEF] Re: #ONH: AAMI Stadium Upgrade | $100m | (60,000+) | West Lakes

#494 Post by bm7500 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:24 pm

Maybe its back on again??
SANFL promises AAMI Stadium upgrade will go ahead
THE redevelopment of AAMI Stadium will go ahead despite the deferment of the $100 million promised by the State Government.

Today SANFL executive commissioner Leigh Whicker released plans for immediate and future work to the state's "home of football" which would not be completed for another four to five years.

Mr Whicker acknowledged the State Government's decision to defer the bulk of the funding and said the organisation was grateful for the $12.6 million it would still receive from the Government immediately.

"While we are grateful for the government's immediate assistance, which will help us develop members' and public facilities within the stadium, the SANFL is continuing with our plans to rejuvenate the home of South Australian football and to make match day access easier, upgrade the bus terminal and improve stadium lighting," Mr Whicker said.

The SANFL has a further reserve fund of $12.4 million which will aid primary work to the stadium surrounds.

The initial stage of redevelopment, worth $8 million, will incorporate first stage road works and transport upgrades. This is expected to be finished by March next year.

Following that work will start to upgrade the bus terminal and lighting which should be completed by February 2010.

The overall redevelopment will:

BRING 15,000-20,000 spectators closer to the playing field

COVER all external concourse areas and 10,000 more spectators

INCORPORATE two "super" entrances, one to the west to link up with West Lakes shopping centre and to the east to accommodate transport and parking upgrades

FEATURE a community hub facility in the north-west corner of the stadium grounds to be achieved in conjunction with the City of Charles Sturt

Mr Whicker reiterated the SANFL's point of view on the potential of a new, one-purpose-fits-all stadium in the city saying it was "extravagant".

He said if such a project were to go ahead it would take twice as long as the redevelopment of AAMI Stadium, which he considered a "great stadium".

"This stadium is only 35 years old,'' he said.

"We know it needs some work but we're committed to bringing this facility up to speed."

CANDICE KELLER - http://www.adelaidenow.com.au
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

Cruise
Banned
Banned

[DEF] Re: #ONH: AAMI Stadium Upgrade | $100m | (60,000+) | West Lakes

#495 Post by Cruise » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:32 pm

I am eagerly awaiting Adam lots-o-number's response to this lastest revelation.