[PRO] Keswick World Park (incl. Emergency Services HQ)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Queen Anne
Donating Member
Donating Member

[PRO] Re: World Park: 01 Keswick

#76 Post by Queen Anne » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:14 pm

Wayno wrote:
Queen Anne wrote:I might be naive, and I admit I am no expert in these matters, but has Adelaide just been snubbed? Last month shareholders approve the Melbourne version of WorldPark and at around the same time an investor pulls out of the Adelaide version? And now ours, which was the first to be proposed, is looking shaky :(
being snubbed implies some sort of pot, or subtext against Adelaide. I'm sure it is just a financial reality for this specific project (that is, the developer must obtain tenants prior to construction commencing).
Lol, OK, maybe I'm paranoid rather than naive. Or maybe both :shock:

I guess I just have no idea how these things work..but this is all turning out to be a real shame, IMO, and a particular loss to Adelaide, as we try to build a bit of a niche in green development. I will keep crossing my fingers for this one, I guess..and my paranoid side will keep wondering what the subtext is :wink:

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#77 Post by Wayno » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:26 pm

Wayno wrote: being snubbed implies some sort of pot, or subtext against Adelaide. I'm sure it is just a financial reality for this specific project (that is, the developer must obtain tenants prior to construction commencing).
oops. i meant to say PLOT, not POT :lol:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

raulduke
High Rise Poster!

#78 Post by raulduke » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:45 pm

Professor wrote:Lots of civil works started, it is a very large land area. Looks like Built Environs are the builders, which is another big job for this SA construction company. From the large number of excavators and workers on the site this weekend, the development will move quickly.
yes, a great south australian company

omada
Donating Member
Donating Member

#79 Post by omada » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:59 pm

Raulduke on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:45 pm

Professor wrote:Lots of civil works started, it is a very large land area. Looks like Built Environs are the builders, which is another big job for this SA construction company. From the large number of excavators and workers on the site this weekend, the development will move quickly.

yes, a great south australian company
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? ;)

raulduke
High Rise Poster!

#80 Post by raulduke » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:01 pm

In the words of Sgt Shultz - "I hear nuzing!" :lol:

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#81 Post by Wayno » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:40 am

i heard that Axiom has acquired funding and is pushing ahead with this development - completion due in early-2010. The anchor tenant is Colleys with 60% of the floorspace...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Professor
High Rise Poster!

#82 Post by Professor » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:32 am

the site has not moved for 6 months. It would be good if they started again but I know that a few people at Coffey are not keen to move to the boondocks

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#83 Post by UrbanSG » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:37 am

Article in today's AFR confirming what you posted Wayno. Axiom has given the go ahead fo this development.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#84 Post by Pikey » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:14 pm

New Built Environs signage, and site offices are now on site.

I'd say it's going to recommence very soon.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

omada
Donating Member
Donating Member

#85 Post by omada » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:52 pm

Yeah that fits, on the way to work, I saw some dudes milling about on the site today...

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

[PRO] Re: #U/C: World Park 01 | $170m | 3x6lvl | Office | Keswick

#86 Post by Wayno » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:34 pm

drove past earlier today - the weeds are certainly taller...

how_good_is_he
High Rise Poster!

#87 Post by how_good_is_he » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:31 pm

So far this development is certainly achieving all its environmental goals by being absolutely carbon neutral.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#88 Post by Will » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Woodhead Architects have updated their website revealing some new information regarding this development as well as some great new images:
Worldpark 01 located at Keswick just outside the Adelaide CBD is a 33000 sq. m business park developed by Axiom Properties, incorporating the latest in environmental development and green design.  Coffey International will be the major tenant in stage 1, occupying 7000 sq. m.

Woodhead developed the masterplan featuring three buildings of approximately 11000 sq. m NLA each, grouped around a large plaza forecourt which will house common facilities and meeting spaces.

The forecourt plaza space is the active feature providing a focal point for the development and the broader locality. It links to all of the site's activities via a north-south street providing a strong sense of community.

The integrated masterplan is designed to achieve a new benchmark for green business park environments both in Australia and globally.  Water neutrality is a major focus within the design - a water cycle system has been developed that generates as much water as it uses whilst reducing reliance on Adelaide's water supply and sewer infrastructure by as much as 80% when compared to a standard office park development.

The project will also include the re-establishment of the pre-settlement Adelaide Plains landscape ecology as an environmental feature of the development, returning flora and fauna to the site where practicable.

Responding to the changing needs of workplace culture is an important focus of the project which aims to provide work and lifestyle environments that improve productivity and retention rates.

The project aims to create an enhanced lifestyle environment which includes on-site child care facilities, gymnasium, retail, food and beverage and other support facilities.

Prince George
Legendary Member!

#89 Post by Prince George » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Looking through the thread, there's more talk of it's green credentials and LEED certification than its tenants (other than Coffey). Can anyone say if this is planned around particular kinds of businesses?

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#90 Post by AtD » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:14 pm

Thanks Will. Is there any actual construction going on? I think the thread topic is rather optimistic.