Thebarton Campus

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Thebarton Campus

#1 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:24 pm

University of Adelaide's Thebarton campus is definitely up for sale. I think the Uni is planning on maintaining a small presence there in a couple of buildings for the short term, but other than that the whole site is up for grabs.

I think the whole campus is about 4 hectares in total which, if Google's conversion is correct, is about 40,000m2.

Could be very interesting.

Edit: Yep, here it is:

http://www.colliers.com.au/16800/#.V2IiUHoRrnw
Recent changes to the Development Plan have seen the site re-zoned to a higher order use being Urban Corridor (Business Policy Area 37) which is a flexible zoning, encouraging mixed use medium and high density residential and compatible non-residential land uses oriented towards a high frequency public transport corridor.
Scaled-down Bowden MkII?

floplo
High Rise Poster!

Re: Thebarton Campus

#2 Post by floplo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:49 pm

I work at uni and got this earlier this week as a Facebook ad with the headline: "University of Adelaide to sell entire campus"....

first thought, will it be good for my job security if buy that and become my employer's landlord...?

Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Thebarton Campus

#3 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:01 pm

I also work for the Uni - want to go halves?