News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Trains

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Electrification and Resleepering of TransAdelaide Network

#841 Post by Norman » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:47 pm

jordan85 wrote:
Norman wrote:Here is a pic I got of the new interior of the 3000-class:
High Res: http://d39sxq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p ... 102009.jpg
Norman, you really have teased me with this pic! Looks very similar to the Melbourne trains. I can't believe that the 3000 railcars and the Melbourne Comeng ones are of such similar design, yet look so different inside and out. The 3000 cars look really tragic and desperately need refurbishment. I hope this refurbishment includes station/destination LED signage (inside and out!) and computerised voice-overs.
From what I've heard, it will have them.

deano91
High Rise Poster!

#842 Post by deano91 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:56 pm

What would be nice as well is a push button to open the doors like on the trams & 2000 class. There was a little asian girl on the train the other night who obviously wasn't from Adelaide, and when we got to her stop and the doors didn't open automatically, she started panicking and almost didn't get off the train. Luckily someone stepped in and opened the doors for her!

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#843 Post by Hooligan » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:07 pm

there have been times where the doors wont open at all, i've almost missed my stop because of it. (i had to run down the carriage to the other doors)

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

fabricator
Legendary Member!

#844 Post by fabricator » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:25 pm

deano91 wrote:What would be nice as well is a push button to open the doors like on the trams & 2000 class. There was a little asian girl on the train the other night who obviously wasn't from Adelaide, and when we got to her stop and the doors didn't open automatically, she started panicking and almost didn't get off the train. Luckily someone stepped in and opened the doors for her!
The prototype has been fitted with door open button, inside and out. There was a photo posted on another forum, though its not very good quality.
AdelaideNow: Now with 300% more Liberal Party hacks, at no extra cost.

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#845 Post by muzzamo » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:26 pm

fabricator wrote:The prototype has been fitted with door open button, inside and out. There was a photo posted on another forum, though its not very good quality.
Which other forum? link :-) ?

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#846 Post by Alyx » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:35 pm

muzzamo wrote:
fabricator wrote:The prototype has been fitted with door open button, inside and out. There was a photo posted on another forum, though its not very good quality.
Which other forum? link :-) ?
I think this is the post that fabricator was referring to: http://www.railsa.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 451#p46451

Briggzy_03
High Rise Poster!

#847 Post by Briggzy_03 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:12 pm

Norman wrote:
jordan85 wrote: Norman, you really have teased me with this pic! Looks very similar to the Melbourne trains. I can't believe that the 3000 railcars and the Melbourne Comeng ones are of such similar design, yet look so different inside and out. The 3000 cars look really tragic and desperately need refurbishment. I hope this refurbishment includes station/destination LED signage (inside and out!) and computerised voice-overs.
Such a small feature (LED signage, computerised voice-overs), but is long overdue. Every capital and international city metro i've travelled on has basically had this. Norman, so these refurbished cars are only going to be on the belair line? Does that mean we'll have to wait for the other lines (e.g. outer harbour, noarlunga) to have this implemented until the new trains arrive?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#848 Post by Norman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:43 am

Briggzy_03 wrote:
Norman wrote:
jordan85 wrote: Norman, you really have teased me with this pic! Looks very similar to the Melbourne trains. I can't believe that the 3000 railcars and the Melbourne Comeng ones are of such similar design, yet look so different inside and out. The 3000 cars look really tragic and desperately need refurbishment. I hope this refurbishment includes station/destination LED signage (inside and out!) and computerised voice-overs.
Such a small feature (LED signage, computerised voice-overs), but is long overdue. Every capital and international city metro i've travelled on has basically had this. Norman, so these refurbished cars are only going to be on the belair line? Does that mean we'll have to wait for the other lines (e.g. outer harbour, noarlunga) to have this implemented until the new trains arrive?
All the railcars will be refurbished to this I believe. The current upgrades are being rolled out as we speak. I think once the Outer Harbor line upgrade starts, more railcars will be refurbished, as more rollingstock can be put out of service.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#849 Post by Hooligan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:41 pm

Are they still getting rid of the 2000 class?

I was on a jumbe today (number 2112 i believe) and it had been refurbished with hand rails running the entire length of the car and only 2x2 seating all the way along

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#850 Post by Norman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:25 pm

Hooligan wrote:Are they still getting rid of the 2000 class?

I was on a jumbe today (number 2112 i believe) and it had been refurbished with hand rails running the entire length of the car and only 2x2 seating all the way along
They have been refurbished for a while now, but, yes, they will be out of service in the next 8-9 years.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#851 Post by Shuz » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:49 pm

I was on a 3105 carriage today, and it'd been cleaned throughly inside, spotless walls and windows, new lighting, comfortable seating with Adelaide Metro coloured texture on them and yellow handrails. Was immaculately clean!

They should look into permanently coupling the 2-car sets into one, like they've done with Melbourne's trains, which are similiar model to ours, and have destination signage inside and outside like they do on the trams, and then it'll be good as new!

Pat28
High Rise Poster!

#852 Post by Pat28 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:05 pm

Noarlunga line between Jetty Road Brighton and the city will be closed for weekend closure on Nov 27-29, weekend of Dec 6 and Dec 16. As you may have guessed routes N1 (Express to Brighton) and N2 (All Stops) will be operating.
Besser Verkehr in den Bergen

Tonsley213
High Rise Poster!

#853 Post by Tonsley213 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:08 pm

Pat28 wrote:Noarlunga line between Jetty Road Brighton and the city will be closed for weekend closure on Nov 27-29, weekend of Dec 6 and Dec 16. As you may have guessed routes N1 (Express to Brighton) and N2 (All Stops) will be operating.
Is their a link to where you got the information.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#854 Post by Norman » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:57 am

There will probably be a lot more closures for this secton after those dates, it's going to take a bit of time to get that big section done.

Pat28
High Rise Poster!

#855 Post by Pat28 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:37 pm

Tonsley213 wrote:
Pat28 wrote:Noarlunga line between Jetty Road Brighton and the city will be closed for weekend closure on Nov 27-29, weekend of Dec 6 and Dec 16. As you may have guessed routes N1 (Express to Brighton) and N2 (All Stops) will be operating.
Is their a link to where you got the information.

This information has not been released to the public as of yet. Should have something on the net at least by the end of the week.
Besser Verkehr in den Bergen