News & Discussion: Hindmarsh Stadium | 18,500

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

News & Discussion: Hindmarsh Stadium | 18,500

#1 Post by adam_stuckey » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:46 am

I was walking past the other day and noticed a sign from the State govenment. Completion is planned to be around mid 2009. I'm not sure exactly where in the stadium it will be

But its about time this govenment put a little money into this stadium. Now all we need is another 5,000 seats and i think everyone will be happy (at least for the next 5 years!)
To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month

joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: $1.52m on new video screen at Hindmarsh Stadium

#2 Post by joshzxzx » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:39 am

This is great news..

Is this new screen going to replace the old one? or are we going to have two screens???

Yes it would be nice to see a few more seats around the stadium especially in the corenrs.. We have four grand stands, but i wouold like to see the gaps filled which will make the stadium look like a complete oval... I beleive that it would really add to the experiance.

Adelaidfe also need to WIN....

http://www.adelaideunited.com.au/
South Australia the Festival State

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#3 Post by adam_stuckey » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:43 am

While I was there i walked around the whole stadium, there's bugger all room for these extensions though. There's definately enough room to fill in the city side corners but the other end is too close to the road.

I think that there's also going to be an new electronic scoreboard aswell hopefully they'll take them out of the corners and put them up on the top of stands.
To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#4 Post by adam_stuckey » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:08 pm

Here's what mike rann has to say about the new screen it just sounds like the only reason they're doing the screen is cause the FFA said they had too.

http://www.ministers.sa.gov.au/news.php?id=3205

They're also still claiming the AAMI stadium is still (once upgraded) acceptable for world cup football. When are they gonna get a clue!

peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

#5 Post by peas_and_corn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:42 pm

Surely it's the club's responsibility to meet basic FFA requirements?

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#6 Post by Cruise » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:54 pm

peas_and_corn wrote:Surely it's the club's responsibility to meet basic FFA requirements?
Haven't you heard the latest? Soccer taking money from the government = good and Aussie Rules taking money from the government = bad

fasterthanlids
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#7 Post by fasterthanlids » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:18 am

Cruise wrote:
peas_and_corn wrote:Surely it's the club's responsibility to meet basic FFA requirements?
Haven't you heard the latest? Soccer taking money from the government = good and Aussie Rules taking money from the government = bad
:D

Any expansion of Hindmarsh's capacity would have to be pretty creative, given the roads and heritage buildings right on the edge of its footprint.

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#8 Post by adam_stuckey » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:11 pm

If there was any chance of removing the church behind the city side stand we could slide the pitch up so the edge was level with the members stand and then just build that all the way around that would get us around 30,000 i reckon.

Oh and p.s. I'm so sick of Geoff Roach slagging off football in the paper He's clearly and AFL buff who's a little threatened by the amount of support football is getting now. Sure have a whinge but don't put that in the football section, and if his theory on why there weren't many at the game on saturday is right then why did 17,000 people go and another 10,000 wanted to the Champions league final when we were alredy 3-0 down i really think it had more to do with the crows being on tv.

ricecrackers
Banned
Banned

#9 Post by ricecrackers » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:14 pm

adam_stuckey wrote:If there was any chance of removing the church behind the city side stand we could slide the pitch up so the edge was level with the members stand and then just build that all the way around that would get us around 30,000 i reckon.

Oh and p.s. I'm so sick of Geoff Roach slagging off football in the paper He's clearly and AFL buff who's a little threatened by the amount of support football is getting now. Sure have a whinge but don't put that in the football section, and if his theory on why there weren't many at the game on saturday is right then why did 17,000 people go and another 10,000 wanted to the Champions league final when we were alredy 3-0 down i really think it had more to do with the crows being on tv.
but thats just supporting that tool's argument

i really think it had more to do with how much Adelaide United stunk for the previous 2 matches

is this video screen still getting built then? all went quiet on it for quite a while
If 50 million believe in a fallacy, it is still a fallacy..." Professor S.W. Carey

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#10 Post by adam_stuckey » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:02 pm

That's the problem quite a few people would support his arguement. I can forsee a large devide coming up soon if crowds drop off and large enough amount this season for especially crows games i think people well start taking sides.

There are a few factors for crowds dropping though but i wouldn't be shocked at all by a 10% drop a crowds this year i think alot of it will be people are just feed up with travelling to AAMI and another would be that the arguement that Football is boring and soft and becoming less and less and issue because AFL has now become that. But thats another topic....

So as far as I know the screen is going up in the North east or west now i can't remember hopefully west so the sun doesn't shine straight into like it does now. and as i said it should be done by mid year

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#11 Post by adam_stuckey » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:43 am

The frame work for the video screen is being welded together as we speak and the old scoreboard that was at the northern end of Hindmarsh is gone so i'm guessing that's where the screen will end up. Should be completed in a month or two exciting!

Tyler_Durden
High Rise Poster!

#12 Post by Tyler_Durden » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:05 pm

There is such irony in this development being advertised as a 'Replay Screen', which is the name it has been given on the signage at Hindmarsh Stadium. As most who've ever been would know, FIFA don't allow replays.

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#13 Post by adam_stuckey » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:24 pm

That was so annoying at the A-league GF i missed both red cards and couldn't see the replay! I didn't see Cristiano getting sent off till the next day!

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#14 Post by adam_stuckey » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Screen is up i took these today it looks like a smaller version of the one at AAMI. I reckon it could be ready for the NRL game coming up. It also sounded like they were doing sound checks on it.
Attachments
14042009233.jpg
14042009233.jpg (114.15 KiB) Viewed 5481 times
14042009232.jpg
14042009232.jpg (48.84 KiB) Viewed 5482 times
14042009231.jpg
14042009231.jpg (180.02 KiB) Viewed 5474 times
Last edited by adam_stuckey on Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ricecrackers
Banned
Banned

#15 Post by ricecrackers » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:11 pm

any chance you could resize and compress those images?...they're very hard to view on my laptop
If 50 million believe in a fallacy, it is still a fallacy..." Professor S.W. Carey