News & Discussion: O-Bahn

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: O-Bahn

#1291 Post by SBD » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:09 am

Vee wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:25 am
I Follow PAFC wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:00 pm
O-Bahn Tunnel works
When: From Tuesday 9 January 2018 to Monday 26 February 2018

The O-Bahn Tunnel will be closed at the below times and dates for finishing works. These finishing works include the installation of throw screens, additional signage and the completion of the northern and southern portal fences.

Buses will travel from Hackney Road via Botanic Road and East Terrace to Grenfell Street during these times.

9.30pm Tuesday 9 January to 4am Wednesday 10 January 20118
9.30pm Wednesday 10 January to 4am Thursday 11 January 2018
9.30pm Friday 12 January to 4am Monday 15 January 2018
9.30pm Friday 23 February to 4am Monday 26 February 2018

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... nnel-works
Media on high Pisoni negative ‘anti anything Public Transport related’ watch.

The Tunnel shut for ‘finishing works’ on 4 periods in January (from 9.30pm-4am).
Hardly a major issue or inconvenience!!!

Check the ’Farce’ headline in this tweet via @7NewsAdelaide:
O-Bahn Farce: Find out why the new city tunnel will be shut down just weeks after opening. Details in 7 News at 6pm. #OBahn #7News https://twitter.com/7NewsAdelaide/statu ... 04/video/1
I have no problem with someone "checking the bolts are tight" after a few weeks of actual use. The Channel 7 and Pisoni preference seems to have been that there would have been drivers paid overtime to drive empty busses up and down for the last month to shake everything down, then complete these finishing works, and finally open to real passengers at the end of February, only a few weeks before the election!

Sure, those two weekend closures will be a bit inconvenient for people who use those buses or the roads they will be on instead - it will be "just like the good old days" - 2017!

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1292 Post by Norman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:49 am

So what the opposition is really saying then is that the tunnel is so good after all, that it needs to remain open at all times. :lol:

Before: We don't need this bus tunnel. After: Why are you shutting the tunnel? We NEED it!

Before: Extending the trams to City West is a waste of money and trees. After: There are too many people on the trams, why are there not more? Later: Why can't we spend more money on extra unnecessary intersection turns?

Before: Let's upgrade the RAH! After: Let's sell the RAH to a private hospital! Later: This site needs something culturally significant and mustg remain in public hands.

And I am still waiting to see a transport policy outside of train station phone chargers. Policy should be announced much earlier so that it can be debated and refined.

[Shuz]

#1293 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:07 am

Liberals; Where policies and annoucements are made on the back of an envelope.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#1294 Post by Kasey771 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:09 am

[Shuz] wrote:Liberals; Where policies and annoucements are made on the back of an envelope.
Tweeted Pisoni this morning asking if the Libs even have a Public Transport policy? Not expecting a reply so they shouldn’t be expecting my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

rubberman

#1295 Post by rubberman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:11 pm

I refuse to damage my brain reading these so-called news outlets. I have convinced three of my relatives to cancel Advertiser, Australian and Sunday Mail subscriptions in the past 12 months.

Rubberman, dedicated to improving SA's mental health

[Shuz]

#1296 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:31 pm

Kasey771 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:09 am
[Shuz] wrote:Liberals; Where policies and annoucements are made on the back of an envelope.
Tweeted Pisoni this morning asking if the Libs even have a Public Transport policy? Not expecting a reply so they shouldn’t be expecting my vote.

If he replies, let us know what the response is.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#1297 Post by Brucetiki » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:34 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:31 pm
Kasey771 wrote:

No response = no policy right?

[Shuz]

#1298 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:09 pm

I've sent an email to Steven myself.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1299 Post by rev » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:34 pm

There probably isn't anyone on here who thinks we need an actual network of interconnected freeways that stretches from the Riverland to Victor-Goolwa more then I do, but holy shit if they don't have a public transport policy and list of priorities, then wow, what the fuck are they doing in politics.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#1300 Post by Goodsy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:15 pm

rev wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:34 pm
There probably isn't anyone on here who thinks we need an actual network of interconnected freeways that stretches from the Riverland to Victor-Goolwa more then I do, but holy shit if they don't have a public transport policy and list of priorities, then wow, what the fuck are they doing in politics.
It's not just transport... It's literally everything, they don't have meaningful policy for anything

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1301 Post by rev » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:23 pm

Goodsy wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:15 pm
rev wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:34 pm
It's not just transport... It's literally everything, they don't have meaningful policy for anything
I know, they are hoping to get in by throwing mud at the government, and by hoping that people want a change for the sake of having a change.
I'm hoping people aren't that stupid, because if they are, well, as Ken Hinkley says, we'll get what we deserve...

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

News & Discussion: O-Bahn

#1302 Post by Kasey771 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:07 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
[Shuz] wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:31 pm
Kasey771 wrote:

No response = no policy right?
That’s what I’m going to assume. I’ve bluntly said no policy means no vote from me. I should add in the interest of background information and as an indicator for how disappointed i am in the state libs... I have never ever voted for Labor before and I’m 40 years old. Seriously considering doing it though in March.

Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

PeFe

#1303 Post by PeFe » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:52 am

The Liberals plan for a park'n'ride at the Paradise O-Bahn Interchange.
From The Advertiser
SA election 2018: Liberals promise Paradise Park ‘n’ Ride if they win office

POLITICAL DRIVE: An artist’s impression of the Liberals’ plan for a $7.5 million a Park ‘n’ Ride facility at Paradise.

THE Liberal Party has fired the first salvo as it seeks to prevent Nick Xenophon returning to State Parliament, pledging $7.5 million to build a Park ‘n’ Ride facility at Paradise if it wins the state election.

Opposition Leader Steven Marshall said the Park ‘n’ Ride was “desperately needed” and the commitment was the result of Hartley MP Vincent Tarzia’s “concerted campaign” for the project.

Mr Tarzia faces an uphill battle to retain Hartley at March’s election, in a tussle against SA Best leader Nick Xenophon and former Labor education minister Grace Portolesi.

A new carpark at the Paradise interchange was promised by Labor in the lead-up to the 2014 election, but abandoned after its carpark tax was defeated in the Upper House.

Mr Marshall said the proposed facility would provide more than 300 new parking spaces for users of the O-Bahn tunnel, easing the “parking and congestion problems” facing local residents.

“If elected, a Liberal gov­ernment will deliver this important project for public transport users in the northeastern suburbs who have been waiting for years for better parking infrastructure at Paradise,” he said.

Full article : http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 9e5fa10da9
That car park looks like it will support 200 cars...ie 200 people, just why we should be supporting quality public transport.
4 buses could bring the same number of people to Paradise as that car park.
The O-Bahn is supposed to be about "quick" bus services into the CBD along a "bus freeway"......I am sure 99% sure that the people who want to use such a car park are just too lazy to walk 5 minutes to the bus stop to get the bus (that goes down the O-Bahn anyway)
NO...to any park and ride parks anywhere within 12 kilometres of the CBD.

And that car park render looks like some sort of 1970's piece of crap.......

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#1304 Post by timtam20292 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:49 am

Of course they’d announce to build a bloody car park lol :roll:

[Shuz]

#1305 Post by [Shuz] » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:49 am

So the Liberals public transport policy is to... build a carpark after blocking it 3 years ago. Hypocrisy much.

Are they actually trying to lose this election?