News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Message
Author
Eurostar
Legendary Member!
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#841 Post by Eurostar » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:22 pm

Most of the proposal for bus routes imo is unneccesary. The only thing that should change is changing alpha numbers like G10 to 210.

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:01 pm
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#842 Post by adelaide transport » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:37 pm

You are entitled to your opinion Eurostar, but as you have read these or similar changes to Routes and services are going to happen!
There are many routes that are just not viable, and we haven't had a major revamp for our Bus Networks in close to 30 years. These changes are necessary to put buses where they are needed and are going to increase patronage.
Too many services are so indirect winding through backstreets that makes services very slow and unattractive.
The whole idea of this total revamp is to simplify a very complicated network that a lot of people cannot work out.

User avatar
1NEEDS2POST
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:01 pm
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#843 Post by 1NEEDS2POST » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:36 am

adelaide transport wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:37 pm
You are entitled to your opinion Eurostar, but as you have read these or similar changes to Routes and services are going to happen!
There are many routes that are just not viable, and we haven't had a major revamp for our Bus Networks in close to 30 years. These changes are necessary to put buses where they are needed and are going to increase patronage.
Too many services are so indirect winding through backstreets that makes services very slow and unattractive.
The whole idea of this total revamp is to simplify a very complicated network that a lot of people cannot work out.
Plus a smaller network means that frequency can be increased on the simplified routes. The key thing in the plan is that the 15 minute "Go Zones" will be expanded. That's the number one thing that drives public transport use.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#844 Post by Eurostar » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:22 pm

1NEEDS2POST wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:36 am
adelaide transport wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:37 pm
You are entitled to your opinion Eurostar, but as you have read these or similar changes to Routes and services are going to happen!
There are many routes that are just not viable, and we haven't had a major revamp for our Bus Networks in close to 30 years. These changes are necessary to put buses where they are needed and are going to increase patronage.
Too many services are so indirect winding through backstreets that makes services very slow and unattractive.
The whole idea of this total revamp is to simplify a very complicated network that a lot of people cannot work out.
Plus a smaller network means that frequency can be increased on the simplified routes. The key thing in the plan is that the 15 minute "Go Zones" will be expanded. That's the number one thing that drives public transport use.
Our tram network should be extended too,
1) Extend Festival Theatre Line to Blair Athol via O'Connell Street and Prospect Road

2) New line from Magill to Grange via Magill Road, North Terrace, Port Road, Grange Road

3) New line from Magill to Henley Beach via The Parade, Bartels Road, Pirie Street, Waymouth Street, Henley Beach Road

4) Wattle Park to Adelaide Airport via Kensington Road, Wakefield Street, Grote Street, Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Sir Richard Williams Avenue. (Possible extension to West Beach to help reactivate the area)

5) to Glynde via Payneham Road
6) to Mitcham via Unley Road and Belair Road
7) to Hyde Park via King William Road
8) to Flinders Uni via Goodwood Road
9) to St Clair via Torrens Road
10) to Marion Centre via Marion Road

ml69
Legendary Member!
Posts: 926
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:16 pm
Location: Adelaide SA
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#845 Post by ml69 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:55 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:22 pm
1NEEDS2POST wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:36 am
adelaide transport wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:37 pm
You are entitled to your opinion Eurostar, but as you have read these or similar changes to Routes and services are going to happen!
There are many routes that are just not viable, and we haven't had a major revamp for our Bus Networks in close to 30 years. These changes are necessary to put buses where they are needed and are going to increase patronage.
Too many services are so indirect winding through backstreets that makes services very slow and unattractive.
The whole idea of this total revamp is to simplify a very complicated network that a lot of people cannot work out.
Plus a smaller network means that frequency can be increased on the simplified routes. The key thing in the plan is that the 15 minute "Go Zones" will be expanded. That's the number one thing that drives public transport use.
Our tram network should be extended too,
1) Extend Festival Theatre Line to Blair Athol via O'Connell Street and Prospect Road

2) New line from Magill to Grange via Magill Road, North Terrace, Port Road, Grange Road

3) New line from Magill to Henley Beach via The Parade, Bartels Road, Pirie Street, Waymouth Street, Henley Beach Road

4) Wattle Park to Adelaide Airport via Kensington Road, Wakefield Street, Grote Street, Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Sir Richard Williams Avenue. (Possible extension to West Beach to help reactivate the area)

5) to Glynde via Payneham Road
6) to Mitcham via Unley Road and Belair Road
7) to Hyde Park via King William Road
8) to Flinders Uni via Goodwood Road
9) to St Clair via Torrens Road
10) to Marion Centre via Marion Road
That’s about a $5bn wish list you have there. Why not a metro subway system for Adelaide then?

ml69
Legendary Member!
Posts: 926
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:16 pm
Location: Adelaide SA
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#846 Post by ml69 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:45 pm

Spotto wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:24 pm
1NEEDS2POST wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:05 pm
It looks better than before, but there's no pattern to the numbers. If they're doing a re-numbering, why not give the routes a pattern? For example, east-west buses are even numbered, north-south are odd numbered.
Not a bad idea. Would make wayfinding much easier if you're trying to navigate the network.

Some of the current bus numbers are arranged into sets to tell you what main road they use: G-numbered routes on Goodwood Road, 7-numbered on South Road, and 15-numbered on Port Road come to mind. Some sort of easy-on-the-commuter organising for the new system is needed.
Too late now, but I always thought it would make sense to name the bus routes after the regional bus zones they service. Examples:

- East West buses: EW1, EW2 ... EW99 etc
- North South buses: NS1, NS2 ... NS99 etc
- Hills buses: HL1, HL2 etc
- Outer North buses: ON1, ON2 etc
- Outer North East buses: NE1, NE2 etc

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:01 pm
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#847 Post by adelaide transport » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:12 am

Some changes to Bus services;-
J1X services will be suspended after tonight.
After Midnight services will be discontinued immediately
98/99 services will be discontinued after tomorrow.
These changes are as a result of the Corona virus and subsequent drop in patronage and at this stage are indefinite.

User avatar
PeFe
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 am
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 193 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#848 Post by PeFe » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:41 pm

Surprised Adelaide Metro didn't move to a "limited summer timetable" last week.

Modbury_Man
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#849 Post by Modbury_Man » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:41 pm

adelaide transport wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:12 am
Some changes to Bus services;-
J1X services will be suspended after tonight.
After Midnight services will be discontinued immediately
98/99 services will be discontinued after tomorrow.
These changes are as a result of the Corona virus and subsequent drop in patronage and at this stage are indefinite.
There still doesn't seem to be any info on the AdMet website re this?

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:01 pm
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#850 Post by adelaide transport » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Modbury_Man wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:41 pm
adelaide transport wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:12 am
Some changes to Bus services;-
J1X services will be suspended after tonight.
After Midnight services will be discontinued immediately
98/99 services will be discontinued after tomorrow.
These changes are as a result of the Corona virus and subsequent drop in patronage and at this stage are indefinite.
There still doesn't seem to be any info on the AdMet website re this?
Yes it is on the Adelaide Metro website.

NTRabbit
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 162 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#851 Post by NTRabbit » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:36 pm

PeFe wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:41 pm
Surprised Adelaide Metro didn't move to a "limited summer timetable" last week.
Too many workers still relying on the buses to get to their jobs for them to do that without the Fed sacking up and ordering the overdue shutdown

User avatar
1NEEDS2POST
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:01 pm
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#852 Post by 1NEEDS2POST » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:06 am

adelaide transport wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:12 am
Some changes to Bus services;-
J1X services will be suspended after tonight.
After Midnight services will be discontinued immediately
98/99 services will be discontinued after tomorrow.
These changes are as a result of the Corona virus and subsequent drop in patronage and at this stage are indefinite.
I can understand dropping express routes, dropping 98/99 and lowering the frequency. At worst, passengers have to wait longer for a bus. What's really disappointing is dropping the after midnight services because that will leave people stranded.

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:01 pm
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#853 Post by adelaide transport » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:50 am

1NEEDS2POST wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:06 am
adelaide transport wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:12 am
Some changes to Bus services;-
J1X services will be suspended after tonight.
After Midnight services will be discontinued immediately
98/99 services will be discontinued after tomorrow.
These changes are as a result of the Corona virus and subsequent drop in patronage and at this stage are indefinite.
I can understand dropping express routes, dropping 98/99 and lowering the frequency. At worst, passengers have to wait longer for a bus. What's really disappointing is dropping the after midnight services because that will leave people stranded.
The number of people using "After Midnight" services last Sunday morning was so low that continuation of these services in the current climate is not feasible. Considering that Pubs, Clubs and Entertainment venues are shut and people are being told to stay home, it is doubtful anyone would be inconvenienced by the cancellation of these services.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#854 Post by Eurostar » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:09 pm

I wonder if Scania L94UA 2801 (zone cruiser) will be transferred to Aldgate or Mount Barker

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#855 Post by I Follow PAFC » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:39 pm

Salisbury Interchange bus stop changes due to Gawler Line Electrification Project.
When: From Saturday 11 April 2020 to Friday 24 April 2020.
https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... on-Project
Attachments
Salisbury-Interchange-bus-stop-changes-due-to-Gawler-Line-Electrification-Project_articleimage328W.jpg
Salisbury-Interchange-bus-stop-changes-due-to-Gawler-Line-Electrification-Project_articleimage328W.jpg (92.49 KiB) Viewed 593 times
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndyWelsh, Google Adsense [Bot], Norman and 19 guests