News & Discussion: Public Transport Contracts, Service & Policy

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: New Connections

#316 Post by Norman » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:07 pm

They were apparently handing out the new ones at the railway station this morning, but I must have missed them as I didn't see them.

kenget
Gold-Member ;)

#317 Post by kenget » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:03 am

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#318 Post by jimmy_2486 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:32 pm

What is happening with the Northern Connector??

The time-line says that by August 2009 it should be approved with Construction starting 2010-2011?

http://dtei.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/no ... t/schedule

marquisite
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#319 Post by marquisite » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:20 pm

The outdated 'proposed route' map that showed the Nothern Connector linking in to Salisbury Highway was removed from the project's home page not all that long ago (http://www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/northern_connector)

I am speaking of this map:

The South Road Superway's page does show the more recent alignment of the Northern Connector in the map, though (click to see larger version):

Perhaps it has been delayed now the Superway has been brought forward .. maybe they are investigating how it might connect to South Road with the superway?

Mind you, I am being rather optimistic about the Northern Connector's approval..

bay transit
High Rise Poster!

Re: Public transport's New Year revamp

#320 Post by bay transit » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:31 am

Well its only a couple of weeks short of 6 months and nothing has happened!No surprise.has anybody heard anymore on this subject?

peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

#321 Post by peas_and_corn » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:36 pm

It's about time. My timetable hasn't changed for months.

Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#322 Post by Xaragmata » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:38 pm

bay transit wrote:Well its only a couple of weeks short of 6 months and nothing has happened!No surprise.has anybody heard anymore on this subject?
The way I have heard it, there will be an emphasis on the rail network & feeder buses, so not much point implementing it until the Gawler line is rebuilt
if what I've heard is true.

Pat28
High Rise Poster!

#323 Post by Pat28 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Long time - no post.

Word floating around at the moment is at there is complex merger between TransAdelaide and the Public Transport Division, which should be complete by the end of the year (apparently). Also keep your eyes peeled for some community consultation on the 145/146 bus routes for a rerouting in the Dulwich Avenue area and a January 2011 Service Change.
Besser Verkehr in den Bergen

bay transit
High Rise Poster!

#324 Post by bay transit » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:03 pm

Have you heard about any other changes that may happen?

Xaragmata

Re: General Public Transport thread

#325 Post by Xaragmata » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:34 am

Railways come full circle, from South Australian Railways Commissioner back to Office of the Rail Commissioner:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 003949.htm

End of the line for TransAdelaide

TransAdelaide, the government agency providing some public transport services in Adelaide, is being abolished.

Its functions and staff are being transferred to the new Office of the Rail Commissioner.

Deputy CEO of the Transport Department Rod Hook has told a State Parliamentary inquiry the re-organisation would lead to greater efficiency.

"We're trying to get as best as we can in our administration of the process so we can put as many dollars as we can in the way we run bus services,
tram services and train services," he said.

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#326 Post by muzzamo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:23 am

Xaragmata wrote:Railways come full circle, from South Australian Railways Commissioner back to Office of the Rail Commissioner:
That really doesn't suprise me.

You only need to take a cursory look around Adelaide railway station to realize that Transadelaide is an enormously inefficient organization. The government is spending billions fixing up the rail system, and I wouldn't want transadelaide to be at the helms either.

Hopefully DTEI and this new office can bring about change. But they will still be left with the question of what to do with all of the dead wood!

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

General Public Transport thread

#327 Post by AtD » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:34 am

But is it anything more than a change to the letterhead?

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#328 Post by monotonehell » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:24 pm

muzzamo wrote:
Xaragmata wrote:Railways come full circle, from South Australian Railways Commissioner back to Office of the Rail Commissioner:

You only need to take a cursory look around Adelaide railway station to realize that Transadelaide is an enormously inefficient organization. The government is spending billions fixing up the rail system, and I wouldn't want transadelaide to be at the helms either.

Hopefully DTEI and this new office can bring about change. But they will still be left with the question of what to do with all of the dead wood!
Hah! I think not. Same people, different day.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Omicron

#329 Post by Omicron » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:34 pm

AtD wrote:But is it anything more than a change to the letterhead?
Excuse me! You must have missed the PowerPoint presentation detailing the positive synergies of this paradigm shift.

peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

#330 Post by peas_and_corn » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:38 pm

muzzamo wrote:

Build new bins :shock: