News & Discussion: Public Transport Contracts, Service & Policy

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Public Transport

#1591 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Waewick wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:33 pm
Kasey771 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:01 pm
I noticed SABest's transport policy response decried as lacklustre above. At Least they have a Public Transport Policy. I have emailed and tweeted the SA Libs multiple times asking about their PT policy. quick as a flash...nothing. Well no policy means no vote from me. :wallbash:
I find that a particularly scary way to vote, but hey its your life.
Depends on a voter's priorities I guess - if public transport is high on the list (as it is for me, behind health, education and the economy) then why would you vote for a party which has no policy in that area?

I would count Labor's 30 year transport plan as a pretty detailed policy of their public transport priorities - albeit most of which is currently unfunded. I'd vote for an unfunded but ultimately perfectly feasible vision any day over no policy at all.

Plus, if the direct question's been asked on multiple occasions on multiple platforms with no response then to me that would suggest the answer would perhaps not be a positive one e.g. "Thanks for the question Kasey but we actually don't really give a shit about public transport. Have you thought about using your car more?".

ChillyPhilly

#1592 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Just went past Dry Creek and saw (I think) car 3012 with one of the yellow ends repainted red.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Patrick_27

#1593 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:20 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 pm
Just went past Dry Creek and saw (I think) car 3012 with one of the yellow ends repainted red.
Are these perhaps being converted to electric railcars? Otherwise why have they now decided to unify the colour scheme of all the railcars?

Llessur2002

#1594 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:49 pm

I presume the chosen colour scheme for all public transport vehicles is red and that any yellow buses, trams and trains remain so only because there has not been a convenient time to standardise the colour scheme to red. If a bus, tram or train is taken out of service for maintenance then it seems like a good idea to paint the front to the new colour if suitable opportunity allows. Why it hasn't happened sooner I don't know, it's been one of those niggly things that's always bugged me...

Edit: Oooh, my 1000th post. I should have a cake or something.

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

#1595 Post by adelaide transport » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:59 pm

I think the cost of repainting trams and buses into Adelaide Metro Red would make it prohibitive, considering number of vehicles that would require this detail,and also DPTI budget has had to be trimmed.

ChillyPhilly

#1596 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:49 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:20 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Are these perhaps being converted to electric railcars? Otherwise why have they now decided to unify the colour scheme of all the railcars?
The only other thing I can think of is that it's the designated car to tow the electrics into Dry Creek.

Also congrats Llessur2002 on the 1000th post! :bow: :cheers: :applause:
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1597 Post by Norman » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:08 pm

All of the 3000-class rail cars are receiving new bogies in a program that started a year or so ago. It could be related to that, but I doubt it.

None of the real cars are being converted to electric AFAIK. Given that full electrification is still years away it wouldn't be worth it as they are still required for diesel services.

PD2/20
High Rise Poster!

#1598 Post by PD2/20 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:12 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:49 pm

The only other thing I can think of is that it's the designated car to tow the electrics into Dry Creek.

Also congrats Llessur2002 on the 1000th post! :bow: :cheers: :applause:
All transfer workings are operated by 2-car formations, which are empty stock diesel workings between Dry Creek and Adelaide. There is not a designated car as such.

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#1599 Post by Alyx » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:00 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
From what I understand, the 3000-class railcars are being mechanically upgraded to extend their operating life. They will be repainted red, black, and blue to match the electric fleet as they are upgraded.

The Scooter Guy

#1600 Post by The Scooter Guy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:26 pm

Here's 3012 and to make matters worse, a despicable act of graffiti! :cry:
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Verbatim9
Gold-Member ;)

#1601 Post by Verbatim9 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:01 pm

Talking Transport Policies from each party Is Labor still committed to fulfil it transport object? Still a few projects that haven't been ticked off as yet.

The plan includes...

XAn electrified railway system in Adelaide

✓An electrified Seaford train line.

XAn electrified Gawler train line.

✓An electrified Tonsley train line linked to a new 600 space park and ride facility.

✓Upgraded stations and increased park and ride car spaces.

✓Preservation of future train corridors, to Aldinga in the south and to the north and east of Gawler.

XElectrification of the Belair train line in the longer term.

XA potential underground city train link to improve accessibility, with four new CBD stations in the longer term.

XRelocation of the passenger rail terminal at Keswick into Adelaide Station.

XIncreased service frequencies, meaning less waiting time.

XIncreased secure bike parking at stations and opportunities for bike sharing through the Metrocard system.

Patrick_27

#1602 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:18 pm

Verbatim9 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:01 pm
Talking Transport Policies from each party Is Labor still committed to fulfil it transport object? Still a few projects that haven't been ticked off as yet.

The plan includes...

✓An electrified Tonsley train line linked to a new 600 space park and ride facility.

✓Preservation of future train corridors, to Aldinga in the south and to the north and east of Gawler.

XA potential underground city train link to improve accessibility, with four new CBD stations in the longer term.

XIncreased secure bike parking at stations and opportunities for bike sharing through the Metrocard system.
Why do you keep posting shit that is either a). not even a matter of consideration for this election or probably the next few elections, or b). something that has already been done either at the beginning or prior to the existing term of government? All those that have been crossed on your list won't happen ANY TIME in the immediate future let alone this election.

Verbatim9
Gold-Member ;)

#1603 Post by Verbatim9 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:31 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Verbatim9 wrote:

The plan includes...

Why do you keep posting shit that is either a). not even a matter of consideration for this election or probably the next few elections, or b). something that has already been done either at the beginning or prior to the existing term of government? All those that have been crossed on your list won't happen ANY TIME in the immediate future let alone this election.
Well it's still up in the Governments website just questioning it validity and timeframe. No point having it published on an official government website if it's not going to happen.

Verbatim9
Gold-Member ;)

#1604 Post by Verbatim9 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:32 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Verbatim9 wrote:

The plan includes...

Well it's still up in the Governments website just questioning it validity and timeframe. No point having it published on an official government website if it's not going to happen.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1605 Post by Norman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:41 pm

X Increased service frequencies, meaning less waiting time.
Actually, that already happened. Outer Harbor line is now every 30 minutes on weekends, Seaford and Gawler every 15 minutes on weekdays and increased night services start in April.