[U/C] M2 North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: News & Discussion: South Road / North-South Corridor

#796 Post by claybro » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:53 pm

metezcan111 wrote:So they want to sink it at Bowden to encourage apartment sales right up to the rail corridor,but are happy to raise it thru established areas?.this area between the rail and port rd has already been earmarked for medium density housing up to 5 storeys,i wonder how many people have raised there concerns only to be given an offer to purchase?.
labor says the Darlington plan isn't ready,but remember they were quite happy to tout the plan to encourage homeowners to sell.wouldnt you buy cheaply if you knew what was going to go up after any future (read rail corridor toll rd) announcement.the relationship between labor and property developers is well known,and as yet unbroken.
In the recently released state government transport plan, the sinking of the Outer Harbor line at Bowden is removed in favour of converting the who;e line to loght rail (tram) and have a level crossing at Park terrace turning right onto park and then left into port....this will require some clever sequencing with the lights at Port road, but not impossible. It is a MUCH cheaper option than undergrounding Bowden station, and means the continuation of Outer Harbor as rail is far more likely. The current trains are quite poorly patronised and this line would much better benefit from more frequent, more flexible, quieter but smaller light rail.

metezcan111
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#797 Post by metezcan111 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:48 am

Not sure if I understand correctly,does that mean the outer harbour line (when converted to light rail)will use the tram line to the entertainment centre (or close to)before jumping onto the rail line?.
and just to add to my list of reasons why i just don't see the torrens to torrens project going ahead(or rather that it is a preelection diversion until the nth/sth planning study's recommendation of a rail corridor freeway is announced),why on the north side of the rail xing on south rd where they have dug their testpit (little more than a one car underground car park.i don't recall any of the other underpasses starting like this) haven't they removed all the dirt from the site ,surely if all the plans are set and its going ahead you would remove all the dirt like on every other project,there is no requirement for dirt for use on any other part of the plan.you would only leave the dirt if you plan to put it all back in the ground.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#798 Post by Nathan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:36 am

metezcan111 wrote:Not sure if I understand correctly,does that mean the outer harbour line (when converted to light rail)will use the tram line to the entertainment centre (or close to)before jumping onto the rail line?.
Yes, that is correct. It's shown in the 30yr transport plan.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#799 Post by rev » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Another three properties have been acquired.
26 south road west hindmarsh
94 south road west hindmarsh
162 south road croydon

metezcan111
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#800 Post by metezcan111 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:45 pm

Is there a site that lists properties as they are aquired,and where is it?.and does it list all properties the govt. has bought or just those actually said to be required (for instance at their site office they had a map with red dots along south rd where they had bought,but none showing on properties off south rd that they had bought as well).

rev

#801 Post by rev » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:42 pm

I read it in todays paper in the public notices section.

rev

#802 Post by rev » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

I don't know if I was dreaming, or hallucinating from the toxic smell of the nearby rubbish and recycling depots at Wingfield, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a sign on the northern side of the Superway calling it the North South Motorway..Since when did we start using the term motorway in SA?

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#803 Post by Hooligan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Ummm those signs have been up for a while.

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

ReallyBad
High Rise Poster!

#804 Post by ReallyBad » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Looks like southbound might open Friday based on the signs on the Port Expressway
Studied Civil Engineering - graduated 1995 - now working in IT.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#805 Post by neoballmon » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:10 pm

I saw that when coming home on Monday. I wasn't sure if that referred to last Friday (the alignment of the lanes had changed a little on Salisbury Highway, or if it was that it opens this Friday.
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

rev

#806 Post by rev » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:25 pm

It's probably related to the work being carried out along that section of Salisbury highway.
They've dug up the inner shoulder/curb, and those old/existing lanes need resurfacing. I don't know what they've done to the road surface or technical terms, but it's like driving on millions of little bumps.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#807 Post by monotonehell » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:01 pm

rev wrote:It's probably related to the work being carried out along that section of Salisbury highway.
They've dug up the inner shoulder/curb, and those old/existing lanes need resurfacing. I don't know what they've done to the road surface or technical terms, but it's like driving on millions of little bumps.
Sounds like they've serrated the old, worn-out surface in order to put a new surface on.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#808 Post by neoballmon » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Received an email, it's definitely opening this Friday
During the afternoon of Friday 31 January 2014, the southbound lanes of
the elevated roadway will open for traffic travelling west from Salisbury
Highway.
In the coming weeks, access to the southbound lanes will also be available
to motorists travelling east on Port River Expressway

A flyer detailing access arrangements associated with the opening is
attached.
Please contact us on the details below if you have any questions.
And from the attached pdf
stages of completion, with preparations to open the southbound lanes of the elevated roadway complete.
During the afternoon of Friday 31 January 2014, the southbound lanes of the elevated roadway will open to traffc.
Access to ground level South Road will still be available from Salisbury Highway with motorists able to take the South Road exit after the on-ramp (refer to picture 1).
To access the elevated roadway, motorists need to be travelling west on Salisbury Highway, and choose the far left lane to take the on-ramp (refer to picture 1).
The on-ramp to the elevated roadway will be posted at 60km/h. The speed limit on the structure will remain at 60km/h while the northbound lanes remain under construction.
When travelling southbound on the elevated roadway, motorists wishing to access ground level South Road and the side streets of Wirriga St, Kateena St, Taminga St, Aruma St, Camira St or Tikalara St must use the off- ramp to Grand Junction Road (refer to picture
2). There will be a left turn lane to Grand Junction Road, two lanes travelling straight to join southbound ground level South Road and two right turn lanes to Grand Junction Road.
Motorists on the elevated roadway can continue south and rejoin ground level South Road, south of Days Road (refer to picture
3) to reach Regency Road. It is not possible to access the side streets in Regency Park from South Road after exiting the elevated roadway. To access the side streets motorists can utilise Regency Road and Naweena Rd (shown overleaf).
Please note there is no access to the elevated roadway for cyclists or pedestrians.
In the coming weeks, access to the southbound lanes of the elevated roadway will also be available to motorists travelling east on the Port River Expressway. The speed limit on the on-ramp will be posted at 60km/h.
Construction on ground level South Road will continue and traffc detours will remain in place as detailed overleaf.
For more information about the South Road Superway please contact the project information line on 1300 638 789 or send an email to contactus@urbansuperway. com.au

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#809 Post by neoballmon » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:10 pm

And I will head up there on Saturday with my camera for those who can not make it.

rev

#810 Post by rev » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:27 pm

It's on my home tomorrow afternoon, so I'll let you guys know how it rides 8)

Btw, anyone see the news, 7 or 9 had a bit of a beat up about asphalt not being able to be laid in the extreme heat this weekend.
Typical media in this state, probably better if people didn't see it. I wish I hadn't.