[U/C] M2 North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Bulldozer
High Rise Poster!

[U/C] Re: #article: PM hints at South Rd funding

#31 Post by Bulldozer » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:37 am

In Australia you can vote for who you want for whatever reason you want, which is great because everyone has different priorities.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#32 Post by Will » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:53 pm

Bulldozer wrote:In Australia you can vote for who you want for whatever reason you want, which is great because everyone has different priorities.
I understand and respect this.

However these same freedoms also allow people to express the opinion that changing your vote over such a minor issue is bizarre considering the more important issues that will decide this election.

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#33 Post by jimmy_2486 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:56 pm

Yeah but what is an issue that is important to everyone??

Different people want different things, that is why we vote isn't it?

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#34 Post by AtD » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:17 pm

I know I'd rather save 10 minutes on a drive down south than have civil liberties.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#35 Post by rev » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:25 pm

jimmy_2486 wrote:Yeah but what is an issue that is important to everyone??

Different people want different things, that is why we vote isn't it?
Industrial relations is a matter for every Australian, as one example.
South Road isn't a national issue, its a state issue. People shouldn't federal politicians swing their vote over these things.
If the federal government was serious about providing funding for road infrastructure in this state, it would have provided all the funding needed over the last decade, but it hasn't. So if people are really going to make their vote based on South Road, and vote for Howard, consider the entitled funding for SA that we havn't recieved, that could have fixed South Road and other roads.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#36 Post by crawf » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:40 pm

No South Road is not going to be my primary reason for the election. However it could help sway my vote towards Howard (plus with a few other things) but its looking unlikely at this stage, cause John Howard has passed hes used by date.

Though I'm not a great fan of Keven Rudd either, the "Kevin 07" is stupid IMO. But he is doing the right thing by targeting the younger population, so I'm 50/50 on who I will vote in.

bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

#37 Post by bmw boy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:26 pm

People are allowed to vote for who they want, and theres no need 2 question their motives even if its as silly as "I dont like howards eyebrows". it isnt really any1 elses business to criticise.

Having said that, i dont believe in wasting a vote on something as stupid as that.... but all of us who are of age are entitled to vote in the way we like and for what ever reason.

lol... whats wrong with Kevin 07? Even tho I will be voting for Rudd ... it would be funny if howard called the election in 08... i believe Januray 08 is the lastest the date can be (correct me if im wrong). But i think Oct/Nov will be the go.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#38 Post by crawf » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:48 pm

bmw boy wrote:People are allowed to vote for who they want, and theres no need 2 question their motives even if its as silly as "I dont like howards eyebrows". it isnt really any1 elses business to criticise.

Having said that, i dont believe in wasting a vote on something as stupid as that.... but all of us who are of age are entitled to vote in the way we like and for what ever reason.

lol... whats wrong with Kevin 07? Even tho I will be voting for Rudd ... it would be funny if howard called the election in 08... i believe Januray 08 is the lastest the date can be (correct me if im wrong). But i think Oct/Nov will be the go.
Its sound to much like James Bond 007 lol. Howard will probably do it to piss off Kevin Rudd :lol:

bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

#39 Post by bmw boy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:02 am

crawf wrote:
bmw boy wrote:People are allowed to vote for who they want, and theres no need 2 question their motives even if its as silly as "I dont like howards eyebrows". it isnt really any1 elses business to criticise.

Its sound to much like James Bond 007 lol. Howard will probably do it to piss off Kevin Rudd :lol:

lol it doesnt really... but anyway ...Rudd's style is sumwat smoothe like Bonds

and i doubt he'll do that, unless it suits him. He's in real trouble at the moment so the Libs will be trying to work out a date which will obviously best suit them for victory.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#40 Post by Cruise » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:49 am

AtD wrote:I know I'd rather save 10 minutes on a drive down south than have civil liberties.
Amen (and i relise your sarcasm)
Last edited by Cruise on Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#41 Post by Cruise » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:51 am

The names Rudd, Kevin Rudd and im shaken, not stirred

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[U/C] Discussion: South Road / North-South Corridor

#42 Post by Will » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Jim Boukas wrote:I think that the superway should not go ahead, I feel it's a waste of taxpayers money, have the advisors to the politicians that make these commitments not told them of the theory of induced demand?

If this goes ahead it will encourage people to use it and it will clog up and then what build another 4 lanes???

We should be spending money on public transport and getting people out of cars and into busses, trains, trams etc, I don't want this state to look like the other states in Australia full of congested freeways.
The superway is not designed for private commuters as such, but rather for the movement of trade.

baytram366
High Rise Poster!

[U/C] Re: South Road Upgrades | SWP: South Road Superway

#43 Post by baytram366 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:10 am

I'm all for it fixing the Grand Junction Road intersection -that can be quite fun at peak hour (joking of course) but the Grange Road to Torrens Road section needs more attention due to it being very thin and a lot more dangerous than other parts that the Superway will improve.
A think a simple quick fix for the time being (which I know the government loves) would be to get rid of the stupid NO RIGHT TURN rule at the Manton Street / South Road intersection between the hours of (I think) 7am - 9:30am weekdays. Not only does this intersection provide a right turn arrow at other times, its a safe intersection if used properly (although I have seen many accidents there during the moring peak due to careless drivers).
I have been caught out many times driving to work in the morning with this no right turn rule. If you can't turn right there, the next option is to drive up further to the Port Road / South Road intersection and wait for there to be no on-coming traffic and speed across the intersection to get onto Port Road - there is no right turn arrow there at all.
If you could turn right onto Manton Street during peak hours, I am sure this would take SOME of the stress of the skinny South Road section and make traffic flow better just by allowing people to use a green arrow in the mornings - SIMPLE.
Any questions?
Baytram 366's Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34520752@N07/collections

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#44 Post by rhino » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:09 pm

You can whinge all you want about the Superway being in the wrong place, but until you can table your own comprehensive study on what the future freight task will require the most, just get over it. As stated earlier in this thread, the Federal Govt threw a lot of dollars at a study into the future freight task. The result was that the section of road that was most important for the future freight task is the section between the Port River Expressway and Regency Park (the major freight terminal). The Federal Government threw something like half a billion dollars to the state to go towards this particular piece of infrastructure. It was not to be spent on another project, and it was a "Use it or lose it" offer. Do you think the state government should have ignored the money and carried on as you see fit because that's what suits you? (I'm not pointing the finger at any particular individual here). Just get over it, it will get fixed in due course.
cheers,
Rhino

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#45 Post by AtD » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:37 pm

This reminds me of the Adelaide Oval threads...