[COM] Goodwood Junction Rail Underpass | $110m

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
muzzamo
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: SWP: Goodwood Junction Rail Underpass | $110m

#196 Post by muzzamo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:24 pm

There is now a sign up on Anzac Highway saying "Keswick Station".

This government seems to be holding the design for this station very close to its chest.

Work seems to be underway but there are no concept drawings, web pages, announcements or otherwise.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#197 Post by crawf » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:40 pm

muzzamo wrote:There is now a sign up on Anzac Highway saying "Keswick Station".

This government seems to be holding the design for this station very close to its chest.

Work seems to be underway but there are no concept drawings, web pages, announcements or otherwise.
??

Keswick Station will be demolished and replaced by the new $8 million Wayville Station on the otherside of Greenhill Road. Unless it's now going to be called Keswick? or you're getting confused with Wayville?

Plans can be found here

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#198 Post by claybro » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:22 pm

Surely there is no need to keep Goodwood station once Keswick is moved south to become Wayville Station. There are already too many stations on Adelaide lines and many should be consolidated. Another that springs to mind is Woodville Park, which is crazy close to Woodville station. Also I think Woodlands and Edwardstown could be combined and moved closer to Castle Plaza. There are others on the Nothern line which should be closed or combined and moved, but this is getting off thread.

buildit83
Gold-Member ;)

#199 Post by buildit83 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:29 am

claybro wrote:Surely there is no need to keep Goodwood station once Keswick is moved south to become Wayville Station. There are already too many stations on Adelaide lines and many should be consolidated. Another that springs to mind is Woodville Park, which is crazy close to Woodville station. Also I think Woodlands and Edwardstown could be combined and moved closer to Castle Plaza. There are others on the Nothern line which should be closed or combined and moved, but this is getting off thread.
I think Goodwood station should be retained. what needs to be done however, is turn Goodwood into an interchange with the Glenelg tramline overpass. I can't understand how 3 train lines (Blair, Seaford, Tonsley) runs right under the tramline and not connect with each other.

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#200 Post by claybro » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:21 am

buildit83 wrote:I think Goodwood station should be retained. what needs to be done however, is turn Goodwood into an interchange with the Glenelg tramline overpass. I can't understand how 3 train lines (Blair, Seaford, Tonsley) runs right under the tramline and not connect with each other.
there is merrit to that, the only problem is, we then have trains with stations rediculously close together (Goodwood and Wayville), then also the tram which will have stations, (the interchange and Goodwood road stop) very close to each other further slowing an already slow system.. The problem is with the location of the junction. It is not close to where anyone wants to go. the trams have to keep the Goodwood Road stop, and the new train station at Wayville will mean very few will use the Goodwood station as it is in a poor location. I guess if they can proove that hundreds of poeple per day wish to transferr from train to tram at this point then it might be worth the cost in time and financially.

buildit83
Gold-Member ;)

#201 Post by buildit83 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:05 pm

yeah true there is a lot of stations that could be removed on the network, Greenfields on the Gawler line is one that comes to mind, its only about 600-700 metres away from Mawson Lakes. I think also comes down to smarter time tabling rather removing stations, by having hi and low frequency stations. My thinking with Goodwood Station connecting to the tramline is that if you need to get to the southern end of the CBD it would be quicker to transfer at Goodwood and get the tram the rest of the way into the city, rather than going all the way to ARS and back tracking south again.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#202 Post by Wayno » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:15 pm

I'm keeping an eye on this thread :sly: I have a sneaking suspicion it could soon deviate from topic.

Wayno
Senior Constable
Dept of Internet Post (IP) Patrols
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#203 Post by muzzamo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:31 am

I stand corrected. The sign says wayville station, I hadn't seen links to the renders.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#204 Post by Hooligan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Wayno wrote:I'm keeping an eye on this thread :sly: I have a sneaking suspicion it could soon deviate from topic.

Wayno
Senior Constable
Dept of Internet Post (IP) Patrols

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

Shahkar
High Rise Poster!

#205 Post by Shahkar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:49 am

Shahkar
High Rise Poster!

#206 Post by Shahkar » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Tonsley213
High Rise Poster!

#207 Post by Tonsley213 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:27 pm

Shouldn't this be U/C?

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#208 Post by Phantom » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 am

Is that... Uh... Meant to be underwater? Hahaha.
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#209 Post by AG » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:59 am

Phantom wrote:Is that... Uh... Meant to be underwater? Hahaha.
Nothing that a small pump can't handle!

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: U/C: Goodwood Junction Rail Underpass | $110m

#210 Post by neoballmon » Fri May 03, 2013 6:49 pm

Got a few photos on Sunday. Visibility of the site was shit from most vantage points, and this is the best I could get of the underpass itself.
ARTC line in the foreground, and the supports to the tunnel can be seen. Most of the tunnel appears to be dug out, and it looks like the walls might be close to going up.

Goodwood Station, has been taken apart a little (getting shortened? replaced? or just to improve construction vehicle access?)
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!