[COM] Adelaide Airport T1 Terminal | $260m

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Düsseldorfer
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: #Completed : Adelaide Airport

#406 Post by Düsseldorfer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:52 pm

Wayno wrote:
Howie wrote:This sounds huge!
http://www.independentweekly.com.au/new ... spx?page=0

Airport plan set for take-off

this is a massive vote of confidence in SA! An airport expansion is not a trivial matter, and would not be considered unless they truly believe in SA as a region of strong growth. Bring it on!!!

i think just building T1 was a sign that SA was growing and changing into a more modern city, and i like AAL's planning by keeping space for a future light rail connection and bringing that Vickars Vimy to the new terminal...

but wtf?
and is likely to banish private vehicles from the front of the terminal under a new security regime.

if private vehicles are such a huge concern for security, why is it, at larger more busier airports such as Frankfurt Am Main Airport, i can drive right up to the front door of the main terminal and park there for 10min without being told to move along by some tight ass in a fluro jacket :roll:

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#407 Post by AtD » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Düsseldorfer: The same debate is underway in Canberra. It seems the concerns of security miraculously align with concerns about car park revenue.

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#408 Post by frank1 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:10 pm

This sounds great. I wonder which part of the plan they will start next year...hotel, areobridges?

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#409 Post by Edgar » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:30 am

As long as Adelaide airport accepts more low-cost no-frill airlines to operate here, it is just going to get better.
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member

#410 Post by joshzxzx » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:04 am

Edgar wrote:As long as Adelaide airport accepts more low-cost no-frill airlines to operate here, it is just going to get better.
I completely agree, I just wish the gov would back a low cost carrier to be based entirely here (Unlink tiger where the main hub is Melbourne)...

This would assist with job creation, tourisum etc etc...
South Australia the Festival State

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#411 Post by Shuz » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:30 am

Who else is low-cost? Tiger & Jetstar are already in Melbourne.
AirAsia?

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#412 Post by frank1 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:01 pm

I think most airlines look at cities that provide the best financial benefits e.g lowest airport fees, biggest tax breaks, etc. Melbourne happens to have the lowest airport fees, hence it is very attractive for a hub. Adelaide is on the more expensive end of the scale, hence the state gov. has to pour alot of money into an airline to make it have a hub here. Low cost carriers are even more pedantic about getting the low cost fees.

Will Derwent
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#413 Post by Will Derwent » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:51 pm

frank1 wrote:I think most airlines look at cities that provide the best financial benefits e.g lowest airport fees, biggest tax breaks, etc. Melbourne happens to have the lowest airport fees, hence it is very attractive for a hub. Adelaide is on the more expensive end of the scale, hence the state gov. has to pour alot of money into an airline to make it have a hub here. Low cost carriers are even more pedantic about getting the low cost fees.
What kind of fees to Airlines face when they're setting up here? And how are they different in Adelaide compared to other states or cities?

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#414 Post by frank1 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:09 pm

Will Derwent wrote:
frank1 wrote:I think most airlines look at cities that provide the best financial benefits e.g lowest airport fees, biggest tax breaks, etc. Melbourne happens to have the lowest airport fees, hence it is very attractive for a hub. Adelaide is on the more expensive end of the scale, hence the state gov. has to pour alot of money into an airline to make it have a hub here. Low cost carriers are even more pedantic about getting the low cost fees.
What kind of fees to Airlines face when they're setting up here? And how are they different in Adelaide compared to other states or cities?
Landing fees, parking fees (airplane bays), aerobridge fees, equipment rental (if they don't have any at adelaide airport, etc

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#415 Post by jimmy_2486 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:07 am

Shuz wrote:Who else is low-cost? Tiger & Jetstar are already in Melbourne.
AirAsia?
Tiger are making Adelaide Intl their second hub you realise???

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#416 Post by skyliner » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Recently read an article in the AFR about the main Australian airports. Adelaide the only one left out. All were experiencing declines and cancellation/on hold of major developments in the order of $100's m. I could not work out what happened to Adelaide, but this article explains it - we have the ONLY airport expanding by anywhere near that extent in the next 5 years - a great vote of confidence in SA - certainly getting rid of that backblocks/rust bucket category people were putting us in.

NOTE for the FIRST time in memory, I heard fantastic reports on Adelaide coming from the general populace here - Eg 'Everybody's going there'. 'Something's going on', and, 'it's the future place to be'.

SA - STATE ON THE MOVE
Jack.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#417 Post by AtD » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:49 pm

I thought Perth Airport had some plans on the books?

skyliner

#418 Post by skyliner » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:09 pm

I was surprised at this. It was lumped in with the others so that expansion was nothing like the developments proposed adelaide.

ADELAIDE - CITY ON THE RISE
Jack.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#419 Post by Cruise » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:39 pm

Shuz wrote:Who else is low-cost? Tiger & Jetstar are already in Melbourne.
AirAsia?
Well it's starting to look like QANTAS has a low cost maintenence program.

Does that make it a low cost airline?

Xaragmata

#420 Post by Xaragmata » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:06 pm

A recent useful addition is a bus shelter for Jet Buses, with another at ground level on the access road almost opposite.