COM: Glenelg Tramline Upgrade

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
kymbosa
High Rise Poster!

Re: Glenelg Tram Line Upgrade

#1516 Post by kymbosa » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:21 pm

This sums up Adelaide, what a load of carp this city is. Anything new or going to be built and the city finds every way in which to blame it for all the problems. The trams aren't causing trouble in the city, if they were the roads would have been busy from the very start when the barriers went up. If it wasn't for a stupid chick on Friday night that thought she could run across the road before the tram left the platform, than this wouldn't have happened. The Myer centre car park has been like this for years, and i would know as i used to work at Myer and leave my car in the centre. It isn't any worst now that the tramline is built. The final point that i am going to make is that the trams have been full for at least 1 year and no one has raised it as a problem until now. But as the libs like to faulted everything that happens in this state, instead of coming up with a new idea or a way to improve this, the people on 5AA (or 5Anit-Adelaide) and the advertiser nothing is going to change until someone in this shit hole called Adelaide has the balls and stands up to this shit. :evil: gee i needed to gat that off my chest sorry guys!!

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#1517 Post by muzzamo » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:31 pm

duke wrote: Yeah, i heard how the trams banked up traffic from North Tce all the way to Port Adelaide. I think there was a car crash in Sydney which was caused by it also.
I heard it was Al Qaeda....

Tyler_Durden
High Rise Poster!

#1518 Post by Tyler_Durden » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:38 pm

It's funny how the trams are at fault, with no mention of the thousands of cars (with little more than one person on average occupying each vehicle) playing any part in the congestion.

This is my favourite part:
"If something had happened in there, like a fire or something, we would have had nowhere to go."
How about getting out your car and moving safely away from the fire on foot?

Her problem, quite frankly, is that she's stupid.

Mind you, the people at the Advertiser should know better. It truly is utter trash most of the time.

I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned that one of the trams ate her 5 year old.

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1519 Post by rogue » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:29 pm

Norman wrote:How about some positive fake stories, like "I got away from a rape thanks to the speedy Tram getting me out of Hackham"...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kymbosa wrote:This sums up Adelaide, what a load of carp this city is. Anything new or going to be built and the city finds every way in which to blame it for all the problems. The trams aren't causing trouble in the city, if they were the roads would have been busy from the very start when the barriers went up. If it wasn't for a stupid chick on Friday night that thought she could run across the road before the tram left the platform, than this wouldn't have happened. The Myer centre car park has been like this for years, and i would know as i used to work at Myer and leave my car in the centre. It isn't any worst now that the tramline is built. The final point that i am going to make is that the trams have been full for at least 1 year and no one has raised it as a problem until now. But as the libs like to faulted everything that happens in this state, instead of coming up with a new idea or a way to improve this, the people on 5AA (or 5Anit-Adelaide) and the advertiser nothing is going to change until someone in this shit hole called Adelaide has the balls and stands up to this shit. :evil: gee i needed to gat that off my chest sorry guys!!
So you dont like Adelaide then?

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1520 Post by UrbanSG » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:45 pm

The fire and car comment is a classic. Yeah in Adelaide people don't think to actually get out of a car, they are like magnets in this car dominated city. What happened here was a woman who got all worked up after having to wait for a while in her car. You can't tell me there isn't any sensationalism in her story. It wouldn't have even been an hour.

The news coverage tonight on the commercial channels was a disgrace as well. Channel 7 even did a live cross to North Tce 2nd or 3 rd story, the first thing the reporter said was 'well traffic is running fairly smoothly here at the moment' (or something like that). They were talking about it as though they were about to cross live to a major traffic jam, hahahahaha. Instead the traffic was flowing perfectly. Anyone watching from interstate/overseas would not be able to stop laughing if they saw that live cross.

The fact the tramline is getting payed out because it is such a success speaks volumes about the mindset of a lot of people in this state unfortunately. All of those opposed said it would never be a success, come on let's be honest here. Who are they trying to kid, oh that's right the stupid Liberal Party or any NIMBY's out there who actually believe this negative crap :wank: :wank: :wank:

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1521 Post by Norman » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:02 pm

There was a positive story about the trams on Ten News, but I was unable to record it. Seven News has hated the tram more than any other channel it seems :?

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1522 Post by skyliner » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:36 pm

Time to get over it guys! The proof of the tramline is in it's far greater patronage.. We have it now and it will keep going. Anyone out there with a bit of common sense knows that any new infrastructure is going to have 'teething problems' and that the opposition will capitalise on this. I understand the sarcasm. The resistance gets at me when the research accompanying the accusations is flimsy at best and only serving to enhance an agenda. Too many nimbys around.

To be fair also, most news is bad news as that's what sells papers etc. Firing up public response sells papers as well. It's in their interests financially to jump the most profitable way.

As for an answer to the overcrowding - more trams - bring 'em on. They deal with such flows in Melbourne at 3 times the population of Adelaide - why should it be impossible here? Changing times demand we keep up as ....

ADELAIDE IS A CITY ON THE MOVE
Jack.

Bulldozer
High Rise Poster!

#1523 Post by Bulldozer » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:24 pm

Stop the press! Breaking news: I pinched a loaf this morning five minutes later than I normally do. I got so worried that I wouldn't be able to go in case a fire broke out so I called the police and they hung up on me!

Seriously, as bad as it is I thought The Advertiser was a newspaper, not a teenage girl's blog. What absolute crap.

JamesXander
High Rise Poster!

#1524 Post by JamesXander » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:47 pm

Its terrible, people want this city to move forward but have a whinge about getting in a tiny traffic jam (which to be honest is tiny compared to any other major city in the world).

The trams are one of the best things Adelaide has received in years. It brings a little more life and hope for something even greater in the future.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1525 Post by jk1237 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:56 pm

skyliner, you're spot on. I think The Advertiser is having a lend of us all. Ive just read the Adelaide Now website. It reads ' readers vent fury over trams traffic congestion', yet most respondents are in favor of the tram. They are trying to beat up any slight negative of the trams because of the huge public interest/debate it causes. I guess you make more money when you create and sensationalise stories, rather than reporting the facts. The problem for The Advertiser is that they have grossly overestimated the number anti-tram people. its the same people constantly whinging. Did anyone else notice it was the same person, a B Wreford of Morphett Vale which had a anti-tram letter every single day. There was probably 500 letters for the trams, but they would search for the 1 against, and publish only that one. Its quite funny how the commerical media can influence th not so intelligent people of Adelaide.
Well Advertiser, the trams are here, so suck shit, its a huge success, but you can keep up your dibble, caus any publicity is good publicity, and it will prob make more people use it

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1526 Post by SRW » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:02 am

I hope to God (if I believed) that Fairfax launches a daily here one of these days...
Keep Adelaide Weird

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1527 Post by crawf » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:14 am

Like FFS the tram is here for good, get over it and move on. If you don't like the trams than fine, but FFS stop moaning about them or blaming them.

There are far from more important issues than this, its not Adelaides fault its the pathetic minority that hate anything that represents change to their beloved peaceful and quiet Adelaide :wank:

I know people including friends and family that loath the new tramline, though they don't go whinging and whining about it unlike some people :wank:

:2cents:

Will409
Legendary Member!

#1528 Post by Will409 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:34 am

Just had a brain wave. Looking at the Bakewell Underpass thread, how much traffic on North Terrace do you think has been caused by the underpass? When it is finished which is very soon, how much of the current traffic flow will be shifted elsewhere from North Terrace?
Image LINK TO YOUTUBE PROFILE.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1529 Post by AG » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:23 am

Will409 wrote:Just had a brain wave. Looking at the Bakewell Underpass thread, how much traffic on North Terrace do you think has been caused by the underpass? When it is finished which is very soon, how much of the current traffic flow will be shifted elsewhere from North Terrace?
The opening of the underpass should help with the redistribution of traffic around the CBD. Currie Street east of Light Square has almost always been nearly empty during peak hour everytime I have passed through there since the underpass began.

Froggy
Gold-Member ;)

#1530 Post by Froggy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:58 am

It's laughable for all of you in here to whinge about the people whinging about the tram because from what I've read, absolutley none of you deal with the tram on a daily basis to experience what everyone else has. The no right turns and the changes to light patterns and where you can and can't turn has turned our previously quick and easy city to navigate into a nightmare and the tram DOES back up traffic down north terrace every peak hour so that it hardly moves hence getting out of the car parks is impossible. Even the David Jones carpark that has lights gets about 1 or 2 cars out of it either way for an hour in peak because the traffic just doesn't move and it's backed up to the edge of the intersection. I won't stop whinging until they fill it in or fix the problems.