[CAN] 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#61 Post by Ben » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:25 am

CULWULLA wrote:hi guys, as i mentioned in ssc forums, beamer was a bit excited. The heights he mentioned are RLS,. i spoke with planner today and the top curved element is RL166.5m, while grd level= RL43.5m thus 123m above grd.
he said the elevations/renders will be ready in a few weeks online, but she may send me some stuff in meantime.sounds like a cool tower.lots of glass and T shape floor plates.
fyi, the RL for Santos hs LMR= RL175m, and roof = RL168m, so this one will be just 1.5m lower then santos hs main roof.
cheers
Sorry guys I did not think of this at all.

Eithier way it is great news for Adelaide and will alter the skyline and if this and Spire gets approval at 105m we will have 5 buildings at 100m+. the more buildings that break through the 115m limit the easier it will be for succesive buildings to get approved at this height i'm thinking, as the air space is already broken through.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#62 Post by UrbanSG » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:41 pm

Can't wait to see some decent renders of this one. Hopefully Connor Holmes gets some skyline impacts too like they did with Yorke Campus, hell that was only a ground scraper too. Maybe even a night shot render :D I doubt that, I keep trying to visualise this one at the moment.

urban
Legendary Member!

[CAN]

#63 Post by urban » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:16 pm

If this is for DTEI then it is a shame. The DTEI project would have maximum benefit for Adelaide if it was constructed in either the Central West or North West sections of the city. The momentum DTEI would add to renewal of these sections would be of great benefit. The completion of the tram loop back to Vic Sq would also be achieved sooner.

.::G!oRgOs::.
Gold-Member ;)

[CAN]

#64 Post by .::G!oRgOs::. » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:11 pm

crawf wrote:In someways I'm glad its around 123m and not 164m. While a building at that height would of been awesome, it would of looked weird opposite Santos and probley end our construction boom. - plus the site is not very wide
How would it have looked wierd? If anything it will look wierd now half covering the Santos from the North.

Also, why is everyone hoping this gets approved from now? We havnt even seen renders.

aussie2000
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#65 Post by aussie2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:14 pm

urban wrote:If this is for DTEI then it is a shame. The DTEI project would have maximum benefit for Adelaide if it was constructed in either the Central West or North West sections of the city. The momentum DTEI would add to renewal of these sections would be of great benefit. The completion of the tram loop back to Vic Sq would also be achieved sooner.
whats the DTEI project?

Pistol
Legendary Member!

[CAN]

#66 Post by Pistol » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:30 pm

^^ It's the Governments Department for Transport, Environment and Infrastructure.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#67 Post by AG » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:02 pm

Pistol78 wrote:^^ It's the Governments Department for Transport, Environment and Infrastructure.
Department for Transport, Energy and Infrastructure

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#68 Post by UrbanSG » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:15 pm

At least the 'T' shape of this building would match 'T'ransport SA :D It would be interesting to see how this building would go pre-commitment-wise without DTEI. I think it would still be popular. The views would be excellent. A lot of office projects proposed in Adelaide but so far no takers for a majority of them right now. Hopefully that changes.

You would think BHP could move into better accommodation compared to that ugly building on Grenfell. Especially considering they are about to exploit this state to the max! They are hiring like there is no tomorrow for positions related to the ODX (Olympic Dam Expansion project), lots of them are based in CBD, must be cramming them into that office.

Just had a look at a few other glassy office building around the 125m mark, seeing as we have no renders. A building of that height would look great in Adelaide, especially in that position. Even out Santos nicely. Have to wait for renders though I suppose until we get too excited about the possibilities. Could look terrible, but I doubt it.

aussie2000
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#69 Post by aussie2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:49 pm

AG wrote:
Pistol78 wrote:^^ It's the Governments Department for Transport, Environment and Infrastructure.
Department for Transport, Energy and Infrastructure
thanks

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#70 Post by UrbanSG » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:23 pm

Cul has reported on SSC that there will be 30,000 square metres of office space in this proposal. Interesting to note that DTEI's requirements are for 27,000 - 30,000 square metres of office space as reported in Tuesday's Advertiser. The developers are obviously aiming for that deal with it being west of King William Street too. I would be guessing DTEI wants big floor plates though which could be a problem.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

[CAN]

#71 Post by rev » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:03 pm

Was just watching the news on ten. They showed a shot of the skyline from across the river torrens, really put it into perspective what an impact this would have.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#72 Post by Howie » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:29 pm

Missed the report.. what did they say?

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

[CAN]

#73 Post by rev » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:38 pm

Oops, my bad should have been clearer.
There wasnt a report on it. It was the image at the end of the bulletin.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN]

#74 Post by crawf » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:27 pm

Went passed the site yesterday and it is pretty small hopefully the building gets fat at the northern end.

Though looking at the skyline from Light Square you can see that its going to make a huge impact. But just wished this 123m building was a bit more up on Currie Street as that area is pretty flat compared to Grenfell St. - though I'm not complaining, it be just great to have a 120m+ building in the city :D

sidler
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[CAN]

#75 Post by sidler » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:02 pm

My mate was trying to describe this one to me today. Apparantly it is in 2 sections one about 10ish stories and the other 31ish. From what he said it sounds like it has overhanging floorplates which make a curved appearance.

Also said there was some glass but still a fair amount of painted white concrete. The lifts are apparantly open glass as well.

Anyway we should see some renders soon!