Wasn't someone starting a new political party?

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1 Post by Waewick » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:49 am

Is recall someone on this board mentioning the creation of a new political party.....

whatever happened to that vision? or am I way off the mark.

Aidan

#2 Post by Aidan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:44 am

Waewick wrote:Is recall someone on this board mentioning the creation of a new political party.....

whatever happened to that vision? or am I way off the mark.
That was me. Its first aim would have been to try to force them to get Rudd back in the top job. Its second aim would've been to get them to consider policies that I think would be much better than what they're currently proposing.

Alas there wasn't enough support for it for me to bother taking it any further. It was also pointed out to me that if I held the balance of power, Julia would call my bluff knowing that I'd be unlikely to let the Libs form government with their current catastrophic policies. Actually what I'd do is follow Bob Katter's list strategy, but I somenow doubt the Libs would change their policies that much.

So I abandoned the idea. And since then Kevin's challenged for the top job anyway, and is quite likely to succeed if (probably when) he does again.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

Waewick

Re: Wasn't someone starting a new political party?

#3 Post by Waewick » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:09 pm

ahh

for some reason I thought it was State Based.

but bad luck with your vision...I guess :)

lenlac
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: Wasn't someone starting a new political party?

#4 Post by lenlac » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:15 pm

I think that there really are some people who are looking to start quite a huge movement and then consider how they are going to be a leader in their own way. But when you look at things plainly, there are not much of things that are available for them at their disposal so hopefully, there will be more and more things that are going to make themselves feel at ease with what is a standard in the market.