Where is it?

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Where is it?

#181 Post by Xaragmata » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:23 am

monotonehell wrote:When I went to uni there I read the plaque on the wall nearby. It's a time capsule IIRC.
Thanks mono - it's all one color, too!

Xaragmata

#182 Post by Xaragmata » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:27 am

Goya's Line wrote:'Songs of Australia vol.3, At Home'
Aleks Danko
Wish they could squeeze the Hindley St. substation in there... some sculpture students last year printed real estate signs advertising 'great security!' and 'ideal for first home buyer!'. I think the brick is a reference to the 3 little pigs and City West needing a large footprint.
Thanks Goya's Line - looks like a winner! I'll have a closer look at it when i get a chance.

http://w3.unisa.edu.au/samstagmuseum/ev ... tureMA.pdf

Aidan

#183 Post by Aidan » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:22 pm

Xaragmata wrote:
Goya's Line wrote:'Songs of Australia vol.3, At Home'
Aleks Danko
Wish they could squeeze the Hindley St. substation in there... some sculpture students last year printed real estate signs advertising 'great security!' and 'ideal for first home buyer!'. I think the brick is a reference to the 3 little pigs and City West needing a large footprint.
Thanks Goya's Line - looks like a winner! I'll have a closer look at it when i get a chance.

http://w3.unisa.edu.au/samstagmuseum/ev ... tureMA.pdf
I wonder what proportiion of students walking past it realise it's a sculpture not a substation?
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

Goya's Line
High Rise Poster!

#184 Post by Goya's Line » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:04 am

No worries Xaragmata - years of loitering put to good use.
Aidan wrote: I wonder what proportiion of students walking past it realise it's a sculpture not a substation?
The scale was a giveaway for me but it is 'enigmatic'. I wonder if the Hindley St. substation will (eventually) be moved once the learning centre's finished - 3 levels and counting.