Paid Celebreties To Adelaide

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Paid Celebreties To Adelaide

#1 Post by claybro » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Despite the recent fall from grace of Lance Armstrong, I believe the Rann Government was on to a winner by paying Lance to exclusively appear in TDU. and other appearances in SA only. With that in mind, and given the millions poured into those useless pandas so far, I wonder about ramping it up a notch and spending some cash creating some real hype in Adelaide. I am sure all celebreties can be bought at a price. Maybe an Adelaide only shopping expedition by the Kardashians to Rundle Mall to celebrate its re-launch, Opening of Adelaide oval with an Adelaide only concert by say Usher, JustinTimberlake Jay Z, Beyonce etc... Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan to the Adelaide Cup (creating some mini scandal). One off shows in Adelaide only by Chris Angel mind freak,a Los Vegas style Elvis convention with only the most famous Elvis impersonaters attending... the possibilities are endless, but would create a hype and get the interstate and international media wondering what it is about Adelaide that attracts these famous people.

dsriggs
Legendary Member!

Re: Paid Celebreties To Adelaide

#2 Post by dsriggs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by Will » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:48 pm

Although there is some merit to this idea, especially in our hollow world, where we judge how good a city is based on its nightlife and boutique shopping, however I can also forsee how this could backfire. I can see the haters saying "The only reason these celebrities came to Adelaide, is because they were paid....."

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4 Post by claybro » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:57 am

Melbourne and Sydney do this very well. The morning shows on TV give endless promotion to any minor celebreties flying in for a day or two, and yet the goings on in other capitals barely rate a mention. I think even the negative uproar from the "haters" would in itself create publicity. TDU never really got much attention interstate and next to none by international media until the arrival of Lance then BAM, it became such a sensation that the Vics have been trying to upstage it ever since., and so it could be for other events in Adelaide. Just a thought!

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#5 Post by monotonehell » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:31 pm

claybro wrote:...TDU never really got much attention interstate and next to none by international media until the arrival of Lance then BAM, it became such a sensation that the Vics have been trying to upstage it ever since., and so it could be for other events in Adelaide. Just a thought!
There lies the key, the correct celebrity, for the correct reasons, matched to the correct event. The list of no-hopers you suggested above, for no good reason would do little good.

The main reason those celebs go to Sydney/Melbourne/where ever is on promotion tours organised by whatever PR company for whatever product they are trying to promote. They go on all the national TV and radio morning shows (they are broadcast from Sydney/Melbourne that's why the are sent there) to peddle the product de jour to the unwashed masses.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.