[COM] Uno Apartments | 53m | 17lvls | Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Robbie
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM] Uno Apartments | 53m | 17lvls | Residential

#1 Post by Robbie » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:28 am

$40m development could house needy
By LOUISE TRECCASI
22apr06

A $40 MILLION development is earmarked for two major city sites owned by Adelaide City Council.

The council wants to seek developer interest for a single project at the carpark sites - 102 and 114 Waymouth St - which may incorporate residential and student housing, retail and commercial space.

The development proposal could include affordable housing for the vulnerable and low-income workers or a 190-apartment complex.

The council bought the sites in February for about $2.7 million.

Approval for a registration of interest process will be sought at a city strategy and policy committee meeting on Monday night.

A council report, to be tabled at the meeting, says the State Government has expressed interest in using one or both sites to provide affordable housing for the vulnerable and/or low-income workers.

Lord Mayor Michael Harbison said the latest acquisition would add to the "tremendous improvements already taking place on Waymouth St".

The report said favourable consideration would be given to proposals that designate a minimum of 15 per cent of all dwellings as affordable rental housing

If approved, the registration of interest process is expected to close in August.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#2 Post by UrbanSG » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:33 pm

I think this is the site opposite the proposed 105 Waymouth Street development. I have mentioned this carpark site before. I would say it is one of the, if not the most underdeveloped sites so close to prime office space in the Adelaide CBD. I will be interested to see exactly what gets proposed towards the end of this year. Sounds promising though and I'm glad the council has done something about this site. Waymouth Street has changed dramatically over the last few years and in the next couple it should look drastically different. Should become one of the most modern appearing streets in Adelaide after being so neglected over the last 2 decades.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#3 Post by Will » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:12 pm

I am actually not very happy about this development. 100 Waymouth Street or the Workcover building is in my opinion one of the most attractive buildings in the CBD, and I feel this development will block the building with a boring/ ugly concrete wall. As the proposed apartment is for homeless and poor people then I can only imagine what kind of soviet style cheap looking monolith will be erected on the site.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#4 Post by Pants » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:31 am

It's not for the homeless/poor people mate.

All it says is that the council will look favourably upon a affordable housing component of at least 15%.

From memory, the Balfours site proposal incorporates that or more and you wouldn't call that an unattractive development.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#5 Post by Ben » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:09 pm

Saw an add in todays SA Business section of the advertiser for expressions of interest.... must have been delayed, hopefully will hear more soon..... is this area 115m limit it's almost behind Santos but im guessing wouldn't be more then 16lv proposed as there is almost too many apartments coming onto the market.... unless it's mixed use :D

Scott
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM]

#6 Post by Scott » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:45 pm

From memory, the Balfours site proposal incorporates that or more and you wouldn't call that an unattractive development.

YOU THINK???

Reminds me of the failed world wide trend known as the 'Projects'

Scott
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM]

#7 Post by Scott » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:19 pm

Pants wrote:It's not for the homeless/poor people mate.

All it says is that the council will look favourably upon a affordable housing component of at least 15%.

[http://www.walkingmelbourne.com/forum/v ... .php?t=621][/code]

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#8 Post by Ben » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:13 am

Must be about time some news on these proposals were released as registrations closed in Agust....

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#9 Post by Snorkie » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:13 pm

beamer85 wrote:Must be about time some news on these proposals were released as registrations closed in Agust....
Yeah but we all know how that goes... when has anything released by ACC come out when it was supposed to? Dont hold your breath.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] #Proposed: Kings Apartments - 26 levels, Waymouth Street

#10 Post by Ho Really » Sat May 05, 2007 1:53 pm

Saw side elevations for a proposed 26 level twin tower apartment complex in Waymouth Street on sites adjacent Queens Theatre. I think the sites in question are the ones in this thread: $40M Development Proposal - 102 and 114 Waymouth St.

The towers will be 23 levels above ground with a further three levels below ground: two for carparking and a third for services. The towers will be on each side of Queens Theatre which will be covered by a glass canopy. There will be a pool, fitness centre and a roof garden. Height to the 22nd storey floor is 69.3 metres (buidling's overall height probably around the 73 metre mark). Name of developer, architect, etc., confidential.

Cheers

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#11 Post by Pants » Sat May 05, 2007 3:48 pm

Nice one mate.

Thanks for passing that on.

Mants
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#12 Post by Mants » Sat May 05, 2007 5:03 pm

thanks. sounds great.

are you able to post the elevations?

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#13 Post by crawf » Sat May 05, 2007 7:11 pm

73m - great height for that area.

Awesome news, thanks mate

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM]

#14 Post by Ho Really » Sat May 05, 2007 7:19 pm

Mants wrote:thanks. sounds great.

are you able to post the elevations?
Wish I could, but I would probably get into a lot of trouble. Since this hasn't been announced anywhere else (as far as I know) and, I'm not even sure if it has gone through ACC, let's hope it goes ahead and we get to hear about it soon. I can add that it is a typical residential building with balconies for each apartment. There were no construction plans or renderings of the buildings. I can't say too much more.

Cheers

Cruise
Banned
Banned

[COM]

#15 Post by Cruise » Sun May 06, 2007 6:06 pm

26??? would that put it in the 90 metre range?