[COM] Flinders Link | 54/42m | 15/9lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
JAKJ
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#211 Post by JAKJ » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:12 pm

Mants wrote:Santos moved in yesterday. so Santos House has been vacated more or less.
each floor in the building is themed to fit a certain location where Santos is working.

eg. Santos works out on a lot of offshore rigs, so there is a big aquarium on that level. another level is African and Moroccan themed, and so on.
Pity they couldn't spend that kind of money on the outside... cheap arse SOBs, they have a lot of money floating around at the moment and they can't even fork out for a visually impressive building... thats what makes it all the more frustrating, they have the money to splurge, and instead they build something that look rediculously cheap (I don't care how nice it is inside, thats not what most people will see!)

aussie2000
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#212 Post by aussie2000 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:17 pm

i think the building would look fantastic, it only the red bars that bring it down for me

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#213 Post by Will » Wed May 02, 2007 11:03 am

I read this editorial in the Advertiser today, and something told me it could explain the look and 'cheap' nature of the new Santos HQ. We have wondered how Santos could chose such a cheap and insignificant building as their new 'world headquarters'. After reading this article it may explain why. If the share-holder cap is lifted, it will only be a matter of time before Santos moves to Melbourne or Sydney. Hence, the building on Flinders Street is effectivley just a state head-office. Hopefully it's not true, but it could be possible.

Taking SA
to the world

THE reasons for capping shareholdings in oil and gas company Santos have mostly disappeared with time.
Introduced in 1979, the cap was correctly designed to head off corporate raider Alan Bond and ensure South Australia did not become beholden to the West Australian businessman for its gas supply.
Crucially, SA is no longer dependent on Santos as the sole supplier of gas.
The company also has just invested heavily in new corporate headquarters in Adelaide and is continuing to increase its Cooper Basin fields. The $100 million Flinders St office has been designed specifically for Santos's needs.
Santos itself is no minnow, having tried to take over Queensland Gas, albeit unsuccessfully. Santos's expansion plans look beyond Australia, especially to Indonesia and South-East Asia.
The shareholding cap does not stop Santos from moving out of Adelaide but it does increase its costs of expanding beyond SA by making it harder to raise capital.
Perhaps it's time to open up SA's biggest company to the world. We are, after all, touting ourselves as a global player in the minerals and energy sector.

.::G!oRgOs::.
Gold-Member ;)

[COM]

#214 Post by .::G!oRgOs::. » Fri May 18, 2007 3:59 pm

anyone see page 12 of the advertiser today?
A full page ad for santos with a massive image of thier new tower.
It looks sensational in the 'tiser.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#215 Post by Howie » Fri May 18, 2007 4:13 pm

Will wrote:I read this editorial in the Advertiser today, and something told me it could explain the look and 'cheap' nature of the new Santos HQ. We have wondered how Santos could chose such a cheap and insignificant building as their new 'world headquarters'. After reading this article it may explain why. If the share-holder cap is lifted, it will only be a matter of time before Santos moves to Melbourne or Sydney. Hence, the building on Flinders Street is effectivley just a state head-office. Hopefully it's not true, but it could be possible.
Makes sense. Would be a real shame if they move their headquarters interstate though :(

In terms of HQ's, sydney and melbourne already have so many, - disproportionately more than their population.

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM]

#216 Post by rhino » Fri May 18, 2007 4:36 pm

Mants wrote: its just terribly non photogenic me thinks. what do others think?
Unfortunately I think the whole of Flinders St is terribly unphotogenic. It has one of the plainest streetscapes of the whole CBD. A traffic island lined with trees and some decent footpaths would be a good start.
cheers,
Rhino

Pistol
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#217 Post by Pistol » Sat May 26, 2007 5:11 pm

Noticed a crane outside Santos today and was wondering what was going on. Looked like they were doing something to the top bulky section but couldn't get a good view. Anyone else know?

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#218 Post by Snorkie » Sat May 26, 2007 6:23 pm

Pistol78 wrote:Noticed a crane outside Santos today and was wondering what was going on. Looked like they were doing something to the top bulky section but couldn't get a good view. Anyone else know?
Yeah drove past at about 4. Looked as if they were painting that top section a very aqua blue... Dont know how its gonna turn out though.

Mants
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#219 Post by Mants » Sat May 26, 2007 8:03 pm

i remember hearing that the top section is going to be lit up blue at night, rather than having the Santos signage.

can anybody verify this?

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#220 Post by crawf » Sat May 26, 2007 9:35 pm

There was a awesome photo of Santos in the Independent Weekly this week (best photo I've seen of it)

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#221 Post by Ben » Mon May 28, 2007 10:29 am

The top has been covered in some sort of blue cladding. Not sure if it's finished yet.... i hope not. Would be good it it lit up or something though.

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re:

#222 Post by Al » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:21 pm

beamer85 wrote:The top has been covered in some sort of blue cladding. Not sure if it's finished yet.... i hope not. Would be good it it lit up or something though.

Yep. The blue cladding has been completed and it was lit up last night. It looks like a big blue cube on top of the building. Pics from my crappy camera phone.

shuza
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: # COMPLETE: Flinders Link - 9 & 15 lvl Off. (Resi withdr

#223 Post by shuza » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:03 pm

That actually looks kinda cool.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#224 Post by Norman » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:48 pm

Yeah, especially at night :)

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#225 Post by Ben » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:48 pm

They have done something to this over the weekend. I don't know what but it looks even worse. They seem to have partially covered up the blue cladding (which is a good thing as the different pieces were different shades of blue and I don't think that was intentional). What a cheap looking building... a shame really.