[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
AdelaideAlive
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2866 Post by AdelaideAlive » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:35 pm

claybro wrote:
RiseHigh wrote:I hate the afl but I can't wait until the ashes, and when the socceroos get a game there. :banana:
Hate the AFL if you will, but remember, without the AFL this development would not even be considered. As for the Socceroos, with the amount of money lavished on the World Cup bid, and that Adelaide United cannot even fill Hindmarsh, and that soccer in general expects all these world class stadiums to just "appear" for their use....well enough said.
lets not get into who's the better sport argument, cause you could go on forever debating it, but with due respect to say united, cant fill up Hindmarsh , well lets just say both port and crows cant even fill up aami either, and in fact if it wasn't for soccer at the Olympics many stadia around Australia wouldn't of been upgraded .i.e gabba and the federal gov is always throwing money at afl, do they really need it as they generate enough income, as for wasting money on a world cup bid, your very uneducated on the benefits of the world cup to Australia and its economy, your obviously engulfed in your afl bubble unfort .as goverments also spend money on wasted Olympic and commonwealth games bids.

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2867 Post by claybro » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:47 pm

AdelaideAlive wrote: your very uneducated on the benefits of the world cup to Australia and its economy, your obviously engulfed in your afl bubble unfort .as goverments also spend money on wasted Olympic and commonwealth games bids.
Just ask people in Sydney to demonstrate the economic benefits of the Olympic Games.(widely recognised as a giant feel good exercise, but with little economic benefit). As for the soccer World Cup bidding process... the soccer World Cup gravy train has been recently shown up as the total scam it is. As for federal money pumped into the AFL....the amount of commerce and therefore tax generated week in week out by the AFL puts any benefit of the Olympics or Soccer in Australia into shame. The soccer world cup bid had absolutely nothing to do with the Adelaide oval upgrade and the "A" legue could only dream of even Port Adelaide'a crowds.

Benski81
High Rise Poster!

#2868 Post by Benski81 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:45 am

claybro wrote:
AdelaideAlive wrote: your very uneducated on the benefits of the world cup to Australia and its economy, your obviously engulfed in your afl bubble unfort .as goverments also spend money on wasted Olympic and commonwealth games bids.
Just ask people in Sydney to demonstrate the economic benefits of the Olympic Games.(widely recognised as a giant feel good exercise, but with little economic benefit). As for the soccer World Cup bidding process... the soccer World Cup gravy train has been recently shown up as the total scam it is. As for federal money pumped into the AFL....the amount of commerce and therefore tax generated week in week out by the AFL puts any benefit of the Olympics or Soccer in Australia into shame. The soccer world cup bid had absolutely nothing to do with the Adelaide oval upgrade and the "A" legue could only dream of even Port Adelaide'a crowds.
I don't know if your last comment is fair actually, Western Sydney attract larger crowds and they're definitely doing better than their AFL counterparts. Also I was looking on google and I think Melbourne Victory out performs Port Power also on the ye olde attendance'o'meter. I haven't bothered to check the others yet.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#2869 Post by rev » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:48 am

Benski81 wrote:
claybro wrote:
I don't know if your last comment is fair actually, Western Sydney attract larger crowds and they're definitely doing better than their AFL counterparts. Also I was looking on google and I think Melbourne Victory out performs Port Power also on the ye olde attendance'o'meter. I haven't bothered to check the others yet.
Really, you looked on Google and came to that conclusion? You mustn't have looked very hard..

2012/13 - Port 30,653 attendance average Victory 23,089 attendance average
2011/12 - Port 19,911 Victory 19,208
2010/11 - Port 23,066 Victory 15,058
2009/10 - Port 24,256 Victory 20,750

2006 - Port attendance 28,546, Victory attendce 27,728. Victorys most successful year, attendance wise. And that year Melbourne won the A League, Port didn't even make the finals.

Please...tell us more how Melbourne Victory gets bigger crowds.

But let's stick to SA..Adelaide United's biggest average crowd...12,697. This past season? 9,592.
Victory or the Wanderers aren't competing with Port or the Crows for our money, Adelaide United is.
And Adelaide United sucks bigger then a Thai lady boy during the a full moon party full of falangs.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2870 Post by SRW » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:56 am

Really guys, it's not hard. This thread is about the Oval development. I'm sick of reading through your trash talk in the hope of finding something relevant. There's a Pub section for you to go wave your dicks about, so go to it.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Port Adelaide Fan
High Rise Poster!

#2871 Post by Port Adelaide Fan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:03 am

SRW wrote:Really guys, it's not hard. This thread is about the Oval development. I'm sick of reading through your trash talk in the hope of finding something relevant. There's a Pub section for you to go wave your dicks about, so go to it.
:applause: :applause:

Matt
Legendary Member!

#2872 Post by Matt » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:35 pm

SRW wrote:Really guys, it's not hard. This thread is about the Oval development. I'm sick of reading through your trash talk in the hope of finding something relevant. There's a Pub section for you to go wave your dicks about, so go to it.
This.

Benski81
High Rise Poster!

#2873 Post by Benski81 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:16 pm

rev wrote:
Benski81 wrote:
Really, you looked on Google and came to that conclusion? You mustn't have looked very hard..

2012/13 - Port 30,653 attendance average Victory 23,089 attendance average
2011/12 - Port 19,911 Victory 19,208
2010/11 - Port 23,066 Victory 15,058
2009/10 - Port 24,256 Victory 20,750

2006 - Port attendance 28,546, Victory attendce 27,728. Victorys most successful year, attendance wise. And that year Melbourne won the A League, Port didn't even make the finals.

Please...tell us more how Melbourne Victory gets bigger crowds.

But let's stick to SA..Adelaide United's biggest average crowd...12,697. This past season? 9,592.
Victory or the Wanderers aren't competing with Port or the Crows for our money, Adelaide United is.
And Adelaide United sucks bigger then a Thai lady boy during the a full moon party full of falangs.
Sorry mods. Rev took this to the Pub for some good old leather glove face slapping. lol.

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2874 Post by Paulns » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:53 am

Has anyone got any new photos from inside the ground? It looks like their making good progress from the outside..
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

Tyler_Durden
High Rise Poster!

#2875 Post by Tyler_Durden » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:30 am

Benski81 wrote:I don't know if your last comment is fair actually, Western Sydney attract larger crowds and they're definitely doing better than their AFL counterparts.
Wanderers' first season crowd average was 12.5k (on par with the A-League average), Giants' first year average just under 11k. But the former played in a Grand Final and the latter copped floggings all year and finished stone motherless last.

Considering how much hype there has been of Wanderers' crowds and ridicule towards the Giants' I am quite surprised by the actual figures.

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#2876 Post by Phantom » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:56 am

Have the SANFL/SACA/Adelaide Oval bodies entered an agreement with the FFA or FFSA for occasional use of the oval, if they chose? Kinda like how AO held the Socceroos-Kiwi friendly 3 years back, are things like this likely to happen again and if so, more often now?

What if the heads at Adelaide United actually fucking decided to sign a marquee player for once, or better yet, organise a pre-season friendly with a team like LA Galaxy or Celtic and such? Would that type of game that could and (hopefully) would sellout Hindmarsh have the possibly to being occasionally moved to AO, if it doesn't clash with scheduling?

I drove past the Oval tonight with a mate of mine, an avid AFL and cricket supporter and he said "It's pretty shit what they've done. They've ruined the most picturesque cricket oval in the world and replaced with a bowl. They replaced all the classic stands to make way for more seating and decided to leave the hill in the new idea. They should've just done nothing or ripped the fucker down and replaced it with something completely new".

To be perfectly honest, I tried to give him a good point about it, but to be honest, he's quite right...

Also, on a final note for those of you who are Socceroos fans on here, have you noticed that currently when driving north on King William towards the cathedral, if you look to your left at the stand nearest the Torrens River, it looks a shitload like the Estadio Centenario... 10 points to whoever gets that reference without having to use Google...
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#2878 Post by mattblack » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Phantom wrote:
I drove past the Oval tonight with a mate of mine, an avid AFL and cricket supporter and he said "It's pretty shit what they've done. They've ruined the most picturesque cricket oval in the world and replaced with a bowl. They replaced all the classic stands to make way for more seating and decided to leave the hill in the new idea.
Love this Adelaide attitude of 'nothing ever happens here' then in the same breath you hear 'they should of left AO as it was'. Bloody ridiculous. Im guessing your mate never went to the old members stand, it had 1930's facilities, was crumbling down and had no catering facilities except for 1 crappy little kiosk out the back, it was awful - but hang on, it's picturesque - lets do nothing!. The Bradman stand had very, very limited corporate and seating capacity and poor access issues. Lets not fix it - its picturesque! The eastern stands (Chapell) were inadequate from the start and a temporary stand joining the 2 which didn't come down for years and years. Don't touch them, they look nice!

Who honestly goes to a cricket match, not because of the cricket but because the ground is picturesque and you can see the Adelaide hills from there (an argument that I heard many times from various members)?

The ground is evolving and yet keeping some of its best elements. Unique, grand, still picturesque, fantastic facilities and a 5 minute walk to the city, a feature that only a very, very small percentage of cities in the world have.

Shahkar
High Rise Poster!

#2879 Post by Shahkar » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:13 pm

People complain their asses off but when it comes to using the development itself, then it's all okay and you hear no praise.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#2880 Post by Matt » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:59 pm

The Bradman Stand was a shitpile.

I don't know whether people are loathe to admit it because it bore the great man's name, but it was horrible.
Rubbish views, dated facilities and too far from the action.