[COM] SAHMRI | $200m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: U/C: SAHMRI | $200m

#451 Post by Xaragmata » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:39 am

Pics from two weeks ago:

Matt
Legendary Member!

#452 Post by Matt » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:22 am

WOW.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#453 Post by ml69 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:28 am

That glazing and paneling looks absolutely amazing the way it catches the sunlight at different angles. This building is gonna be stunner .... I can see lots of awards coming up for it.

Vee
Legendary Member!

#454 Post by Vee » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:51 am

ml69 wrote:That glazing and paneling looks absolutely amazing the way it catches the sunlight at different angles. This building is gonna be stunner .... I can see lots of awards coming up for it.
Agree.
I have to admit to a few detours in the past month just to go past and check the stunning exterior of this building as it is slowly revealed. I can't wait until it is completed to check out the finished masterpiece.

This building not only looks amazing, it has a prominent position on North Terrace which maximizes the impact. And, most importantly, its function is ultra important in contributing to this emerging world class bio-medical/ health/ research/ education precinct.

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#455 Post by Phantom » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Vee wrote:I have to admit to a few detours in the past month just to go past and check the stunning exterior of this building as it is slowly revealed. I can't wait until it is completed to check out the finished masterpiece.
I'm glad it's not just me who detours through North Tce to get a glimpse as to how this is all looking. :D
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

ghs

#456 Post by ghs » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:11 pm

ml69 wrote:That glazing and paneling looks absolutely amazing the way it catches the sunlight at different angles. This building is gonna be stunner .... I can see lots of awards coming up for it.
I agree, I drove past on the weekend and was really impressed by the glass panels. This could be the best looking building in Adelaide when finished !

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#457 Post by Dvious » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:31 pm

This will be one of the most iconic buildings in Australia, and easily the most iconic in South Australia alone.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#458 Post by SRW » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:13 pm

This is turning out better than I imagined. The finished build will be something to behold and, yes, perhaps even iconic. I can imagine if the research conducted within is fruitful, this building will be known around the world.

Also, I note that two of Adelaide's most architecturally interesting buildings (this and the Law Courts) resulted from Commonwealth funding. I wish local developers were a bit bolder.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Nathan

#459 Post by Nathan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:49 pm

SRW wrote:Also, I note that two of Adelaide's most architecturally interesting buildings (this and the Law Courts) resulted from Commonwealth funding. I wish local developers were a bit bolder.
It seems the only sectors that are willing to commission interesting architecture are government and education. The commercial and residential sectors have been pre-occupied with their blue or green glass boxes (with the occasional pod). Hopefully as North Tce West becomes more established, more sectors will follow the example set.

Reb-L
High Rise Poster!

#460 Post by Reb-L » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Not too sure where to dump this post (maybe it should be a separate thread?) - there seems to be quite a lot that is about to happen along this part of North Terrace now. With all this expected activity in this area foot traffic across the the street will probably increase markedly. I can foresee a few 'interesting' pedestrian 50 meter sprints to dodge accelerating traffic and a few trams instead of walking to and waiting for the little green man (I think there are only about 2 of these crossings between West Tce and the Morphett St Bridge). Perhaps it's time to put up a median fence and revisit the scrapped underpass plans (originally intended for the Newmarket corner)?

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#461 Post by SRW » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Reb-L wrote:Not too sure where to dump this post (maybe it should be a separate thread?) - there seems to be quite a lot that is about to happen along this part of North Terrace now. With all this expected activity in this area foot traffic across the the street will probably increase markedly. I can foresee a few 'interesting' pedestrian 50 meter sprints to dodge accelerating traffic and a few trams instead of walking to and waiting for the little green man (I think there are only about 2 of these crossings between West Tce and the Morphett St Bridge). Perhaps it's time to put up a median fence and revisit the scrapped underpass plans (originally intended for the Newmarket corner)?
Please no median fences, but it's probably only a matter of time before plans for an underpass are resurrected or perhaps even for a creatively-designed pedestrian overpass emanating from one the UniSA side streets.
Keep Adelaide Weird

rhino

#462 Post by rhino » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:25 am

SRW wrote:Please no median fences
/\ This. /\
cheers,
Rhino

aeon
Gold-Member ;)