Interactive Map of Adelaide CBD Development

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Interactive Map of Adelaide CBD Development

#1 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:18 pm

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... nA71lAkuf0

Howdy all,

Click the link above for an interactive map of the projects happening within the Adelaide CBD, with all current buildings under construction approvals and approvals, with links back to the website of the actual project itself.

Here's a guide to the colour scheme:

Light Blue: Proposals
Dark Blue: Approvals
Green: Under Construction
Pink: News and Discussion
Orange: On Hold
Red: Cancelled
Purple: Vision
Black: Completed
Stars: Cranes

I'll try and keep it updated as new projects / information comes about.

Please feel free to correct me if there are any errors, projects missing, etc.
Last edited by [Shuz] on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Interactive Map of Adelaide CBD Development

#2 Post by monotonehell » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Shuz can you make the map publicly viewable? It wants me to register and ask permission to see it.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

[Shuz]

#3 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Try the link now. It should work & be publicly viewable.

Google Maps / Settings isn't very user-friendly. :/ Would explain why the Google+ alternative to Facebook never took off.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by monotonehell » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Nicely - it's visible now.

I don't think anyone will object to sticking this topic.

[Shuz]

#5 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:26 am

Latest Update: 9 April 2014

- New colour: Purple - for 'visions', but really are proposals which are likely to eventuate in the long-term. These are basically the transport proposals; new tram lines.
- Readjusted the pink colour for news and discussion 'hotspots' so that it's more pink, and less purple, and also to avoid confusion with the above new purple colour for visions.
- Added in more laneways surrounding Rundle Mall and have colour coded them accordingly according to their status of 'laneway revitalisation' - whether completed, proposed, or U/C.

Please don't hesitate to provide feedback & ask any questions.

SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

#6 Post by SouthAussie94 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:05 pm

It would be great if you could extend it out into the suburbs to include other projects (South Road, Seaford line, Tonsley Park come to mind).

Also, I'm not sure if this is possible, but making it so layers could be turned off by the user so only certain layers are visible (e.g. Hiding all proposed developments so that only those currently U/C are visible, etc.). That would make it a lot easier to view and digest.

Awesome work though!
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

[Shuz]

#7 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:23 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:It would be great if you could extend it out into the suburbs to include other projects (South Road, Seaford line, Tonsley Park come to mind).

Also, I'm not sure if this is possible, but making it so layers could be turned off by the user so only certain layers are visible (e.g. Hiding all proposed developments so that only those currently U/C are visible, etc.). That would make it a lot easier to view and digest.

Awesome work though!
At this moment, it's an an awful lot of work to get through the projects and developments happening in the suburbs and I just want to focus on the Adelaide CBD for now. Maybe in future.

I did also consider separating projects by layers, but the silly thing with Google Maps is that it doesn't let you transfer items between layers! Which seems like a very relatively simple feature to introduce, but, alas it is not the case at the moment. If they do introduce it in future, then, I will sort by layers. It's a bit messy looking I know, but the intent really is just to view the map, click on the pop up bubble to get a summary of the projects and then have a look in the thread by clicking the hyper link if you're interested in more detail. I have sent feedback to Google recommending that you should be able to transfer items between layers.

Also, updated again today with a swag of older cancelled / completed projects - basically every thread / project in the CBD Development sub-forum is now included on the map. Also made a few refinements here and there.

Keep the feedback coming. Always happy to improve. :D

Also - of interesting note, contrary to the media and the State Government's hype of the West End of the CBD - it is actually a hotspot for projects failing to get off the ground. There have been about twice as many cancellations / on holds / etc. than there have been projects completed or under construction. (I count 22 vs 10) Compared to the East End has a pretty even strike rate - 50:50 chance.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#8 Post by monotonehell » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Good job Shuz. It's a lot of messing around to do what you are doing.

SuperEgz
Gold-Member ;)

#9 Post by SuperEgz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:21 pm

Great job! Really gives an awedome overview of whats happening in the city and where. It helps me see the big picture.

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#10 Post by Phantom » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:15 am

Awesome map, mate! It looks awesome! Just wondering if you were interested in placing down a square for the SAHMRI 2 building area and redirecting that to the original SAHMRI thread?
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

ChillyPhilly

#11 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu May 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Insane. Well done!
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#12 Post by Howie » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:58 pm

Fantastic work Shuz!

[Shuz]

#13 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Updated. Status of some developments changed and new layer added for PANS-OPS flight path information.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#14 Post by Howie » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:29 am

Nice one mate

[Shuz]

#15 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:35 pm

The database is back!

Let me know if there are any errors. :-)
Attachments
2014.xlsx
2014 Construction Database
(16.85 KiB) Downloaded 636 times