News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
PeFe
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

#1486 Post by PeFe » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:37 pm

More details on the new solar panels to be built on the short term car park roof.
Adelaide Airport to add more than 1MW solar PV

Adelaide Airport has announced it is installing a 1.17MW solar PV system on the roof of its short-term car park, bringing its total installed solar capacity to 1.28MW and cutting its energy consumption by close to 10 per cent.

The system, to be installed by Solgen Energy, will be the largest on any Australian airport – a 1MW PV array was unveiled at Karratha airport in Western Australian in August – and will generate enough electricity to power the equivalent of more than 300 homes.

Solgen will start installing the 4,500 new PV panels in December of this year, with the project expected to be completed by April 2016. Adelaide Airport first installed solar panels on the roof of its domestic and international terminal in 2007.

http://onestepoffthegrid.com.au/adelaid ... -solar-pv/

Ho Really

#1487 Post by Ho Really » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Adelaide Airport is building up a knowledgeable and capable team, that I (we) hope will attract more business our way especially from China and the USA.
Adelaide Airport expands aviation business development team

Adelaide Airport today announced it has expanded its aviation business development team in a push to further develop international opportunities and attract new airlines to South Australia. The move is part of a wider restructure of the airport’s executive management team.

Managing Director, Mark Young, said Adelaide Airport has appointed Jonathan Cheong to a new role as Head of Aviation Business Development, reporting to Brenton Cox the Executive General Manager Corporate Affairs.

“Jonathan will play a very important role as we increasingly look to build on our recent successes in attracting new international services to Adelaide,” Mr Young said.

“We have our eyes set firmly on new markets such as China and the US, and Jonathan’s experience and knowledge will be material in helping us to attract new aviation business.”

Jonathan was mostly recently working in an aviation business development role for Sydney Airport. He has also worked with Sichuan Airlines and Virgin Atlantic as well as aviation consultancy Aspirion. Jonathan speaks fluent Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia and Hokkien in addition to English.

Mr Young said current Executive General Manager Business Development, Mal Andrews, would be taking on a new Head of Aviation Support role and, prior to his retirement in September 2016 after 43 years in the aviation industry, Mal will be advising on specific aviation matters and terminal expansion.

“Mal has been instrumental in attracting major airlines such as Emirates and Qatar Airways to Adelaide, and has grown the incumbent domestic and international market to the point we were Australia’s fastest growing capital airport for the past 4 years. He leaves a great legacy.”

Adelaide Airport today also announced the appointments of Craig Shute as the new Executive General Manager Property, and Emma Boulby as the new Executive General manager Airport Operations.

Mr Shute, a highly respected property professional, is returning to Adelaide from Hong Kong to take up his new position. He has been Senior Managing Director for Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan for global real estate services business CBRE. He will take up the new role in February 2016.

Mr Young said Craig’s appointment comes at an exciting time for the company, which last year announced its 30-Year Vision for growth including the creation of a new Airport Business District.

Adelaide Airport
Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

ghs

#1488 Post by ghs » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:01 pm

I am just wondering if one of the airport experts on here can tell me when the peak times are at Adelaide airport ?

ie. At what times during the week are there the most flights coming / going ?

Ho Really

#1489 Post by Ho Really » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:54 pm

ghs wrote:I am just wondering if one of the airport experts on here can tell me when the peak times are at Adelaide airport ?

ie. At what times during the week are there the most flights coming / going ?
If you are talking about international flights only, it's Friday and Sundays. From 5 Dec include Saturdays too. This is when SQ will re-introduce their second (three-time a week) flight to Singapore (scheduled 3 Dec to 30 Jan 2016). As for domestic, one of the other regulars should know.

Cheers

Pistol
Legendary Member!

#1490 Post by Pistol » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:51 am

Have Air NZ upgraded to heavier equipment flying Adl - Ack?
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

fifty
High Rise Poster!

#1491 Post by fifty » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:15 am

Just heard Qatar advertising their ADL flights on radio. I only heard a part of it referring to a380s. Surely this is for DOH connecting flights, not those to/from ADL?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stefan P
High Rise Poster!

#1492 Post by Stefan P » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:31 am

Pistol wrote:Have Air NZ upgraded to heavier equipment flying Adl - Ack?
Air New Zeland upgraded 2 flights from A320's to B767's due to the Cricket match at Adelaide Oval. The 2 flights were Friday 27/11 and today 29/11.
Stefan

Stefan P
High Rise Poster!

#1493 Post by Stefan P » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:54 pm

fifty wrote:Just heard Qatar advertising their ADL flights on radio. I only heard a part of it referring to a380s. Surely this is for DOH connecting flights, not those to/from ADL?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
The A380 is a connecting flight in Doha. They use them to London. They are doing the right thing promoting the A350 (ADL-DOH) and A380 (DOH-LHR) getting Qatar's best products all the way from ADL.
Stefan

Ho Really

#1494 Post by Ho Really » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Anyone know why this morning's CX174 flight to Hong Kong flew an erratic flightpath? Normally flights on the northeast flightpath tend to align with Main North East Road before banking to port (left) somewhere past Oakden. This flight came towards Norwood and was just north of Magill Road, closer to an alignment with Payneham Road. Have a look at the FlightAware radar here attached. Perhaps the pilot was about to head for Melbourne!

Cheers
Attachments
CX174.png
CX174.png (279.63 KiB) Viewed 6864 times

electrictechron
Gold-Member ;)

#1495 Post by electrictechron » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:11 pm

Ho Really wrote:Anyone know why this morning's CX174 flight to Hong Kong flew an erratic flightpath? Normally flights on the northeast flightpath tend to align with Main North East Road before banking to port (left) somewhere past Oakden. This flight came towards Norwood and was just north of Magill Road, closer to an alignment with Payneham Road. Have a look at the FlightAware radar here attached. Perhaps the pilot was about to head for Melbourne!

Cheers
My guess is that it was staying clear of the path of the smaller aircraft departing in the same direction, however the Cathay flight left around 15 minutes before the other aircraft.
Another reason could be that ATC wanted to the stay to the right of the Pinery fire grounds in case there was still some smoke around the area.
When I checked on FlightAware I saw that in the last few days it had taken off from R23 heading in a south easterly direction and then taking a sharp turn to the north.
The JetExpress must be saved!

Ho Really

#1496 Post by Ho Really » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:47 pm

electrictechron wrote:My guess is that it was staying clear of the path of the smaller aircraft departing in the same direction, however the Cathay flight left around 15 minutes before the other aircraft.
Another reason could be that ATC wanted to the stay to the right of the Pinery fire grounds in case there was still some smoke around the area.
When I checked on FlightAware I saw that in the last few days it had taken off from R23 heading in a south easterly direction and then taking a sharp turn to the north.
Not sure it would've been smoke that morning. It was reasonably clear. I did notice some dust in the air though.
I think you meant heading south west If taking off on R23. Unless of course you meant taking off from R05 heading northeast, then (right turn) south east and sharp (left turn) north.

Cheers

Vee
Legendary Member!

#1497 Post by Vee » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:55 am

Jetstar adds two new routes from 2016.
Avalon - Adelaide and
Avalon - Hobart
Two new destinations will be added to the departures board at Avalon Airport as Jetstar continues to expand its operations out of the local airport.

The airline has announced it will commence Avalon-Hobart and Avalon-Adelaide services from March. Return services will operate to the Apple Isle four times a week, while there will be three weekly services to the City of Churches. Jetstar chief David Hall says the destinations were chosen based on demand
Source: http://www.bayfm.com.au/news/local-news ... t-adelaide
Local News
© 93.9 Bay FM Geelong

Amazing sunset photo from AO gets another run - looking good in the Geelong Advertiser.

http://twitter.com/Comm4Geelong/status/ ... 25/photo/1
via @Comm4Geelong

Mountaineer
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1498 Post by Mountaineer » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:45 pm

Frustrating that you can't book a trip to Tasmania with Jetstar from ADL, even through Tullamarine or Avalon.

Very infuriating having to purchase each leg separately.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1499 Post by monotonehell » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:56 pm

Mountaineer wrote:Frustrating that you can't book a trip to Tasmania with Jetstar from ADL, even through Tullamarine or Avalon.

Very infuriating having to purchase each leg separately.
This is true of a lot of internal flights. If you went to their website, you'd come away with the impression that they don't fly to those places.

Try to get from Adelaide to Newcastle for example. They have a good airport with many flights, but you wouldn't know it coming from Adelaide.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Simmos083
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1500 Post by Simmos083 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:46 pm

Any word on possible new airlines coming our way in 2016? Obviously Qatar has been announced. Also what's their bookings been like since launching?