[COM] Lot 8 | 43m | 13lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: *APPROVED: Coglin Place - 40m ~ 12 levels

#46 Post by Will » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:31 pm

Snorkie wrote:
Will wrote:
Snorkie wrote:I drove past this one this morning on my way to work. It appears as if work has started on it already. Saw some heavy machinery on the site, I couldnt get a proper look but caught a glimpse and it looked as if they were doing something as there were work men on the site. Probably just land prep, but already u/c?

Work has actually begun on the 8 level Minster Ellison building on Gouger Street, whcih is next to the Coglin Place site. As of yet, work has not begun on this project.
Well f**k me sideways and upside down if this one isnt u/c. Drove past on the way home from work and the site has been fenced off, the sign that was there is gone, machinery on the site, and they have started digging trenches, or something, not sure, but something is happening with that land. And yes Will im talking about the coglin st site, and not the ME site. :wink: Check it out for yourself if you dont believe me.
This isn't a case of me not believing you. It is based purely on how things are done. In the 1980's many projects began construction without any tenant pre-commitments and the developers lost a lot of money.

As far as I am aware, none of the apartments have been sold, but also the office space has not been pre-commited. I don't know about the retail tenancy on the ground floor.

I actually did go for a drive, to Coglin Street, and what you have reported is correct. It does indeed appear that construction has begun. Hopefully this shows that the developer is very confident about Adelaide, that they do not need any pre-commitment to start construction. Or maybe a tenant pre-commitment has been done behind closed doors?

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: *U/C: Coglin Place - 40m ~ 12 levels

#47 Post by AG » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:19 pm

Some developers around the place are still quite daring, although in general they tend to be more cautious than they were during the 1980s boom. There's at least one office building in the Docklands of Melbourne that is about to (or has) started construction without any precommitments to a single square metre of office space. Certainly still happens, but very rarely.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#48 Post by Ben » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:10 pm

As part of a workplace looking to move in a few months because we share this floor with another firm who are overflowing and need the whole floor it is near impossible to find any A or Premium office space in the CBD right now. This is another reason which blew me away as to why the council would reject Aurora as they were going to start construction in October. I would assume if this building has not already got pre-commitment it won't be far off. Unfortunately it will be complete too late for us.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#49 Post by Will » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:01 pm

beamer85 wrote:As part of a workplace looking to move in a few months because we share this floor with another firm who are overflowing and need the whole floor it is near impossible to find any A or Premium office space in the CBD right now. This is another reason which blew me away as to why the council would reject Aurora as they were going to start construction in October. I would assume if this building has not already got pre-commitment it won't be far off. Unfortunately it will be complete too late for us.
How much space is your workplace looking for?

Projects such as 400KWS or Edge do not have a tenant as of yet.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#50 Post by Ben » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:29 pm

We need about 300sqm but we need to move in January at the latest. I made enquires to CC2 but he said it won't be available til March so i don't know if that means it's running behind schedule as I originally thought it was January.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#51 Post by Will » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:37 pm

I went for a closer look today.

A sign has been erected announcing that this is another project by Kyren. This confirms that this project is definately under construction and not to be confused with the neighbouring Minster Ellison building which is being developed by the Kambitsis group.

Today, it appeared that the carpark that was previously on site has been fully ripped up, and workers were stabilising the heritage building next door for construction.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#52 Post by AtD » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:05 pm

So which one is this? The one on the bottom left? From the MIlls Car park:

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#53 Post by Brando » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:02 pm

Adam, it is the Thompson Playford/Minter Ellison Buliding. been vacant since i worked in Compton St nearby over 15 years ago..

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#54 Post by AG » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:16 pm

Brando wrote:Adam, it is the Thompson Playford/Minter Ellison Buliding. been vacant since i worked in Compton St nearby over 15 years ago..
AtD was referring to the site bottom-left, not top. There are two different building sites in the image. AtD is correct is saying the 12 floor Coglin St building is bottom left. The Thompson Playford Building is the top site.

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#55 Post by Brando » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:48 pm

AG wrote:
Brando wrote:Adam, it is the Thompson Playford/Minter Ellison Buliding. been vacant since i worked in Compton St nearby over 15 years ago..
AtD was referring to the site bottom-left, not top. There are two different building sites in the image. AtD is correct is saying the 12 floor Coglin St building is bottom left. The Thompson Playford Building is the top site.
My bad guys. I'm just happy to finally see activity at the Gouger St site after years of neglect and continuous eyesore.

confalone
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#56 Post by confalone » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:09 am

Just wondering if anyone knows how tall the Minter Ellison building will be and whether this will obstruct any views from the new Lot 8 building.

Cheers guys

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#57 Post by Will » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:18 am

confalone wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows how tall the Minter Ellison building will be and whether this will obstruct any views from the new Lot 8 building.

Cheers guys
The Minster Ellison Building will be 29.8m high

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#58 Post by skyliner » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:03 pm

Crawf - In reply to your post of 11/7/07 you stated that there will be 8 cranes in the city.
Like you, I am no crane buff, but they sure give a quick indicatiuon as to CBD develpment.

During the 1980's boom, when I went to check out the city EVERY day, 8 was the TOP number of cranes evident. From now on it would appear that this boom might be bigger still and speaks well for confidence in a great city!

I feel like the granddaddy of you all - having been into this stuff for over 30 years. But why not, what better city is there?

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER SKYLINE
Jack.

confalone
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#59 Post by confalone » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:20 pm

I have a question if anyone can answer it.

The corresponding car parks for these apartments will be in the existing Autopark building which the developer owns. A section of the ground floor will be allocated to the new apartments.Apparently because this is an existing building, these car parks cannot have their own seperate title and will therefore be leased to the owners for 99 years and then renewed for $1 after the 99 year lease is up. Does anyone know if this is correct about not being able to get a title for it and whether it is common practice to lease out the car park to the owner?

Also, what happens after the 99 years? Can the developer not agree to lease it out again? Or does the purchaser of the apartment have an ongoing and unlimited lease (is this possible?)?

Any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: *U/C: Lot 8 - 40m ~ 12 levels (Coglin Plc)

#60 Post by Pikey » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:03 pm

Checked out the site on Saturday. Piling looks not too far of with the Reo sections on site. I'd say there should be a crane up very soon.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |