[COM] 374-400 King William Street | 47m | 11lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: 374-400 King William Street | 47m | 11lvls | Office

#826 Post by Plasmatron » Mon May 23, 2016 11:46 am

I assume Patrick was talking about restaurants and/or bars, something to keep people coming back and "activating" the area when the sun goes down.
https://www.youtube.com/UltraVibeProductions

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#827 Post by monotonehell » Mon May 23, 2016 11:53 am

Plasmatron wrote:I assume Patrick was talking about restaurants and/or bars, something to keep people coming back and "activating" the area when the sun goes down.
To assume makes an ass of you. ;)

Perhaps. But it is opposite a couple of pubs and a tram station (term used loosely). Plenty going on around it.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#828 Post by Waewick » Mon May 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Mostly Govt departments.and a single café.
There was meant to be a childcare centre but that never happened.

noted
High Rise Poster!

#829 Post by noted » Tue May 24, 2016 11:07 am

Child care centre was always a bit ambitious. The regulations are pretty strict on outdoor play space requirements, and what sort of premises can be used. Not impossible, but office buildings are always going to struggle with approval processes.

Waewick

#830 Post by Waewick » Tue May 24, 2016 5:01 pm

noted wrote:Child care centre was always a bit ambitious. The regulations are pretty strict on outdoor play space requirements, and what sort of premises can be used. Not impossible, but office buildings are always going to struggle with approval processes.
it was intended for the balcony you see on whatever the level is (4 I think), happens in the Eastern states regularly

I have been offered roles in Melbourne/Sydney with one of the perks being access to the onsite childcare centre.

Patrick_27

#831 Post by Patrick_27 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:00 am

Interesting that the conversation of child-care facilities in office buildings, Anne Moran wrote a piece a few weeks back in the local rag about how she would like the council to investigate what they could be doing to promote this practise in office buildings. Her reasons were that it would encourage new mothers to get back to work earlier, encourage more mothers to (maintain or seek) work in the city (allowing them to be closer to their child) and it would allow for both mothers and fathers to spend time with their children during lunch breaks. I haven't been a big fan of Moran in the past because I think she leads the North Adelaide Whinge Society BUT in that last twelve months I've seen a real shift in tone regarding some of the progressive measures being undertaking by the council. Perhaps it because the most progressive of that lot, Yarwood, was voted out and it makes the minimal efforts of others seem more prominent? Who knows! Regardless of politics, I think the idea of office buildings having child care facilities is a great idea.