We went along to the plaza and it wasnt the right place really.crawf wrote:Elder Park is off bounds due to the OzAsia Festival. The council is closing off War Memorial Drive tomorrow to allow more room for spectators and food trucks, while the SMA have confirmed they will open up Adelaide Oval if there is a massive crowd.Llessur2002 wrote: ↑Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:00 am
And on the flip side, where are people watching the game who are staying in Adelaide?
Don't they normally put a big screen in Elder Park for the grand final? This year they're showing the game on the big screens in Telstra Plaza outside the Oval but it's a pretty small and concretey venue for 3-4 hours watching.
Either way the city will be electric tomorrow night if the crows win.
---------------More than 5000 supporters are anticipated to pack out the Adelaide Oval’s southern plaza to watch the “Big Dance” clash against Richmond from the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
A further 1400 have bought tickets for two sold out for functions.
Officials have contingencies in place for a larger crowd and will open the Crows’ home ground if needed.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... c030874fb1
Yeah I'm really surprised by this. What was the point of spending millions on transforming the square into a events space.... are the council afraid of a potential backlash from 'some' nearby businesses?. Wasted opportunity.Can't believe there's nothing going on in Vic Square or any of our hectares of parklands. Someone's missed a trick surely, or are they just worried about organising something that might end up being a lot busier than anticipated?
We also went to ozasia and once again their inability to plan an event shone through.
I admit we got there late so accepted the fact that i had to line up. 1 hr and 15 minutes into that line, when i could see the entrance, i didnt expect a few things
1. Event staff telling us to go elsewhere as they were only letting in people as others to leave.
2. The police to close King William Street.
3. Rude, selfish pricks to then move to the entrance, creating a third line and forcing themselves in.
4. The ozasia security to do nothing about it. They watched as these arseholes walked straight past people who had lined up for over an hour to get it and try to push past. It is as close to a riot as I've seen. i saw people in original lines walking over to the scummy line jumpers and going nuts.
5. When you finally get in, line ups for any sort of convenience just as long as the entry ( we brought stuff so we were fine) and the toilets well lets not go there.
Over all it was another inspid effort by the organisers. If this was the first time you could give them the benefit of the doubt but this is years and years of the same shit.