Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

Re: Beer Garden

#2581 Post by SouthAussie94 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:45 am

Archbishop Urges ‘No’ Vote: “It’s About Protecting Children. And We Know About Protecting Children”

The Catholic Archbishop of Sydney, Anthony Fisher, says if there’s one thing the Catholic Church can lecture others on, it’s how to best protect children.

Urging followers to vote ‘no’ in the same sex marriage survey, Mr Fisher said that legalising same sex marriage would be bad for children. “And when it comes to the harm of children, the Catholic Church knows what it’s talking about,” he said.

The Archbishop said it wasn’t the place of Government to decide who should and shouldn’t get married, but rather the place of a group of men who had never been married themselves.

“The state has no business telling us who we should love and how, sexually or otherwise. Everyone knows it’s the Church’s role to be totally obsessed with sex.

“As someone who has never been married, and never will, I have that wonderful mix of inexperience and lack of perspective that makes me so well placed to speak on this issue,” he said.
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

#2582 Post by SouthAussie94 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:52 am

Same Sex Marriage Could Lead To Men Wearing Dresses, Church Fears

Legalising same sex marriage is a slippery slope towards men wearing long flowing dresses and jewellery, an advertisement funded by Christian groups has warned.

Children – some as young as primary school age – were already being told it was okay to wear a dress to school, which some believe could lead to the same behaviour as adults.

“The idea that a grown man would put on a dress, match it with a gold necklace, and then maybe top the look off with some sort of colourful hat, is definitely not something we want to encourage,” a spokesperson said.

“What’s next? Boys dressing up in full-length dresses and singing in choirs? This has to stop”.

"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

#2583 Post by SouthAussie94 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:05 am

“What About My Freedom Of Speech?” Asks Man On National Television Ad

A man who has had his opinions heard by people in every city and town around the country says he’s worried that the PC thought police are trying to silence him.

Despite being paid by Christian lobbyists to appear in their latest series of ads aimed at frustrating working class Australians with irrational tangents to the same-sex marriage debate, the man says no one is listening to people like him.

Builder Steve Peterson, 54, says he is an active No vote supporter who is sick of not having his views on the gay marriage validated in the public debate, despite the fact that he’s been able to spruik his anti-gay-marriage rhetoric on prime time television right across the country for the last few days.

In it, he says: “I dunno about this same-sex marriage … even our Prime Minister says there’ll be consequences.”

He adds that he’s “over this politically correct nonsense”, being “sick of being told what to think by the thought police”, and ventures “what’s next? Boycott my business? I’m gonna have my say all right. I’m gonna say no”.

Former Prime Minister Tony Abbott says this is a perfect example of everyday Aussies sticking it up to the PC elites who think they are so smart because they have gay friends that they love and care about.

“If you want to stick it to these people, vote no” he said.

“It will make you feel powerful beyond measure”

“Just look at old mate Steve”

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#2584 Post by rev » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:02 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:52 am

Legalising same sex marriage is a slippery slope towards men wearing long flowing dresses and jewellery, an advertisement funded by Christian groups has warned.

Children – some as young as primary school age – were already being told it was okay to wear a dress to school, which some believe could lead to the same behaviour as adults.

“The idea that a grown man would put on a dress, match it with a gold necklace, and then maybe top the look off with some sort of colourful hat, is definitely not something we want to encourage,” a spokesperson said.

“What’s next? Boys dressing up in full-length dresses and singing in choirs? This has to stop”.

You do realise that's not a dress?

2.a loose outer garment, in particular.
a long gown with flowing sleeves worn by monks, priests, or clergy.

"the chaplain tottered in stiff splendid frocks"
Underneath they have regular clothes.

There's quite a difference between a priest or monk or altar boy wearing a frock over regular clothes while in church, to someone cross dressing and putting on make up and the opposite sex's jewellery.

Pathetic attempt. Is that all you got?

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2585 Post by Nathan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:09 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:02 pm
There's quite a difference between a priest or monk or altar boy wearing a frock over regular clothes while in church, to someone cross dressing and putting on make up and the opposite sex's jewellery.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#2586 Post by rev » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Nathan wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:09 pm
rev wrote:
He'd be a better state leader then the dope heads currently in power.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#2587 Post by Goodsy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:34 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:29 pm
Nathan wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:09 pm
rev wrote:
He'd be a better state leader then the dope heads currently in power.
Bernardi, or the man dressed in drag hanging on his wall?

SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

#2588 Post by SouthAussie94 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:55 am

rev wrote:
SouthAussie94 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:52 am

You do realise that's not a dress?

2.a loose outer garment, in particular.

Underneath they have regular clothes.

Pathetic attempt. Is that all you got?
You're quite correct, it definitely is a frock
frock

1. a woman's or girl's dress.
"her new party frock"
synonyms: dress, gown, robe, shift;

"she looked demure in a cream silk frock"

a loose outer garment, in particular:
Notice the first definition of frock; A women's dress. Priests, monks, alter boys wear frocks. They wear women's dresses.

Which they are more than entitled to do. If they want to wear a dress, why should I care? It doesn't effect me in any way, shape, or form.

The same goes for if a boy wants to wear a dress. Who cares? Can girls wear pants since they're traditionally worn by men? Will that cause a similar uproar?

It's a bit rich to defend priests and their right to wear dresses, yet then criticise another male for wearing the same.

ghs

Re: Cheaper Taxi ride - Adelaide

#2589 Post by ghs » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 pm

AIT are also South Australian.

For those who are using Uber have you ever
thought about the fact that 25% of the fare is going to an American company ?

Llessur2002

#2590 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:43 am

ghs wrote:AIT are also South Australian.

For those who are using Uber have you ever
thought about the fact that 25% of the fare is going to an American company ?
So consumers should accept what is in many cases a shockingly inferior service just because the profits stay in SA?

Nort

#2591 Post by Nort » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:29 am

Interestingly the debate over women wearing pants was quite a long one, and indeed still goes on. I had an ex who sat through a church sermon that was almost entirely about telling female church members off for dressing too much like men.
Conservatives ridiculed “rational” styles, and warned that allowing “ladies” to wear pants would be more dangerous than a ticking time bomb. Many religious leaders feared that women wearing pants would become immodest (code for promiscuous.) It wasn’t “ladylike” (code for questioning male authority.) Girls would be wild, instead of quiet and modest, and no one would want to marry them. The family would be destroyed. Men would become weak and effeminate. They wrote editorials fretting that cross dressing by women would cause social and moral chaos, ranting that that the differences between the sexes “would be obliterated.”
Until relatively recently it wasn't uncommon for it to be actively illegal for women to wear pants.

There is a fantastic episode of The Dollop worth listening to that talks about the subject. http://thedollop.libsyn.com/53-battle-of-the-pants

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2592 Post by Ben » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:49 am

It is interesting what was once considered improper and offensive, most people wouldn't even bat an eye lid at. (women wearing pants).

the same could be said for many things
  • Black people sharing bathrooms with white people.
  • Women being able to vote.
  • Aboriginals able to vote.
  • Woman being able to drive.
  • Black and white people being able to marry eachother.
  • Homosexuality no longer illegal.
Every time one of these minority groups received equal rights life continued.

Some people just fear change which is understandable as it is the unknown, but life goes on.

ghs

#2593 Post by ghs » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:13 am

Mate, the last car rolls off the line at Elizabeth today. The local economy is a nightmare, every little bit helps.

Adelaide is essentially a city of lazy public servants come monday. Things are getting worse and worse.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2594 Post by Ben » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:33 am

'Cos we all know everyone works at Holden and that is the only company in SA :lol:

Also I guess Victoria may as well shut up shop. Their unemployment rate is now 6.0% and we are 5.8%. its a real dire situation over the border.... oh but wait they have 150 cranes don't they? and we only have 15... i'm confused by your economics they should be booming?

Nathan

#2595 Post by Nathan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:41 am

*** INTERMISSION *** (cue elevator music)

Anybody know what's up with the mobile crane party on the parade grounds today? Rode past on the way to work, and it looked like 25–30 odd cranes all hanging out together.