[COM] 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: [U/C] Re: Adelaidean | 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Mixed Use | New tallest

#466 Post by Waewick » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Ben wrote:Not for a crane some precast panels have gone up. Will try and get pics at lunch.

Will I think the developer is also a builder? He builds his own?
Yep. Will be Kyren Constructions.

CDJ
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: Adelaidean | 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Mixed Use | New tallest

#467 Post by CDJ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 pm

I suspect it may be Hindmarsh.

Waewick

[COM] Re: Adelaidean | 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Mixed Use | New tallest

#468 Post by Waewick » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:44 pm

CDJ wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 pm
I suspect it may be Hindmarsh.
that will be interesting to see. I guess we will find out shortly.

Ser Noit of Loit
High Rise Poster!

#469 Post by Ser Noit of Loit » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:18 pm

Imagine if this and Realm go up at roughly the same rate. We'll get a bit of a two towers race which might even get some attention, especially when they reach a height where the average joe is going 'aren't these getting a bit tall?'

Patrick_27

#470 Post by Patrick_27 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 am

Ser Noit of Loit wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:18 pm
Imagine if this and Realm go up at roughly the same rate. We'll get a bit of a two towers race which might even get some attention, especially when they reach a height where the average joe is going 'aren't these getting a bit tall?'
What do your comments even mean?

Ser Noit of Loit
High Rise Poster!

#471 Post by Ser Noit of Loit » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 am
Ser Noit of Loit wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:18 pm
What do your comments even mean?
What does yours? Seriously, mind explaining this baffling question and give examples of others comments of mine that don't make sense to you?

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#472 Post by Jaymz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:41 pm

Is this one absolutely, unequivocally, 100% guaranteed to be under construction right now?

adel aide
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#473 Post by adel aide » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Jaymz - I have been wondering the same thing.
I know they were marketing the apartments saying they didn't need a pre-sales requirement to get this one underway but I bet they were thinking that would be because they had a deal signed off with a hotel group. I dare say no bank will give them the required construction finance without the details of the hotel being sorted out and I doubt the developer has deep enough pockets to get it done on their own. I suspect demolition is happening to keep in line with what they were promising the market and they would be trying to make the rest of it happen in the background.
Either they have a deal done with the hotel and they don't want the market to know who it is because it doesn't provide any brand credibility for the apartment sales or they don't have a deal done yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see this move quite slowly after demolition until all their ducks are lined up.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#474 Post by HiTouch » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:29 pm

This should be SWP as demolition and clearing the space hasn't finished yet. There are still buildings up.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#475 Post by monotonehell » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:36 pm

Demolition of the concrete framed, three level building still underway. A tractor mounted jack hammer was being used this morning to remove some of the street level facade. Other than the street facing windows on upper levels this is just the substructure now, but still standing.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

GrowAdelaide
High Rise Poster!

#476 Post by GrowAdelaide » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:44 am

adel aide wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:51 pm
Jaymz - I have been wondering the same thing.
I know they were marketing the apartments saying they didn't need a pre-sales requirement to get this one underway but I bet they were thinking that would be because they had a deal signed off with a hotel group. I dare say no bank will give them the required construction finance without the details of the hotel being sorted out and I doubt the developer has deep enough pockets to get it done on their own. I suspect demolition is happening to keep in line with what they were promising the market and they would be trying to make the rest of it happen in the background.
Either they have a deal done with the hotel and they don't want the market to know who it is because it doesn't provide any brand credibility for the apartment sales or they don't have a deal done yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see this move quite slowly after demolition until all their ducks are lined up.
That all sounds very speculative. Yes there is a building still standing but construction is occurring on the northern part of the site, therefore "Under Construction". The carpark is 100% closing at the end of January so I can't see any reason to believe there is any issue with this project.
Attachments
IMG_1370.JPG
IMG_1370.JPG (547.66 KiB) Viewed 3704 times

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#477 Post by Norman » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:17 pm

From today

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#478 Post by Pikey » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:57 pm

Am I the only one concerned about how this could end up? Seeing what Kyren have done with Dwell, and their marked change and “dumbing down” of that design, I’m not holding out hope here. For example if the facade is highly translucent with low reflectivity, it will make an already simple design less spectacular.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope this turns out to be a cracker, I’m just a touch nervous.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: [SWP] Re: Adelaidean | 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Mixed Use | New tallest

#479 Post by citywatcher » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:32 am

Pikey wrote:Am I the only one concerned about how this could end up? Seeing what Kyren have done with Dwell, and their marked change and “dumbing down” of that design, I’m not holding out hope here. For example if the facade is highly translucent with low reflectivity, it will make an already simple design less spectacular.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope this turns out to be a cracker, I’m just a touch nervous.
Any concerns expressed in here usually get ridiculed but I share your concern
We'll probably end up with a huge block of concrete

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk

noted
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: [SWP] Re: Adelaidean | 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Mixed Use | New tallest

#480 Post by noted » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:08 am

citywatcher wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:32 am
Pikey wrote:Am I the only one concerned about how this could end up? Seeing what Kyren have done with Dwell, and their marked change and “dumbing down” of that design, I’m not holding out hope here. For example if the facade is highly translucent with low reflectivity, it will make an already simple design less spectacular.

Any concerns expressed in here usually get ridiculed but I share your concern
We'll probably end up with a huge block of concrete

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk
Quite right to be nervous- Dwell is awful. However, I don't think 'dumbing down' has been the problem here. Right from the first render it looked terrible and showed a complete lack of imagination on a site that had a lot of potential. Having said that though, I think all of there other big developments in Adelaide have all been pretty good and stayed fairly true to the original designs.