[APP] Adelaide Oval Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 280 times
Been thanked: 408 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#241 Post by rev » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:19 am

Allkai wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:43 am
ghs wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:27 am
Does anyone know why there's no match here on Australia day this year ?

Could it be possible that the SMA charges cricket australia a ridiculous amount of money to use AO on a public holiday ?
Maybe due to the Phil Collins concert on there tonight?
https://indaily.com.au/sport/cricket/20 ... ralia-day/
Instead the Gabba will host the first of two Tests against Sri Lanka, a day-nighter from January 24 which runs over the Australia Day long weekend.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!
Posts: 740
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 403 times
Been thanked: 44 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#242 Post by Brucetiki » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:17 pm

claybro wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:37 pm
Nort wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:30 pm
It also can't be over emphasized how fantastic the stadium looks as you fly into Adelaide airport when it's in use.
TBH though, when viewing AFL on TV, it looks more like a suburban Sydney ARL ground with the northern mound. Its probably great for the cricket spectators (it is after all a cricket ground) but as the main showcase stadium for Adelaide, it does look a little unfinished. The hotel will not have any impact for spectators, TV viewers nor ruin the looks from the air. I do agree though, that if the finish is not to a high standard ie reflective or heavily tinted glass, it could diminish the appearance from the eastern approach. All things equal, I don't believe it is the train wreck it is being made out to be.
No it doesn't - and that Sydney ARL you're referring to is called the NRL, has played a match at Adelaide Oval over the past couple of seasons, and is bringing a State of Origin match to Adelaide Oval for next year.

It looks nothing like Belmore, Brookvale, Shark Park etc.

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 280 times
Been thanked: 408 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#243 Post by rev » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:00 pm

claybro wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:37 pm
Nort wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:30 pm
It also can't be over emphasized how fantastic the stadium looks as you fly into Adelaide airport when it's in use.
TBH though, when viewing AFL on TV, it looks more like a suburban Sydney ARL ground with the northern mound. Its probably great for the cricket spectators (it is after all a cricket ground) but as the main showcase stadium for Adelaide, it does look a little unfinished. The hotel will not have any impact for spectators, TV viewers nor ruin the looks from the air. I do agree though, that if the finish is not to a high standard ie reflective or heavily tinted glass, it could diminish the appearance from the eastern approach. All things equal, I don't believe it is the train wreck it is being made out to be.
It has been used for cricket and footy since the 1870's.

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2009
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 219 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#244 Post by claybro » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:10 pm

rev wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:00 pm
[quote=claybro post_id=176740 time=<a href="tel:1548137278">1548137278</a> user_id=5463]
[quote=Nort post_id=176719 time=<a href="tel:1548122412">1548122412</a> user_id=4241]
It also can't be over emphasized how fantastic the stadium looks as you fly into Adelaide airport when it's in use.
TBH though, when viewing AFL on TV, it looks more like a suburban Sydney ARL ground with the northern mound. Its probably great for the cricket spectators (it is after all a cricket ground) but as the main showcase stadium for Adelaide, it does look a little unfinished. The hotel will not have any impact for spectators, TV viewers nor ruin the looks from the air. I do agree though, that if the finish is not to a high standard ie reflective or heavily tinted glass, it could diminish the appearance from the eastern approach. All things equal, I don't believe it is the train wreck it is being made out to be.
[/quote]

It has been used for cricket and footy since the 1870's.
[/quote]

Yes Rev quite right. But cricket has always held the sway with this oval, and part of the brief for the redevelopment was to keep it in sympathy for cricket spectators and cricket heritage, so we have not a stadium as such, but a collection of different stands, of differing architectural merit. The hotel will neither add to or diminish from that.

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 86 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#245 Post by HiTouch » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:31 pm

From The Advertiser

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... f7c36dc8b0
The Federal Government could get dragged into the battle over a proposed hotel at the Adelaide Oval, with the City Council looking into whether it affects the National Heritage listing of the parklands.

The council will tonight discuss if it can refer the proposal for a $42 million hotel on the eastern side of the stadium to the Federal Government — under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act.

It would be argued the hotel adversely affects the 2008 decision to formally list the parklands and the Adelaide city layout as National Heritage Places.

If accepted by Federal Environment Minister Melissa Price, it would kick off a range of environmental assessments about its potential impact on the parklands and surrounds.

This could potentially delay the construction of the hotel and even make the project require a whole new set of approvals to go ahead.

Cr Robert Simms will put the proposal to refer the hotel to the Federal Government at tonight’s council meeting.

He said the impact on National Heritage listing needed to be examined.

“In 2008 the Federal Government entered the Adelaide Parklands into the Australian Heritage List in recognition of the fact that the parklands are of enormous value not just to South Australia but to the entire country,” Cr Simms said.

“Anything that jeopardises this status should not be getting the green light.”

Lord Mayor Sandy Verschoor said it could be one of a series of options.

“Council’s concern is that the proposed development does not meet community expectations of the beloved Oval or our iconic parklands, and we will consider any avenue to prevent it,” Ms Verschoor said.

Park Lands Authority member Stephanie Johnston, who raised the questions about whether it could be referred to the Federal Government, said an assessment of the impacts should be undertaken and the action led by the council.

A Stadium Management Authority spokesman said the proposal was being developed in accordance “with all relevant laws”.

“Council members have made their opposition to this innovative project abundantly clear, not even responding to our offer of a detailed briefing in early December,” he said.
History has shown, if you want to stop something from happening, you get as many politicians involved as possible (local, state and federal) involved and you get them bickering with each other on every level. Once this has happened, you can be sure it won’t happen.
rev wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am
If the parklands are so important why dont they put it to a vote state wide? Or are they afraid the majority will back this hotel..

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1737
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 216 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#246 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:05 am

HiTouch wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:31 pm
From The Advertiser

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... f7c36dc8b0
The Federal Government could get dragged into the battle over a proposed hotel at the Adelaide Oval, with the City Council looking into whether it affects the National Heritage listing of the parklands.

The council will tonight discuss if it can refer the proposal for a $42 million hotel on the eastern side of the stadium to the Federal Government — under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act.

It would be argued the hotel adversely affects the 2008 decision to formally list the parklands and the Adelaide city layout as National Heritage Places.

If accepted by Federal Environment Minister Melissa Price, it would kick off a range of environmental assessments about its potential impact on the parklands and surrounds.

This could potentially delay the construction of the hotel and even make the project require a whole new set of approvals to go ahead.

Cr Robert Simms will put the proposal to refer the hotel to the Federal Government at tonight’s council meeting.

He said the impact on National Heritage listing needed to be examined.

“In 2008 the Federal Government entered the Adelaide Parklands into the Australian Heritage List in recognition of the fact that the parklands are of enormous value not just to South Australia but to the entire country,” Cr Simms said.

“Anything that jeopardises this status should not be getting the green light.”

Lord Mayor Sandy Verschoor said it could be one of a series of options.

“Council’s concern is that the proposed development does not meet community expectations of the beloved Oval or our iconic parklands, and we will consider any avenue to prevent it,” Ms Verschoor said.

Park Lands Authority member Stephanie Johnston, who raised the questions about whether it could be referred to the Federal Government, said an assessment of the impacts should be undertaken and the action led by the council.

A Stadium Management Authority spokesman said the proposal was being developed in accordance “with all relevant laws”.

“Council members have made their opposition to this innovative project abundantly clear, not even responding to our offer of a detailed briefing in early December,” he said.
History has shown, if you want to stop something from happening, you get as many politicians involved as possible (local, state and federal) involved and you get them bickering with each other on every level. Once this has happened, you can be sure it won’t happen.
Yes. And so it begins. :D

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 280 times
Been thanked: 408 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#247 Post by rev » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am

Lmfao how desperate and sad.

If it was really about some nonsensical heritage of grass & trees, that would have been their argument from the start and they would have taken this action then.
Instead they've dug through everything they can tp find a way, after realizing what they've tried so far hasnt worked.

If the parklands are so important why dont they put it to a vote state wide? Or are they afraid the majority will back this hotel..

Its important, but not important enough to give us all a say. Only the snobs of North Adelaide should get a say through their councillors.

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 86 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#248 Post by HiTouch » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:27 pm

We could call it a reverendum. :wink:
rev wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am
If the parklands are so important why dont they put it to a vote state wide? Or are they afraid the majority will back this hotel..

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6762
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 1111 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#249 Post by Ben » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:50 pm

Thread cleaned up. Please keep on topic and without personal insults and profanities.

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 280 times
Been thanked: 408 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#250 Post by rev » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:38 pm

Ben wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:50 pm
Thread cleaned up. Please keep on topic and without personal insults and profanities.
Yeh, righto.
Till the next time Nort has his childish dig.
..the next time HiTouch harasses someone.
..the next time GHS makes racist remarks.


But hey, I said something that someone didn't like once upon a time, I had a different opinion on an issue to a select group here(you included), so it doesn't matter now right Ben?
It's perfectly fine now to be stalked and harassed online by HiTouch who despite getting banned now even quotes me in his signature which is just another way he trolls on here, to put up with racism from GHS, and constant harassment from Nort in most threads I post in.

But as soon as I stand up for my self, you delete all the posts. Never mind actually doing something about it when they're acting up. No, why would you do that.


Great way to run an online community. :applause:


Hypocrites.
I wonder what this sites host company would have to say.

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 230 times
Been thanked: 144 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#251 Post by Nort » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:44 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:05 am
HiTouch wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:31 pm
From The Advertiser

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... f7c36dc8b0
The Federal Government could get dragged into the battle over a proposed hotel at the Adelaide Oval, with the City Council looking into whether it affects the National Heritage listing of the parklands.

The council will tonight discuss if it can refer the proposal for a $42 million hotel on the eastern side of the stadium to the Federal Government — under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act.

It would be argued the hotel adversely affects the 2008 decision to formally list the parklands and the Adelaide city layout as National Heritage Places.

If accepted by Federal Environment Minister Melissa Price, it would kick off a range of environmental assessments about its potential impact on the parklands and surrounds.

This could potentially delay the construction of the hotel and even make the project require a whole new set of approvals to go ahead.

Cr Robert Simms will put the proposal to refer the hotel to the Federal Government at tonight’s council meeting.

He said the impact on National Heritage listing needed to be examined.

“In 2008 the Federal Government entered the Adelaide Parklands into the Australian Heritage List in recognition of the fact that the parklands are of enormous value not just to South Australia but to the entire country,” Cr Simms said.

“Anything that jeopardises this status should not be getting the green light.”

Lord Mayor Sandy Verschoor said it could be one of a series of options.

“Council’s concern is that the proposed development does not meet community expectations of the beloved Oval or our iconic parklands, and we will consider any avenue to prevent it,” Ms Verschoor said.

Park Lands Authority member Stephanie Johnston, who raised the questions about whether it could be referred to the Federal Government, said an assessment of the impacts should be undertaken and the action led by the council.

A Stadium Management Authority spokesman said the proposal was being developed in accordance “with all relevant laws”.

“Council members have made their opposition to this innovative project abundantly clear, not even responding to our offer of a detailed briefing in early December,” he said.
History has shown, if you want to stop something from happening, you get as many politicians involved as possible (local, state and federal) involved and you get them bickering with each other on every level. Once this has happened, you can be sure it won’t happen.
Yes. And so it begins. :D
And rightfully so.

NIMBYism is definitely a thing that comes up in these debates, and I won't deny that some of those opposed to the development probably fit into that category.

However at the same time, the only reason we even have the parklands available like we do is because of the attitude that they should be protected and not just given away willy nilly.

If the development can go through the full pipeline of approvals and consultations and demonstrate that it won't cause negative effects and establish dangerous precedents, show that it is a positive development for Adelaide, then great - I look forward to it being built.

With the history of these type of things though anything that is rushed through and treated as special and not needing the same scrutiny that any other similar development would get definitely doesn't pass the sniff test.

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 86 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#252 Post by HiTouch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:44 pm

rev, I have never harassed or stalked anybody. I am probably the least worst person on this site. Ok sure, I messaged you about forming a Sensational Adelaide resistance / rebellion / faction / political party as well as a movement called "PROJECT: No Bullies" that one time and we became really good friends but you made it clear that you wanted to break off the relationship because you couldn't commit. I may have gotten emotional and there were consequences to those emotions (being banned for a week) but I have served my time. I am a better person now rev. Why can't you accept me for who I am?

My signature is actually supporting your idea. I think it's one of the best ideas in the world. In fact, getting everybody involved with everything in day-to-day life is probably the best idea in the world and has never caused a problem ever. You should be thanking me.

(I have attached a screenshot containing proof of our PROJECT: No Bullies inboxes to highlight that I am in fact NOTa harasser but a fighter, a warrior against harassment.)
Attachments
2019-01-30 17_28_15-Start.png
rev wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am
If the parklands are so important why dont they put it to a vote state wide? Or are they afraid the majority will back this hotel..

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 280 times
Been thanked: 408 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#253 Post by rev » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:54 pm

Ben wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:50 pm
Thread cleaned up. Please keep on topic and without personal insults and profanities.
I'm sick and tired of the racism, and sick and tired of the harassment and trolling from Nort and\ HiTouch which despite him being banned for two weeks continues today. I've even received another PM from him with harassment/trolling.

Disagreeing with peoples opinions or views, arguing you're right their wrong is one thing, but these guys are going to far continuously. And nothing is being done.

Well here you go, since you think it's all a big joke and aren't taking it seriously. You reading Howie?

https://www.esafety.gov.au/esafety-info ... yber-abuse

What is cyber abuse?

Cyber abuse is online behaviour which is reasonably likely to have a seriously threatening, intimidating, harassing or humiliating effect on a person. It is behaviour that threatens to hurt a person socially, psychologically or even physically.

It can take place in various online spaces, like chat rooms, on social networking sites, through emails, messaging apps or on message boards.

Cyber abuse can also involve a range of behaviours, some of which are described as:

trolling
flaming
cyberbullying
cyber hate
cyber violence
cyber mobbing
cyber stalking
cyber harassment
cyber racism and online hate speech

technology-facilitated abuse
sextortion
image-based abuse[/quote]

What are some examples of cyber abuse?

sharing intimate or sexual photos or videos online without consent—either to humiliate or shame someone, or for the ‘entertainment’ of others (this is also known as image-based abuse)
targeted and persistent personal attacks aimed at ridiculing, insulting, damaging or humiliating a person—this might relate to a range of things, like someone’s physical appearance, religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation and/or political beliefs
encouraging vulnerable people to self-harm and/or suicide
seriously offensive and shocking material—depending on the context and severity, it can include posting inflammatory comments on memorial and tribute pages or posting images of deceased people with intent to upset family members or others
repeatedly sending obscene messages to a person or their family, friends or work colleagues
posting digitally manipulated explicit images of a person online, for example on social media or on pornographic websites
posting someone’s personal information on social media or elsewhere online along with offensive and/or sexual comments—resulting in calls and visits from strangers
threatening violence or inciting others to do the same—such as threats of death and sexual assault that might lead to real life contact
stalking a person online and hacking into their accounts—such as social media, banking, email accounts

What can I do?

Remove their power:

report the person being abusive to the website or social media administrators—if they reappear under a different name, report them again
don’t respond to their comments—it can be hard, but try to ignore them
use all the tools available to block or mute them—if they reappear under a different name, block or mute them again
back each other up online—support anyone who is the target of online abuse, without directly engaging with the person being abusive
minimise exposure—if possible, try to switch off at certain times of the day and/or create safe havens, for example keep your device out of your bedroom at night

What else can I do?

tell us what is happening to you by reporting it here
visit our image-based abuse page—we provide strategies and steps you can take when an intimate image of you has been shared without your consent
visit our eSafetyWomen site—it contains information on how to look out for signs of online abuse and cyber stalking and provides advice and tips on how to stay safe online

What about the law?

Many forms of cyber abuse could be considered to be illegal under state or federal legislation. For example under the Commonwealth Criminal Code Act 1995 (‘the Act’) it is an offence to menace, harass or cause offence, using a ‘carriage service’. It is also an offence under the Act to use a carriage service to make threats to kill or cause serious harm to a person, regardless of whether the person receiving the threat actually fears that the threat would be carried out. These provisions could capture instances of menacing, harassing or offensive conduct and threats carried out using landlines, mobile phones (e.g. MMS, SMS) and the internet, including emails and social media. For example, using a mobile phone to repeatedly send offensive images to someone.


Cyber-mobbing. That's an interesting one. I remember during the same sex marriage debate, which turned nasty, I had several people, North, Shuz, Ben(a site moderator), and others, all ganging up on me attacking me. Mono, another site moderator, basically said I don't care I'm going to let it continue. Nothing was done and it was condoned by the sites staff.

Still, to this day, Nort continues his harassment campaign against me. Nothing is being done. The only time something is done, is when I stand up for my self, and Ben(another one guilty of the cyber-mobbing and also a moderator) steps in to delete the posts and sweep it under the rug.

I have since received another PM from HiTouch, with his usual stalking/harassing behavior.
This forum's software does not work. I have blocked this troll, and yet I still receive notifications and he is still able to send me Private Messages.

Let's go further, with ACORN.
https://www.acorn.gov.au/learn-about-cy ... r-bullying

Cyber-bullying

Cyber-bullying or stalking occurs when someone engages in offensive, menacing or harassing behaviour through the use of technology. It can happen to people at any age, anytime, and often anonymously.

Examples of cyber-bullying include:

posting hurtful messages,
images or videos online
repeatedly sending unwanted messages online
sending abusive texts and emails
excluding or intimidating others online
creating fake social networking profiles or websites that are hurtful
nasty online gossip and chat, and
any other form of digital communication which is discriminatory, intimidating, intended to cause hurt or make someone fear for their safety.

Just like bullying in the offline world, not all online bullying is criminal. There are Australian laws which apply to serious online harassment and online bullying behaviour. Under the Criminal Code Act 1995 (Cth) it is an offence to use the internet, social media or a telephone to menace, harass or cause offence. The maximum penalty for this offence is three years imprisonment or a fine of more than $30,000.

I have repeatedly reported or raised the issue of GHS' racist comments directed towards Italian and Greek Australians. There's several people on this forum myself included, who are of Greek or Italian background. Nothing has been done, and it continues from time to time at any opportunity he has to make those comments.

I have reported HiTouch numerous times for his harassment and stalking, and have told him I have no interest in talking to him or having anything to do with him. He has been banned recently for his behavior which got out of hand. He continues the same behavior.
I have blocked him, but this sites software is poor and PM's still get through and notifications still get through.

Now, feel free to through any shit my way, and try and paint me as the bad guy and how it's all my fault and I deserve it (I know shuz will, either publicly or privately to others).
I've argued with many people on this site. Most people though are able to separate an argument or disagreement, from the rest.

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 86 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#254 Post by HiTouch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:43 pm

Lol Rev mate, I am sorry if you feel harassed but mate, Ive never stalked you. Ive never met you in person or in any other online avenue let alone stalked you. That is a really wild accusation. Unless you count the private messages above and any others which are on sensational adelaide as "stalking" which they arent. Youve never once asked me to stop.

You are on a forum. People wont agree with you on everything. People might even laugh at your attitude or laugh at your comments. It Doesnt mean we hate you.

We are wayy off topic though. Lets get back on topic.
Last edited by HiTouch on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rev wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am
If the parklands are so important why dont they put it to a vote state wide? Or are they afraid the majority will back this hotel..

User avatar
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 4792
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:55 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 41 times

[APP] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#255 Post by Howie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:52 pm

I suggest to anyone who has an issue with another individual to use the block function, I’ve seen a pattern of behaviour that’s just not fitting to this site.

I see every deleted post and I’m every case, it’s a clear violation of the terms and conditions we all agree to when we first sign up.

If the site and the way it is moderated bothers you so much Rev, I suggest you frequent one of the other development related site such as skyscrapercity.

I really do hope we can put this behind us and hope to see further positive contributions on this forum, but if you feel that’s not possible then I sincerely wish you all the best.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests