[COM] 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
normh
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#436 Post by normh » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:23 am

floplo wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:59 pm
normh wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:20 am
That's interesting, which floor/aspect/why that building? If the gym/pool etc are part of the hotel do you get automatic access? or do you have to pay? To get access does that mean you have to use 2 lifts? can you access your apartment lifts via the lobby of the hotel? or forced to use a "residence's" entrance, which if I recall from DA was off; was it Rosina Street?
27 / west

Apartments have no separate amenities or common spaces beyond lifts & lobby, everything (gym, pool, etc) is through the hotel. Access is by pay, the 'sales pitch' was that it reduces strata fee (as no maintenance costs) and only user pay.

Ground floor access to resident lifts is via a separate entry on Rosina (afaik, not sure about lobby access). Resident's lifts have access to car parking floors. I am not fully sure on which floors we can cross-over into the hotel (i.e. I assume that we can access the pool/gym floor directly from the residents lifts, but I don't have that on paper)

Why that building? Its timeline worked with my timing, I was fairly certain it will get build (given the hotel component); general (state) concessions and grants are more than tax, fees and moving costs, so I will actually get money for buying it, reducing financial risk; developer is also builder and then landlord of hotel , so I expect that construction quality will be ok; location and view were what I was looking for; the price tag was relatively speaking very low in comparison to similar projects ( Echelon had the same apartment with equivalent floor, orientation, floor plan & size for 100k more and crossing the FHG threshold)
I’ve just been to https://www.revenuesa.sa.gov.au/grants- ... ome-owners and FHG runs out at $575K, when all these apartments come on line I can see a big jump in the CBD apartment median prices.

floplo
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: [U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#437 Post by floplo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:26 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
floplo wrote:
normh wrote:
That's interesting, which floor/aspect/why that building? If the gym/pool etc are part of the hotel do you get automatic access? or do you have to pay? To get access does that mean you have to use 2 lifts? can you access your apartment lifts via the lobby of the hotel? or forced to use a "residence's" entrance, which if I recall from DA was off; was it Rosina Street?
27 / west

Apartments have no separate amenities or common spaces beyond lifts & lobby, everything (gym, pool, etc) is through the hotel. Access is by pay, the 'sales pitch' was that it reduces strata fee (as no maintenance costs) and only user pay.

Ground floor access to resident lifts is via a separate entry on Rosina (afaik, not sure about lobby access). Resident's lifts have access to car parking floors. I am not fully sure on which floors we can cross-over into the hotel (i.e. I assume that we can access the pool/gym floor directly from the residents lifts, but I don't have that on paper)

Why that building? Its timeline worked with my timing, I was fairly certain it will get build (given the hotel component); general (state) concessions and grants are more than tax, fees and moving costs, so I will actually get money for buying it, reducing financial risk; developer is also builder and then landlord of hotel , so I expect that construction quality will be ok; location and view were what I was looking for; the price tag was relatively speaking very low in comparison to similar projects ( Echelon had the same apartment with equivalent floor, orientation, floor plan & size for 100k more and crossing the FHG threshold)
Soooo.... Party at your place then, when this opens?
Hah, at least now I know who will help me move....Image

Sent from my G3116 using Tapatalk

floplo
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: [U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#438 Post by floplo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:30 am

normh wrote:
floplo wrote:
normh wrote:
27 / west

I’ve just been to https://www.revenuesa.sa.gov.au/grants- ... ome-owners and FHG runs out at $575K, when all these apartments come on line I can see a big jump in the CBD apartment median prices.
Actually, my impression was that there was surprisingly small amount of price tags just below that 575k threshold, so I don't think that it played a major role in price-setting

Sent from my G3116 using Tapatalk

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#439 Post by timtam20292 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:06 pm

From today.

SOFITEL 2.jpg

EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#440 Post by EBG » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:37 pm

The smaller service core at the rear (furthest from Currie St) is rising quite quickly however the larger tower is still just above ground level.
Attachments
20190324_sofitel.jpg

EBG

#441 Post by EBG » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:13 pm

Another picture from the rear. the smaller core is at level 5 while the larger core is now at level 2. A good picture of the crane at U2.2 in the back ground. Click on picture for bigger.
Attachments
20190406_sofitel.jpg

EBG

#442 Post by EBG » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:12 am

27/4/2019. Both service cores are now growing. Click on picture for bigger.
Attachments
20190427_sofitel.jpg

EBG

#443 Post by EBG » Sat May 11, 2019 3:03 pm

The bigger service Core, closer to Currie St, (now at level 6) has over taken the smaller rear tower. also work progressing on levels 1 & 2 . Click on picture for bigger.
Attachments
20190511_currie st.jpg

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#444 Post by Pikey » Sun May 19, 2019 5:27 pm

This one is growing at a decent pace. If only they numbered the core...

Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Allkai
High Rise Poster!

#445 Post by Allkai » Mon May 20, 2019 10:22 am

Pikey wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:27 pm
This one is growing at a decent pace. If only they numbered the core...

7 :lol:

Allkai
High Rise Poster!

#446 Post by Allkai » Thu May 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Tower pump going in today.

F5CC376E-7263-4F8F-8BE0-E73471E8BBDB.jpeg

34FD9A82-B9E5-4DE4-9D9D-84AC1C618289.jpeg

SBD

#447 Post by SBD » Thu May 23, 2019 3:16 pm

I'm not sure if there's a technology forum to lump these kinds of answers together for future reference...

A few months ago someone explained how tower cranes get taller and a few other technical aspects. One that I did not see covered is the tower concrete pump. Is there a clear explanation (or can someone give one) of how these things work, including what happens to a column of wet concrete at knock-off time? I assume it grows by lifting the top off, inserting another length of pipe then lifting the top back on and doing up the bolts again.

Thanks,
Scott

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#448 Post by AG » Wed May 29, 2019 3:52 pm

SBD wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:16 pm
I'm not sure if there's a technology forum to lump these kinds of answers together for future reference...

A few months ago someone explained how tower cranes get taller and a few other technical aspects. One that I did not see covered is the tower concrete pump. Is there a clear explanation (or can someone give one) of how these things work, including what happens to a column of wet concrete at knock-off time? I assume it grows by lifting the top off, inserting another length of pipe then lifting the top back on and doing up the bolts again.

Thanks,
Scott
The pump itself is usually located at the bottom of the pipeline (ground floor) to push the incoming concrete mix through the pipeline. In high-rise buildings, the pipeline which the mix flows through is usually situated in a void in the slabs on each level (these are infilled with concrete later), although sometimes these run on the outside of the building if there is space.

A boom with flexible arms at the top is supported from the most recently poured slabs and is used to distribute the wet mix to where it needs to go. These climb in a similar manner to tower cranes, although they often only extend down to the most recent slabs rather than all the way to ground.

As for how they get cleaned, high pressure water cleaning and sometimes a special rubber ball get sucked through the pipeline to remove anything that's accumulated.

The other way concrete ends up being passed up is through kibble pours (buckets of concrete lifted by the tower cranes), often used for smaller or more tricky pours.

SBD

#449 Post by SBD » Wed May 29, 2019 5:27 pm

AG wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:52 pm
SBD wrote:

Thanks,
Scott
The pump itself is usually located at the bottom of the pipeline (ground floor) to push the incoming concrete mix through the pipeline. In high-rise buildings, the pipeline which the mix flows through is usually situated in a void in the slabs on each level (these are infilled with concrete later), although sometimes these run on the outside of the building if there is space.

A boom with flexible arms at the top is supported from the most recently poured slabs and is used to distribute the wet mix to where it needs to go. These climb in a similar manner to tower cranes, although they often only extend down to the most recent slabs rather than all the way to ground.

As for how they get cleaned, high pressure water cleaning and sometimes a special rubber ball get sucked through the pipeline to remove anything that's accumulated.

The other way concrete ends up being passed up is through kibble pours (buckets of concrete lifted by the tower cranes), often used for smaller or more tricky pours.
Thank you. At the end of the day/shift/pour, can the high-pressure water push the remaining concrete to the top in a form that still meets the specifications, or does the last pipeline-fill of concrete end up back on ground level and have to be dumped?

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#450 Post by AG » Thu May 30, 2019 10:15 am

SBD wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:27 pm
AG wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:52 pm
SBD wrote:

Thanks,
Scott

Thank you. At the end of the day/shift/pour, can the high-pressure water push the remaining concrete to the top in a form that still meets the specifications, or does the last pipeline-fill of concrete end up back on ground level and have to be dumped?
Generally if the pump is operating correctly and the pipeline has been maintained properly, there shouldn't be too much concrete left in the pipeline at the end of the pour. Anything that gets cleaned out shouldn't be used and should be disposed of.