[COM] Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by EBG » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:33 pm

Both Realm and Adelaidean standout along the River Torrens and will be landmarks for many years to come. 1/10/2019.
Attachments
20191001_RIVER SIDE VIEW.jpg

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1786
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Contact:

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:59 pm

Visible from Henley Beach Road in Mile End.

Average quality photo, but it gives an idea.

Image
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by normh » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:10 pm

There’s been another core rise today. So what is that now? 38th? And it was only what 5 days ago the last one?

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6997
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by Ben » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:15 pm

This looks taller than Adelaidean now.

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1786
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Contact:

[COM] [U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:18 pm

Core rise confirmed.

.Image

Image

Image
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6997
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:00 pm

The core shows the level numbers but i couldn't see them from where i am and my camera is not good enough.

Image

User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2313
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by Pikey » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:28 pm

i think level 39 is in the box. So two more rises plus plant room, possibly?

Looks taller than Adelaidean as mentioned. Obviously once Adelaidean receives its top two floors plus roof feature it will look taller again.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

aceman
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:02 am
Location: Adelaide (Hallett Cove)

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by aceman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:17 pm

from my view south of the city adelaideian still looks taller. I'm also waiting to see when they're both complete whether westpac will still appear higher if that makes sense

Neko Neko Peko Peko
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 12:23 am

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by Neko Neko Peko Peko » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:36 am

Adelaidian is looking crazy tall coming from the south at the moment! Realm is a little bit behind but looking great!!! So exciting to see the skyline forming!

TheCrown1
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:23 pm

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by TheCrown1 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:28 am

aceman wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:17 pm
from my view south of the city adelaideian still looks taller. I'm also waiting to see when they're both complete whether westpac will still appear higher if that makes sense
Does anyone have a photo of the complete skyline? I don't live in Adelaide but keen to see how these buildings are impacting the skyline.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6997
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by Ben » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:49 am

Not complete but I took this yesterday. realm looks bigger from south side.
Attachments
D6C4CEAB-EB6D-4658-9277-2DAE94531F10.jpeg

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by normh » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:53 am

TheCrown1 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:28 am
aceman wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:17 pm
from my view south of the city adelaideian still looks taller. I'm also waiting to see when they're both complete whether westpac will still appear higher if that makes sense
Does anyone have a photo of the complete skyline? I don't live in Adelaide but keen to see how these buildings are impacting the skyline.
have a squiz at message #1157 photo taken from aircraft coming in to land by prodigal and #1171 taken from the torrens footbridge by EBG.

cheers.

User avatar
Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2500
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:29 pm
Location: In your head

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by Ho Really » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:21 pm

Ben wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:49 am
Not complete but I took this yesterday. realm looks bigger from south side.
Ben, if you have a tripod use that and a spirit level. The vertical lines need to be perpendicular to the floor. Of course try your best.

I straightened the image up and used guide lines to see how much higher Realm is compared to Adelaidean. Yes it is taller to the top of the core formwork. I suspect when the two levels (in steel) are added to Adelaidean it should be level or just slightly higher than Realm. We've got to remember Adelaidean is slightly disadvantaged by ground level being several metres lower. So really in the end they should both look the same height. I also think Westpac might still look higher thanks to the ground level there. When the development on the corner of KWS and Currie goes ahead that might look taller than Westpac, perhaps by a metre. Interesting.

Cheers

P.S. Is there one more core rise on Realm? Will we see a pine tree erected?
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2313
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by Pikey » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:44 pm

I just checked today, level 37 is exposed on the core, so 38 in the box. Potentially three more rises (depending on the size of the lift motor room.)
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2313
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

Post by Pikey » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:45 pm

Ho Really wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:21 pm
Ben wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:49 am
Not complete but I took this yesterday. realm looks bigger from south side.
Ben, if you have a tripod use that and a spirit level. The vertical lines need to be perpendicular to the floor. Of course try your best.

I straightened the image up and used guide lines to see how much higher Realm is compared to Adelaidean. Yes it is taller to the top of the core formwork. I suspect when the two levels (in steel) are added to Adelaidean it should be level or just slightly higher than Realm. We've got to remember Adelaidean is slightly disadvantaged by ground level being several metres lower. So really in the end they should both look the same height. I also think Westpac might still look higher thanks to the ground level there. When the development on the corner of KWS and Currie goes ahead that might look taller than Westpac, perhaps by a metre. Interesting.

Cheers

P.S. Is there one more core rise on Realm? Will we see a pine tree erected?
Topping out ceremonies using trees don't usually occur until the last concrete is poured.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Post Reply