[U/C] 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1833
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 244 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1276 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Pikey wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:13 am
From what I can see there's some prefabricated concrete panels added to the core now. Definitely getting taller.
They're definitely going up a few more levels, noticed yesterday that they've added more of that exterior mesh safety framing on the northern size of the building above where the current top floor sits.

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 222 times
Been thanked: 90 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1277 Post by HiTouch » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:22 am

If you look at where it's "topped out", it looks like a foundation for something on top.

Is the crane at it's peak? Or can it go any higher?
rev wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am
If the parklands are so important why dont they put it to a vote state wide? Or are they afraid the majority will back this hotel..

User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2281
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 352 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1278 Post by Pikey » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:44 am

HiTouch wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:22 am
If you look at where it's "topped out", it looks like a foundation for something on top.

Is the crane at its peak? Or can it go any higher?
It's at it's highest without breaching PANOPS. I believe there may have been an application to breach this limit for three months, so there may be another crane rise, albeit a small one.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

CDJ
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:30 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 165 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1279 Post by CDJ » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:56 am

Pikey wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:44 am
HiTouch wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:22 am
If you look at where it's "topped out", it looks like a foundation for something on top.

Is the crane at its peak? Or can it go any higher?
It's at it's highest without breaching PANOPS. I believe there may have been an application to breach this limit for three months, so there may be another crane rise, albeit a small one.
PANS-OPS isn't the limiting surface in that location - the RTCC is the airspace limit for most of the eastern half of the CBD. The RTCC exactly matches the tallest antenna on Westpac (182.9m AHD or approx 136m above ground). Approval is required to breach the RTCC for any amount of time. I assume Adelaidean needs a lot more than 1m crane clearance to build the top levels, so they must have an approval to breach the RTCC.

User avatar
Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1531
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 476 times
Been thanked: 703 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1280 Post by Llessur2002 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:27 am

From just now:

Image

Image

BSK
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:47 pm
Been thanked: 13 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1281 Post by BSK » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:32 pm

CDJ wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:56 am
PANS-OPS isn't the limiting surface in that location - the RTCC is the airspace limit for most of the eastern half of the CBD. The RTCC exactly matches the tallest antenna on Westpac (182.9m AHD or approx 136m above ground). Approval is required to breach the RTCC for any amount of time. I assume Adelaidean needs a lot more than 1m crane clearance to build the top levels, so they must have an approval to breach the RTCC.
Crane is currently at it's limit. However, to my understanding, the jib of the crane currently isn't high enough to hoist and erect the pre-cast concrete panels for the final level. They will most likely have to add another section to jump the crane that little bit higher. Knowing Samaras, whether he seeks approval is another story (pun intended).

User avatar
AndyWelsh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 549 times

[U/C] 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1282 Post by AndyWelsh » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:51 pm

As we’re talking about how/when this development reaches the top, this is what the top is supposed to look like.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1833
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 244 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1283 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:34 am

AndyWelsh wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:51 pm
As we’re talking about how/when this development reaches the top, this is what the top is supposed to look like.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, the glass... How deceiving.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 308 times
Been thanked: 55 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1284 Post by Mpol03 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:57 am

Also the shape... I can’t see those subtle angles in the final design.

User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2281
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 352 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1285 Post by Pikey » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:24 am

That's an old render, notice the corner balconies in the centre section? They were removed in a design revision, which presumably was when the facade change occurred.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2281
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 352 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1286 Post by Pikey » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:20 am

Also the first half floor (level 36?) has been formed up from what I can see from my vantage point.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

User avatar
AndyWelsh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 549 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1287 Post by AndyWelsh » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Pikey wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:24 am
That's an old render, notice the corner balconies in the centre section? They were removed in a design revision, which presumably was when the facade change occurred.
Is this the old render on their marketing website too?! http://www.adelaideanliving.com.au/

They should have updated this surely?

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2595
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 651 times
Been thanked: 305 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1288 Post by SRW » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:13 pm

Pikey wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:24 am
That's an old render, notice the corner balconies in the centre section? They were removed in a design revision, which presumably was when the facade change occurred.
Aside the deletion of balconies and the proposed (but not approved) change to pickup/dropoff, there were minimal changes. The roofline remains essentially the same.
roofline.jpg
Keep Adelaide Weird

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 222 times
Been thanked: 90 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1289 Post by HiTouch » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:48 am

Kyren should have gone to the same window glass shop as Charter Hall. GPO’s shiny glass would look great on this building.
rev wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am
If the parklands are so important why dont they put it to a vote state wide? Or are they afraid the majority will back this hotel..

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 96 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1290 Post by normh » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:31 am

BSK wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:32 pm
CDJ wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:56 am
PANS-OPS isn't the limiting surface in that location - the RTCC is the airspace limit for most of the eastern half of the CBD. The RTCC exactly matches the tallest antenna on Westpac (182.9m AHD or approx 136m above ground). Approval is required to breach the RTCC for any amount of time. I assume Adelaidean needs a lot more than 1m crane clearance to build the top levels, so they must have an approval to breach the RTCC.
Crane is currently at it's limit. However, to my understanding, the jib of the crane currently isn't high enough to hoist and erect the pre-cast concrete panels for the final level. They will most likely have to add another section to jump the crane that little bit higher. Knowing Samaras, whether he seeks approval is another story (pun intended).
Hi, I have not been able to find the "aviation" section for this development but I did find the DAC document for REALM Adelaide, it would appear there are no permits available to allow any crane to penetrate RTCC for any length of time.

4.3 Building Height in Relation to Radar Terrain Clearance Chart (RTCC).
Airservices has established a RTCC above the Adelaide CBD to a height of 182.8m AHD. A building to a height of 175.48m AHD is 7.32m beneath the RTCC surface. No temporary penetration by a construction crane is permitted into the RTCC.

Full information can be found here https://www.dac.sa.gov.au/__data/assets ... s_-_3d.pdf

I found it quite helpful in understanding a lot of this stuff. It made it quite clear to me that due to the RTCC the Adelaide CBD will never see a building height greater than what we currently have/getting. Unless aircraft requirements in the future change and they lift the RTCC (or move the Airport to Two Wells) :lol:

cheers

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests