News & Developments: Port Adelaide

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#931 Post by Norman » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:07 am

PeFe wrote:Image

Pity it isn't taller.....still its a welcome addition to the Port landscape...(if it goes ahead)
Where is this one located?

PeFe
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#932 Post by PeFe » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:29 am

1 Santo Parade

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#933 Post by how good is he » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:52 am

and Corner St Vincent St..on the vacant land next to The Colac Hotel which will also be totally re-developed/extended etc.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#934 Post by I Follow PAFC » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:13 pm

Wish Fletcher's Slip was getting something like this but higher.
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

eKwatee
High Rise Poster!

#935 Post by eKwatee » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:42 pm

I know it's just a render, however I don't know how a coffee shop would go here. If you were driving past, the new liberty convenience store just a few doors down is set up really well inside and would be the place to go for refreshments, coffee, cake etc, and I don't believe this building would get allot of passing foot traffic.

Also that whole north eastern section of St Vincent St East is coming along nicely. The new liberty convenience store, Quinn Marine and a few other businesses have moved into the end of that street. So much nicer to drive past now when heading to the Port River Expressway from Port Adelaide. Then once this development along with the Converted Hotel and the completion of the Southern section of Dock One, then this pocket will be almost finished.

Good times for the Port.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#936 Post by rev » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:06 pm

eKwatee wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:42 pm
I know it's just a render, however I don't know how a coffee shop would go here. If you were driving past, the new liberty convenience store just a few doors down is set up really well inside and would be the place to go for refreshments, coffee, cake etc, and I don't believe this building would get allot of passing foot traffic.

Also that whole north eastern section of St Vincent St East is coming along nicely. The new liberty convenience store, Quinn Marine and a few other businesses have moved into the end of that street. So much nicer to drive past now when heading to the Port River Expressway from Port Adelaide. Then once this development along with the Converted Hotel and the completion of the Southern section of Dock One, then this pocket will be almost finished.

Good times for the Port.
You'd go to the servo or maccas drive through while you're on the go. You wouldn't go say on a coffee date to your local Liberty petrol station. Well, I wouldn't but whatever floats peoples boats I guess :mrgreen:

This development is right next to the Dock One development, so I think they'll do fine. Plus the redevelopment of the old customs tower is a few steps away.

bits
Legendary Member!

#937 Post by bits » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:07 pm

Rev the romantic!
So your advice is people should not use a service station as a first date location?!

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#938 Post by how good is he » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:32 pm

When in Melb recently around dinner time there was about 15 to 20 people lining up to buy food/dinner inside the Coles express (not sure if they were homeless) but there was not even a car/person filling petrol. Maybe the next big food trend, taking the family to a servo for dinner.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#939 Post by SRW » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:35 am

how good is he wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:32 pm
When in Melb recently around dinner time there was about 15 to 20 people lining up to buy food/dinner inside the Coles express (not sure if they were homeless) but there was not even a car/person filling petrol. Maybe the next big food trend, taking the family to a servo for dinner.
It's not that far-fetched. Ready-made food is a booming category. It's part of the reason why David Jones has teamed up with BP to open food halls in select locations.
Keep Adelaide Weird

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#940 Post by I Follow PAFC » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:33 pm

This afternoon, another major Port Adelaide development got underway as Mayor Claire Boan joined PAFC legend Russell Ebert and Darcy Byrne Jones to turn the sod on the site of the new Colac Hotel. Locally-based developers Dominion Homes will be redeveloping the hotel and constructing 14 new apartments on St Vincent Street, in the heart of the Port, and expect to generate up to 100 jobs during construction.
http://www.cityofpae.sa.gov.au/page.aspx?c=57787

SBD

#941 Post by SBD » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:26 pm

bits wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:07 pm
Rev the romantic!
So your advice is people should not use a service station as a first date location?!
I knew a couple about ten years ago that preferred coffee dates at C Coffee (OTR servo) rather than Macca's for late-night coffee. The local alternatives were pubs or hoping that Cafe Primo or Fasta Pasta hadn't quite closed yet. There aren't late-night cafes in all the suburbs.

A multi-purpose convenience site is more likely to be economical to staff in many places than a dedicated all-hours cafe. Villi's seems to be busy at all hours, but I suspect it is drawing passing traffic from a much wider area (like when I drop in there).

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#942 Post by I Follow PAFC » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Fletcher's Slip.
Photos taken on 13 December 2019.
Attachments
20191213_123724.jpg
20191213_123722.jpg
20191213_123729.jpg

PeFe

#943 Post by PeFe » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Those barren photos got me interested to see what will be built threre.

https://fletchersslip.com.au/neighbourhood/

Anyway here is the developers website.......Lightsview at the Port?

Could do with some more density.

TorrensSA
High Rise Poster!

#944 Post by TorrensSA » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:17 pm

What suburb is Fletchers Slip in? Google Maps shows it as being in New Port. The name New Port has a bad stigma from the last development. Are they going to link into Glanville train station at all, the last development failed on that point, right next to Ethelton Station and the station is hidden.

PeFe

#945 Post by PeFe » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:39 pm

TorrensSA wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:17 pm
What suburb is Fletchers Slip in? Google Maps shows it as being in New Port. The name New Port has a bad stigma from the last development. Are they going to link into Glanville train station at all, the last development failed on that point, right next to Ethelton Station and the station is hidden.
Well the website says "nestled between Port Adelaide and Semaphore".....why don't they be brave and just say "Port Adelaide". There is no longer the the 1950's-70's stigma there...you know run-down crime infested slaughter house pubs Port Adelaide......in fact i would say younger people would now associate the Port with a bit of "old world cool".
Are they going to link into Glanville train station at all, the last development failed on that point, right next to Ethelton Station and the station is hidden.
Oh my God where do you think you live?...Sydney?!!!

Of course not this is Adelaide, where the car is king, and public transport is hidden in the backstreets and kept as rundown as possible.....