[COM] Adelaide Airport T1 Terminal | $260m

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#46 Post by Pants » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:49 am

adelaideIndex wrote:hi, i've got some photos from the airport open days here:

http://www.adelaideindex.com/airport.php
Fantastic shots mate!

Not a bad site you have either.

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM]

#47 Post by Algernon » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:58 am

Our airport terminal just got even better!

https://hotspot.internode.on.net/coverage/

The terminal is now a wireless internet hot spot - you can use the service for internet connectivity, or use your own internode login to have full access.

BradJC
Gold-Member ;)

[COM]

#48 Post by BradJC » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:19 pm

Looks like domestic flights will commence at the new terminal a little later than expected....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 480871.htm

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#49 Post by Howie » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:32 am

Still no news on when domestic begins??

Shame i'm travelling weekend after next and was hoping to step through the new airport.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#50 Post by Will » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:00 pm

Howie wrote:Still no news on when domestic begins??

Shame i'm travelling weekend after next and was hoping to step through the new airport.
I saw on the news that the airport has announced that it is confident that the domestic terminal will be fully operational by the end on November. However an 'insider' has mentioned that realistically they expect the domestic terminal to be operational until January.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#51 Post by Howie » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:29 pm

Shame :( Well fingers crossed it'll be open to domestic flights by next friday.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#52 Post by Will » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:34 pm

Howie wrote:Shame :( Well fingers crossed it'll be open to domestic flights by next friday.
Yes it is a shame. All these setbacks are not good for Adelaide, and in particular to the traders already in the new terminal. The same news report mentioned that the Coopers shop has had to shut down its bar because of low customer levels.

I'm flying out to Tasmania on January 4, so I really hope that the terminal is open by then.

ReallyBad
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#53 Post by ReallyBad » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:16 pm

Looks like its getting closer - check this out - http://www.aal.com.au/common/uploaded_i ... Supply.pdf

Could be 2 weeks away.

ReallyBad
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#54 Post by ReallyBad » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:55 pm

FUEL SOLUTION - at last

Check this out http://www.aal.com.au/common/uploaded_i ... lution.pdf

Domestic terminal available from December 21 2005

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#55 Post by Howie » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:15 pm

hoping it'd be open by the weekend.... better late than never i suppose... :)

sam
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#56 Post by sam » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:22 pm

I remember reading/hearing something about Qantas and Virgin not wanting to move to the new terminal in the week before or week after Christmas due to it being their busiest period. Wonder what will happen...

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#57 Post by Will » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:32 am

This is excellent news. I am relieved that this debacle is over, the longer it lasted the greater the impact it was having on the reputation of this state.

I went to the terminal last weekend, and I was very impressed with it, and it will be excellent that our interstate guests will now have a dignified entrance to our city.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#58 Post by UrbanSG » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:22 pm

I can't believe it is nearly a quarter of a year since the terminal was meant to be fully opened and it still is NOT! It is very embarrassing. The longer it goes on the worse it gets. This is having a big impact on our State's reputation and no doubt it is starting to dent the good level of business confidenece that was developing in this State.

I also can't believe the manager bloke at the Airport, Phil Baker is it? Is on 2 weeks holiday atm. I mean I understand everyone is entitled to their holidays but it is a bit rich still taking them when the situation is such a mess! The latest I heard last night is Airport management has given up and decided to just say they don't know when the terminal will open, GREAT! If they don't even have an idea then the situation is out of control :(

It is a shame that such a positive development has been ruined and turned negative so easily. Even once the terminal opens people will still remember the fuel issue long after.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#59 Post by Pants » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:07 pm

It's getting pretty ridiculous mate.

I agree that alot of momentum has been lost.

I'm a bit more confident that it can be re-gained and the "feel good factor" re-invived when it starts operating, but yeah, it's definately an embarrassment.

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#60 Post by Al » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:03 pm

What exactly is the holdup? Last I heard the fuel contamination was cleared but are they saying it's not cleared now? I think the people who installed the system (Exxon) should be made a bit more accountable. If they can't assess the extend and solve a contamination problem in the time they've had, how are these people going to perform under a real emergency like a crash landing or terrorist attack?