News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

#2611 Post by Ho Really » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 pm

For your enjoyment...

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Patrick_27

#2612 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:30 pm

Ho Really wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 pm
For your enjoyment...

Cheers
I can't help but feel that this upgrade is a missed opportunity to put Qantas Club and Virgin Lounge on a third level; not only would it give better views for members, but it would also clear out a sizeable footprint of level two for more retail and perhaps a second foodcourt on the western end.

Ho Really

#2613 Post by Ho Really » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:56 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:30 pm
I can't help but feel that this upgrade is a missed opportunity to put Qantas Club and Virgin Lounge on a third level; not only would it give better views for members, but it would also clear out a sizeable footprint of level two for more retail and perhaps a second foodcourt on the western end.
That would mean a third level. Basically on the roof. It would have been nice to have tarmac views. Unfortunately it wasn't in the original layout of the terminal. There are other things they could have done better as well straight from the beginning. Like a wider terminal building that would've kept International Departures (emigration/passport control) on the same level (Level 2).

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#2614 Post by Eurostar » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:45 am

So Cibo is gone? You mean I now have to go to Muffin Break then go back the other way to get my Tiger flights. Is Hudson's staying? Pity there is no McDonalds, not happy Jan. At least a Carl's Junior , we ain't all made of money.

NYG
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#2615 Post by NYG » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:47 am

Eurostar wrote:So Cibo is gone? You mean I now have to go to Muffin Break then go back the other way to get my Tiger flights. Is Hudson's staying? Pity there is no McDonalds, not happy Jan. At least a Carl's Junior , we ain't all made of money.
Cibo still there at the moment

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2616 Post by SRW » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:20 pm

Moving the lounges to a third level is still part of the masterplan, but not envisaged for about another 10 years.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Nathan

#2617 Post by Nathan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:08 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:45 am
So Cibo is gone? You mean I now have to go to Muffin Break then go back the other way to get my Tiger flights. Is Hudson's staying? Pity there is no McDonalds, not happy Jan. At least a Carl's Junior , we ain't all made of money.
If you're worried about coffee, my sister used to work at the airport until last year and said the cafe in the hotel was the best for coffee, and past security, Cocolat was the pick (although everywhere in the airport has a bad habit of making them faaaaar too hot — a problem because of both potential burnt tasting coffee, and also when you finally get the coffee after waiting and it's only 5 minutes until boarding).

Jealous of Melbourne Airport though. They recently got a St. Ali cafe in the international terminal, and a Stomping Ground microbrewery in the Virgin terminal.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#2618 Post by Eurostar » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Nathan wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:08 pm
Eurostar wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:45 am
If you're worried about coffee, my sister used to work at the airport until last year and said the cafe in the hotel was the best for coffee, and past security, Cocolat was the pick (although everywhere in the airport has a bad habit of making them faaaaar too hot — a problem because of both potential burnt tasting coffee, and also when you finally get the coffee after waiting and it's only 5 minutes until boarding).

Jealous of Melbourne Airport though. They recently got a St. Ali cafe in the international terminal, and a Stomping Ground microbrewery in the Virgin terminal.
I usually prefer Hudson's or Cibo as I usually have half strength coffee, but of course if its around dinner time when I fly out I have Hungry Jack's meal beforehand. It puzzles me why McDonalds is not in the upgrade.

Stefan P
High Rise Poster!

#2619 Post by Stefan P » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:58 pm

Evening all,

Adelaide been hit with lots of flight reductions due to the Corona Virus...

Cathay Pacific have cancelled all flights to Adelaide from March 8th- 28th. This may continue into beyond the 28th.

China Southern have suspended Adelaide until further notice. I will be surprised if they re-start.

Singapore Airlines have also announced they will cancel 9 flights to Adelaide in May (5 May, 12 May, 14 May, 19 May, 21 May, 25 May, 27 May, 29 May, 1 June- These dates are arrival into Adelaide)
Stefan

kymbosa
High Rise Poster!

#2620 Post by kymbosa » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:36 am

I was able to have an exclusive walk through of the new section of the Adelaide Airport, where the new Virgin Lounge is going etc.

It’s very impressive, open and modern.

Phase 2 opens tomorrow with the whole project to be completed by 2021.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#2621 Post by Brucetiki » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:06 am

Stefan P wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:58 pm
Evening all,

Cathay Pacific have cancelled all flights to Adelaide from March 8th- 28th. This may continue into beyond the 28th.

China Southern have suspended Adelaide until further notice. I will be surprised if they re-start.

Singapore Airlines have also announced they will cancel 9 flights to Adelaide in May (5 May, 12 May, 14 May, 19 May, 21 May, 25 May, 27 May, 29 May, 1 June- These dates are arrival into Adelaide)
Yeah given the hoops we went though to get them here in the first place, I'd be surprised if China Southern return.

Cathay and Singapore I wouldn't stress too much about. Both have been flying to Adelaide for years, and Singapore Airlines likes to play on it's loyalty to Adelaide in it's marketing. They'll have their full Adelaide schedule back once things settle down.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#2622 Post by rev » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:48 am

GrowAdelaide
High Rise Poster!

#2623 Post by GrowAdelaide » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:06 am
Stefan P wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:58 pm
Evening all,

Yeah given the hoops we went though to get them here in the first place, I'd be surprised if China Southern return.

Cathay and Singapore I wouldn't stress too much about. Both have been flying to Adelaide for years, and Singapore Airlines likes to play on it's loyalty to Adelaide in it's marketing. They'll have their full Adelaide schedule back once things settle down.
A reliable source has informed me that China Southern are currently intending to recommence flights 22 June, which will be good news if it happens.

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

#2624 Post by adelaide transport » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Virgin CEO has today announced that it is cutting 5 routes from April. One of those is the Adelaide to Sydney route.
As well they are selling of their 7 Airbus A321 planes and will use only 737 aircraft.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2625 Post by Norman » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:53 pm

Just to clarify, this is for Tiger Air flights, not Virgin Australia. Tiger Air is a subsidiary of Virgin Australia.

This change will be in place from 27 April 2020.