News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

#241 Post by SBD » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:19 pm

The site on Womma Road (just east of Stebonheath Road, south side) that had an aluminium and steel place on it was flattened a few weeks ago. A new concrete slab building is going up, and large underground tanks being installed today, so I assume it is another new fuel outlet. There are no signs to indicate branding as far as I can see.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#242 Post by Eurostar » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:36 pm

SBD wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:19 pm
The site on Womma Road (just east of Stebonheath Road, south side) that had an aluminium and steel place on it was flattened a few weeks ago. A new concrete slab building is going up, and large underground tanks being installed today, so I assume it is another new fuel outlet. There are no signs to indicate branding as far as I can see.
I dont know if this is related or a different project.

From RealCommercial
. EXCITING RETAIL DEVELOPMENT COMING TO WOMMA ROAD EYRE BUILDING HAS NOW COMMENCED. MOBIL X SERVICE STATION COMMENCING JANUARY
ADACENT TO AV JENNINGS 'EYRE' DEVELOPMEN
LOCATED OPPOSITE NEW PLAYING FIELDS
EASY ACCESS TO ADELAIDE CBS
The development will be anchored by a Mobil X Service Station.

Only 4 Vacancies left in this exciting new Development. Join Pizza Bar, Laundromat and Chicken shop, Suitable for Cafe/Bakery, Indian Takeaway, Burger Bar and other food and services usages. Shop sizes from 90 sqm - 160 sqm. Get in now and secure your tenancy!
Attachments
image0.jpg
Servo

SBD

#243 Post by SBD » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:53 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:36 pm
SBD wrote:

From RealCommercial
. EXCITING RETAIL DEVELOPMENT COMING TO WOMMA ROAD EYRE BUILDING HAS NOW COMMENCED. MOBIL X SERVICE STATION COMMENCING JANUARY

Only 4 Vacancies left in this exciting new Development. Join Pizza Bar, Laundromat and Chicken shop, Suitable for Cafe/Bakery, Indian Takeaway, Burger Bar and other food and services usages. Shop sizes from 90 sqm - 160 sqm. Get in now and secure your tenancy!
That looks like the shell so far, but is oriented wrong on the block. Yellow Pages puts the former business at 107 Womma Road, Edinburgh North. There isn't space for the rest of the complex facing Womma Road, but there would be if it faced Stebonheath Road. They are building a new driveway from Stebonheath Road across the drain this week.

Penfield is further west, so that development could be different to the one I've seen. I haven't gone that far down Womma Road, but my car GPS says there's roadworks down there. Possibly the one on Realcommercial is what Google Maps calls Liberty oil Convenience Pty Ltd.

The Scooter Guy

#244 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sat May 16, 2020 6:04 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:36 pm
SBD wrote:

From RealCommercial

I think we've got more than enough petrol stations to siphon the world's oil resources! :lol: :lol: :lol:
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#245 Post by Eurostar » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:48 pm

~ CONVENIENCE UPDATE ~
We are excited to announce our first commercial tenant coming to Springwood, X Convenience! With construction commencing shortly, X Convenience will provide residents of Gawler and Springwood with barista-made coffee, groceries, a selection of fresh food and fuel, 24/7.
Want to learn more? Take a look here: https://loom.ly/KLcrXNo

Capbld
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#246 Post by Capbld » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:56 pm

The Playford Ramada hotel has come out for Tender today.

So far only seen Romaldi involved.

SBD

#247 Post by SBD » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:46 pm

Capbld wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:56 pm
The Playford Ramada hotel has come out for Tender today.

So far only seen Romaldi involved.
At least that had not been cancelled like other things near the car park.

SBD

#248 Post by SBD » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:40 am

I finally went along Womma Road on the weekend.

Liberty Oil has opened on the southeastern corner of Womma and Stebonheath roads where the aluminium place used to be. It is a stand-alone fuel outlet.

There is an X Convenience under construction on the north side of Womma Road just west of the Eyre Sports Park. It looked like that has the other shops that were in the ad a page or so back, and has a divided road into the estate, as depicted in that render.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#249 Post by Ben » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:39 pm

A $70 million hotel in Adelaide’s north is expected to create more than 300 jobs during construction.

Ramada by Wyndham Playford is set to open by Christmas next year.

A $70 million, 205-room hotel in Elizabeth is expected to be open in time for Christmas next year and create 350 jobs during construction.
Works will begin on “Ramada by Wyndham Playford” on Wednesday, the first of its kind in the state, which will feature a swimming pool, gym, restaurant and sports bar with conference and events spaces.

The hotel was initially meant to open in early 2021.

Playford Mayor Glenn Docherty said the hotel at Lot 2 Playford Boulevard would be a “much anticipated” addition to the area, situated near the Civic Centre, Shedley Theatre and Grenville Hub.

The land is next to a multistorey carpark which the council built with its own funds predominantly to service the hotel.
Mr Docherty said it would provide high quality accommodation in Adelaide’s north while delivering 200 ongoing positions.
Popular retirement community hub, the Grenville Centre, was levelled for the hotel in 2019.

Playford City Hotel owner Andrew Russell-Price said it would service “one of the nation’s key defence hubs”, the RAAF Edinburgh base, and other government agencies across the city.

“Located just 15 minutes away from the Barossa Valley, it also makes one of the region’s key attractions easier to access,” Mr Russell-Price said.

Construction is expected to be completed by October next year with a grand opening slated for Christmas that year.
Wyndham Destinations international operationas president Barry Robinson said it would bring an “elevated calibre of accommodation”.
“It is an expression of confidence in the future of the city and the resilience of the state’s hotel sector, which overcame the disruptions of COVID-19,” Mr Robinson said.

Wyndham Hotels & Resort has over 1500 hotels across the Asia Pacific.

The company’s Asia Pacific head of development Matt Holmes said it would play a significant role in the area’s emergence as a “gateway city” to the state’s northern regional areas.
Attachments
Ramada.JPG

PeFe

#250 Post by PeFe » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:31 pm

New mushroom farm in the industrial estate that was the Holden manufacturing plant.

From the ABC
Mushrooms to be exported from new production plant at Adelaide's former Holden site

The site is expected to produce 20,000 tonnes of exotic mushrooms and produce per year.(ABC News: Matthew Smith)

More than five years after the lights were switched off at Adelaide's Holden plant, the site is now on the verge of becoming another manufacturing and export powerhouse.

But, instead of sedans and station wagons, it is thousands of tonnes of mushrooms that are set to begin rolling off the production line.

A new $110 million facility will turn the former car hub into what the SA government has described as the "exotic mushroom capital of Australia", run by local producer Epicurean Food Group.

The site will supply produce to supermarkets and restaurants, but also will have an on-site lab and commercial kitchen to turn second-rate mushrooms into vegan products like burger patties.

"We start with white oyster mushrooms, then we will go into shiitake, enoki and king oyster," Epicurean Food Group chief executive officer Kenneth King said.

Six growing rooms will start producing 20 tonnes of mushrooms per week from late February, before output ramps up to an estimated 20,000 tonnes of raw mushrooms and mushroom products per year.

"When I'm finished here, with the real estate that I've taken on, I will produce around 600 tonnes of mushrooms a week," Mr King said.

"[We want to] introduce a lot of the population to the product, bring it to the menu, bring it to their daily consumption because they're very healthy.

"But also, we value-add — we make burgers and balls and sausages, crumble, meals, and that gives us the ability to freeze them down and export."

Local producer Epicurean Food Group says its products are destined for restaurants, supermarket shelves and export.(Supplied: SA Government)
A current workforce of 37 full-time employees — which includes ex-Holden workers — is expected to expand to about 350 over the next 15 months.

"I've got a number of ex-Holden people and they're wonderful workers. They've been really well received," he said.

Mr King said the farm would be the largest of its kind nationally by the time it is complete, which is expected to be around mid-2024.

"This will be the only truly professional-style exotic mushroom farm in the country. There are lots of others, but no-one has ever gone to the extent that I have," he said.

"In Australia … the industry has never had the ability to grow 52 weeks of the year, so we look for some real strong growth based upon the fact that we can provide right across the spectrum.

"This is a very developed farm, it's very high tech. It costs money to build, but you get a result."

A Trade and Investment Minister Nick Champion said the mushroom farm joined other enterprises on the site, including a home-battery producer and fuel depot.

"South Australia already accounts for some 17 per cent of Australia's mushroom production and this will help to drive that figure up," he said.

"It creates a really good supply chain, not just mushroom supply into supermarkets and the like but also into high-end restaurants."

The site will include specially built growing rooms with columns up to 13 metres high, and Mr King said there were other flow-on effects, including environmental ones.

"It's a very circular business," he said.

"We take a waste product from the barley farmers and the wheat farmers, we bring that here, we turn that into high-value substrate, we then return that back to the system via a green digester and we make green energy."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-31/ ... /101910078
Also the In Daily version of the same story

https://indaily.com.au/news/2023/01/31/ ... lden-site/

1NEEDS2POST
High Rise Poster!

#251 Post by 1NEEDS2POST » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:35 pm

It's great that they're doing something useful with the site, but I hate to see all that plastic packaging used when there are alternatives.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#252 Post by Ben » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:37 pm

Ben wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:39 pm
A $70 million hotel in Adelaide’s north is expected to create more than 300 jobs during construction.

A $70 million, 205-room hotel in Elizabeth is expected to be open in time for Christmas next year and create 350 jobs during construction.
Works will begin on “Ramada by Wyndham Playford” on Wednesday, the first of its kind in the state, which will feature a swimming pool, gym, restaurant and sports bar with conference and events spaces.

Playford Mayor Glenn Docherty said the hotel at Lot 2 Playford Boulevard would be a “much anticipated” addition to the area, situated near the Civic Centre, Shedley Theatre and Grenville Hub.

The land is next to a multistorey carpark which the council built with its own funds predominantly to service the hotel.
Mr Docherty said it would provide high quality accommodation in Adelaide’s north while delivering 200 ongoing positions.
Popular retirement community hub, the Grenville Centre, was levelled for the hotel in 2019.

Playford City Hotel owner Andrew Russell-Price said it would service “one of the nation’s key defence hubs”, the RAAF Edinburgh base, and other government agencies across the city.

“Located just 15 minutes away from the Barossa Valley, it also makes one of the region’s key attractions easier to access,” Mr Russell-Price said.

Construction is expected to be completed by October next year with a grand opening slated for Christmas that year.
Wyndham Destinations international operationas president Barry Robinson said it would bring an “elevated calibre of accommodation”.
“It is an expression of confidence in the future of the city and the resilience of the state’s hotel sector, which overcame the disruptions of COVID-19,” Mr Robinson said.

The company’s Asia Pacific head of development Matt Holmes said it would play a significant role in the area’s emergence as a “gateway city” to the state’s northern regional areas.
Has this started?

SBD

#253 Post by SBD » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:55 pm

Ben wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:37 pm
Ben wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:39 pm

Has this started?
There seems to be a construction fence and site office, but I have not noticed any actual activity on it since the PR sod turning in early 2021. I tried to find out from a councillor last year sometime and got a fairly non-committal response. I haven't tried again for a while.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#254 Post by Eurostar » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:03 am

Bcf, Sydney Tools and Lonestar close to opening at Munno Para (old bowls club)

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#255 Post by Eurostar » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:36 pm

Civil works will begin within six months on a $40 million residential development at Munno Para, that will pave the way for a major boost in affordable housing in Adelaide’s north.

Approximately 65% of the 249 allotments created within the new Newton Boulevard stage at Playford Alive, will be sold at or below the affordable price point for land, which currently sits at $187,650.

In addition to the 161 affordable allotments for sale, 25 homes will be constructed as affordable rental properties. These dwellings will be leased to tenants at no more than 75% of market rent and be managed by a Community Housing Provider (CHP) on behalf of government.

Construction of the first homes will commence in August 2024, with the first residents to move in by late 2025.

Approximately 150 jobs will be supported each year as works progress.

Renewal SA will master plan and deliver the 16.6-hectare project, as part of the government’s latest major investment in Playford Alive. The new stage is expected to feature a broad mix of allotment sizes providing flexibility for a diverse range of house designs and living options.

The Newton Boulevard development is the latest affordable housing project to be prioritised as part of the government’s A Better Housing Future plan.

It will also act as a catalyst for significant and much needed infrastructure improvements in the area. The state government will support the extension of Newton Boulevard west to meet Stebonheath Road, providing better connections for residents across the suburb, including the creation of a seamless corridor through to Mark Oliphant College and assisting to alleviate traffic congestion on nearby Curtis Road.

The Newton Boulevard extension is targeted to open around October next year.
https://renewalsa.sa.gov.au/news/newton ... ford-alive