Federal election 2022

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.

Who are you voting for in the 2022 Australian Federal Election

Liberal
13%
Labor
34%
Greens
28%
One Nation
9%
Nationals
No votes
Australia United
No votes
Independant
16%

Total votes: 32

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Federal election 2022

#46 Post by Nort » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:39 am

Nathan wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:30 am
I think it's more concerning the different standards that Albanese and Morrison are being held to. Most of Morrison's many gaffes get played into the "daggy dad" persona and are fairly quickly forgotten about — and yet Albanese's slip up is getting hammered by the media. I'm not saying it wasn't a misstep (it certainly was), but the reaction is completely disproportionate.
All glory be to Murdoch.

Nathan

#47 Post by Nathan » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:50 am

Nort wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:39 am
Nathan wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:30 am
I think it's more concerning the different standards that Albanese and Morrison are being held to. Most of Morrison's many gaffes get played into the "daggy dad" persona and are fairly quickly forgotten about — and yet Albanese's slip up is getting hammered by the media. I'm not saying it wasn't a misstep (it certainly was), but the reaction is completely disproportionate.
All glory be to Murdoch.
It's not even just Murdoch anymore. While being stuck at Melbourne airport last night, they had ABC News running on the screens, and it had pretty much a permanent position in the ticker. Never mind the Liberal's empty beer cans.

ghs

#48 Post by ghs » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:43 pm

Nort wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:00 am
There's been plenty of occasions when leaders haven't recalled the numbers offhand or gotten them wrong in previous election campaigns (including supposed best PM ever :lol: John Howard) that basically just got footnotes in reporting of the day.
I don’t accept your argument.
John Howard did make a mistake with the cash rate, but he then lost the 2007 election !

Albanese made a small mistake yesterday, but it shows that he’s not very smart.

To make an analogy, if you were to go to a CEO or director of a public company such as ANZ or NAB,
I am sure they would be able to tell you the current share price.

Nathan

#49 Post by Nathan » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:19 pm

ghs wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:43 pm
Memorising numbers is not intelligence.

ghs

#50 Post by ghs » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:31 pm

Nathan wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:19 pm
ghs wrote:
Mate, Albanese was there 2 weeks ago on budget night when Frydenberg said that unemployment is 4%.

What was Albanese doing.....sleeping ? playing pocket pinball ?

Nort

#51 Post by Nort » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:56 pm

ghs wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:31 pm
Nathan wrote:
ghs wrote:
Mate, Albanese was there 2 weeks ago on budget night when Frydenberg said that unemployment is 4%.

Man if you're this worked up over this I can't wait to see how much you critique Morrison for not being able to remember the price of bread, the price of milk, conversations with Dutton about being Duttons deputy in a spill, no recollections about putting forward plans as immigration minister to detain people awaiting bridging visas, saying he can't recall a single instance of lying in public life, saying he isn't part of the church group he has been photographed in, saying he barely knows the man he namedropped in his maiden speech to parliament and tried to get an invite to the White House with him, needed to talk to Jenny to realise that rape was bad because what if it had happened to his girls, made public false allegations of a sexual harassment case against a media organization to deflect from his own mistakes, and everything else he's done over the past 3 years as PM.

Look forward to it.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#52 Post by rev » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:02 pm

Nort wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:56 pm
ghs wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:31 pm
Nathan wrote:

Man if you're this worked up over this I can't wait to see how much you critique Morrison for not being able to remember the price of bread, the price of milk, conversations with Dutton about being Duttons deputy in a spill, no recollections about putting forward plans as immigration minister to detain people awaiting bridging visas, saying he can't recall a single instance of lying in public life, saying he isn't part of the church group he has been photographed in, saying he barely knows the man he namedropped in his maiden speech to parliament and tried to get an invite to the White House with him, needed to talk to Jenny to realise that rape was bad because what if it had happened to his girls, made public false allegations of a sexual harassment case against a media organization to deflect from his own mistakes, and everything else he's done over the past 3 years as PM.

Look forward to it.
Never mind what the Liberal National coalition can recall when they are out of touch with the reality of everyday Australians.

Apparently the UAP and PHON are running candidates in all 153 seats, so that's our alternative governments to the alternative government. Not much of a choice between Labor, Liberal, United Australia and One Nation.

A-Town
High Rise Poster!

#53 Post by A-Town » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:51 pm

Nort wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:39 pm
ghs wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:38 pm
rev wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:26 am
Maybe our shitty politicians and their even shittier behaviour is just a sad and honest reflection our of society.
Today albanese wasn’t even able to recall the unemployment rate.
I can’t believe how hopeless our politicians are.
Total beat up.
It's really not though. The official cash rate is extremely important given it's expected to rise in the next few months and cause even more financial strain on millions of Australians. I agree that the unemployment rate criticism is more of a beat up, given how easily manipulated those figures can be.

A-Town
High Rise Poster!

#54 Post by A-Town » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:53 pm

ghs wrote:
Nort wrote:
There's been plenty of occasions when leaders haven't recalled the numbers offhand or gotten them wrong in previous election campaigns (including supposed best PM ever :lol: John Howard) that basically just got footnotes in reporting of the day.
John Howard did make a mistake with the cash rate, but he then lost the 2007 election !

To make an analogy, if you were to go to a CEO or director of a public company such as ANZ or NAB,
It's not that he's unintelligent, it just shows that he's prone to gaffes when not reading from a script. Expect him to turn into Australia's version of Joe Biden if he gets elected and has to face the media almost daily.

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#55 Post by gnrc_louis » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:24 pm

A-Town wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:53 pm
ghs wrote:
Nort wrote:

It's not that he's unintelligent, it just shows that he's prone to gaffes when not reading from a script. Expect him to turn into Australia's version of Joe Biden if he gets elected and has to face the media almost daily.
That's a pretty big conclusion to draw for someone who forgot two sets of numbers.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#56 Post by rev » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:42 pm

A-Town wrote:
Expect him to turn into Australia's version of Joe Biden if he gets elected and has to face the media almost daily.
That's a ridiculous claim to make.

rubberman

#57 Post by rubberman » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:07 am

A-Town wrote:
ghs wrote:
Nort wrote:

It's still a step up from a corrupt and vicious alternative...in both cases.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#58 Post by HiTouch » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:43 pm

"If you're not voting Greens, you're actually a horrible person" - Something a Greens voter would say.

Nort

#59 Post by Nort » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:45 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:43 pm
"If you're not voting Greens, you're actually a horrible person" - Something a Greens voter would say.
Greens voter here, according to the poll there are quite a few of us who have been in this thread, and I haven't seen any posts like that in this thread?

At least we can all agree it's good that no-one seems to be supporting Palmers Vanity Party yet. :lol:

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#60 Post by HiTouch » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:54 pm

Nort wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:45 pm
HiTouch wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:43 pm
Greens voter here, according to the poll there are quite a few of us who have been in this thread, and I haven't seen any posts like that in this thread?

At least we can all agree it's good that no-one seems to be supporting Palmers Vanity Party yet. :lol:
You don't seem like a Greens voter...
I am more impressed nobody in South Australia votes for the National party. They treat us South Aussies like crap and it was a wonder they even tried to be in the State election.