SA Economy

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
abc
Legendary Member!

Re: SA Economy

#766 Post by abc » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:11 am

Spurdo wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:53 pm
abc wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:37 pm
the majority will never realise...they still haven't figured out the number that was done on them with covid and the jibby jab
they'll just blame climate change
What the actual f*ck does the Covid vaccine have to do with economic collapse? I swear one day I expect to come on here and see you ranting about the “Zionist Occupied Government” or some stupid brainlet shit
exhibit C

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#767 Post by mattblack » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:45 pm

abc wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:11 am
Spurdo wrote:
abc wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:37 pm
the majority will never realise...they still haven't figured out the number that was done on them with covid and the jibby jab
they'll just blame climate change
What the actual f*ck does the Covid vaccine have to do with economic collapse? I swear one day I expect to come on here and see you ranting about the “Zionist Occupied Government” or some stupid brainlet shit
exhibit C

abc believes in tin hat economics. Pretty sure that he hasn't had standard vaccinations like Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, any/all Hepatitis, Meningococcals, Influenza, Measles, Mumps or Rubella either.

He's the lucky one, he has no microchip injected and (for better or worse) has not been made impotent but the 'jibby jab'.

Better have faith in him, he will be the one to save us once the world is in economic collapse and climate change has been proven to be fake after some 15 year old kid admits to installing fake news into the microchips most of us have. He is planning on enjoying his annual leave in balmy Antarctic however.

abc
Legendary Member!

#768 Post by abc » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:30 pm

mattblack wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:45 pm
abc wrote:
Spurdo wrote:

exhibit C

abc believes in tin hat economics. Pretty sure that he hasn't had standard vaccinations like Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, any/all Hepatitis, Meningococcals, Influenza, Measles, Mumps or Rubella either.

He's the lucky one, he has no microchip injected and (for better or worse) has not been made impotent but the 'jibby jab'.

Better have faith in him, he will be the one to save us once the world is in economic collapse and climate change has been proven to be fake after some 15 year old kid admits to installing fake news into the microchips most of us have. He is planning on enjoying his annual leave in balmy Antarctic however.
exhibit D

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#769 Post by rev » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:32 pm

mattblack wrote:
abc wrote:
Spurdo wrote:

exhibit C

His covid/climate change opinions might be posted in the wrong thread, but I don't think we should be taking the piss out of people because of the choices they've made.
It's his choice if he has, or hasn't, had a vaccine against covid, and his choice has no impact on anyone else.

abc
Legendary Member!

#770 Post by abc » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:45 pm

heartened by the fact that 'majority' might only be a noisy minority of around 40%

Spurdo
High Rise Poster!

#771 Post by Spurdo » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:42 pm

abc wrote:
exhibit C
Exhibit L

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#772 Post by mattblack » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:49 am

rev wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:32 pm
mattblack wrote:
abc wrote:

exhibit C

His covid/climate change opinions might be posted in the wrong thread, but I don't think we should be taking the piss out of people because of the choices they've made.
It's his choice if he has, or hasn't, had a vaccine against covid, and his choice has no impact on anyone else.
I think you'll find that he was taking the piss out of people who took the "jibby jab". It deserved an adequate response, framed in the same maturity. As for his stance on climate change, I think that may impact, in it's own meaningless way, maybe everybody.

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#773 Post by mattblack » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:50 am

I'll save you the hassle abc ....

Exhibit E.

abc
Legendary Member!

#774 Post by abc » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:13 pm

mattblack wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:50 am
I'll save you the hassle abc ....

Exhibit E.
you've already been identified as Exhibit D

somewhat apt if I say so

Spurdo
High Rise Poster!

#775 Post by Spurdo » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:36 pm

abc wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:13 pm

somewhat apt if I say so
How long you gonna keep this stupid tit-for-tat bs up?

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#776 Post by mattblack » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:29 am

Spurdo wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:36 pm
abc wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:13 pm

somewhat apt if I say so
How long you gonna keep this stupid tit-for-tat bs up?
You won't get an answer from abc, but from my side I will continue to call out his negative unfounded bs if I see his posts. If he actually posts something with any assemblance of intelligence I will be the first to applaude and possibly even agree. Until then I will tap out of this one.

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#777 Post by mattblack » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:56 pm

Further positive news
SA’s first state of the art $50m biosecurity treatment facility to boost state's horticulture exports
Release date: 20/10/23
The Australian and State Governments along with the South Australian Produce Market have today announced the development of a $50 million biosecurity facility, based in Pooraka, in Adelaide’s northern suburbs.
A state first for South Australia, the post-harvest treatment facility will provide inspection, quarantine and treatment of fruit and vegetable produce which is vital for exporting SA’s produce globally.

The industry led initiative is funded through $9.8 million in Federal Government funding, $4.2 million from the State Government and $36 million from industry. The facility will use pressure cooling and treatment technology and will be the largest-scale multi-treatment and inspection facility in South Australia.

Once completed the project will unlock an additional $100M in fresh produce exports over a 5-year period creating up to 172 direct and indirect on-going jobs and assist in cost reduction for the state’s primary producers.

Currently South Australian producers are required to send their produce to Victoria or Queensland for treatment. This new facility is set to reduce those transport costs and improve profitability for SA producers, which in turn will lower product wastage and help reduce the cost of produce at the supermarket.

The project will establish a post-harvest treatment service with pressure cooling and treatment technology, both of which are required to enable export of South Australian produce to more overseas destinations.

SA growers have previously faced challenges in selling to certain markets in times of fruit fly outbreaks. In 2020 and 2021 SA had a Med Fly outbreak in metropolitan Adelaide and is currently experiencing a prolonged Q-Fly outbreak in parts of the Riverland.

Built on the site of the SA Produce Market at Burma Road, Pooraka, the facility will play a vital role in protecting and expanding the state’s growing $1.4 billion horticultural industry.

There are restrictions within Australia and export countries on what produce is allowed to enter each state or country based on what pests and diseases are prevalent in the region where the fruit is grown. With the current Q-fly outbreak in the Riverland, produce cannot be sent from the Riverland to other parts of South Australia, Tasmania, or WA where Q-fly does not have a presence, unless it is treated.

The new biosecurity precinct will ensure produce coming from the fruit fly impacted areas within the State are able to be inspected, quarantined, and treated if required before produce is distributed overseas and to retailers across SA, WA, and NT.

With construction commencing in February 2024, this new biosecurity precinct will provide for a more sustainable alternative and has the ability to increase shelf life of fresh produce for export purposes.

The facility will also support and grow key industries identified by the State Government such as health and medical.

Quotes
Attributable to Federal Minister for Agriculture and Fishers, Murray Watt
We are committed to protecting our way of life and growing our agriculture sector.

There is no one-size-fits-all approach to tackling fruit fly, so the funding provided under the Australian Government’s Building Resilience to Manage Fruit Fly package will be aimed at several different methods of controlling this pest, including through post-harvest treatment.

These projects will contribute to driving down fruit fly pest pressure, reducing fruit fly incursions into South Australia and building industry resilience to manage this pest.

The package will give us a huge boost towards our goal of completely eradicating our current outbreaks and retaining South Australia’s fruit fly free status, as well as reducing the impacts of fruit fly nationally.

In addition to this post harvest treatment facility, the package is also providing funding to South Australia to build new and expand existing sterile insect technique facilities, update interstate trade protocols, roll out electronic plant health certification and put in additional roadblocks to protect the Riverland pest-free area.

Attributable to South Australian Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development, Clare Scriven MLC
This funding will put South Australia on the front foot in protecting and expanding our
$1.4 billion horticulture industry.

South Australia has faced challenges with fruit fly outbreaks in recent years and this biosecurity precinct will allow us to inspect, quarantine, and treat produce from affected areas, safeguarding our industry and ensuring a stable supply chain.

Producers in South Australia will no longer need to send their fresh produce interstate to be treated prior to being sold which means less costs for local producers.

Having this technology here also opens the door to other potential and exciting benefits to the State from sectors such as health and medical, space and defence.

Attributable to Minister for Trade and Investment, Nick Champion MP
This facility, the first of its kind in the nation, will ensure South Australia’s premium, clean, and green produce – the envy of the world – is protected.

The importance of safeguarding our environment for agribusiness and exports cannot be understated and will only bolster our international reputation as we are able to get produce to market faster.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#778 Post by Jaymz » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:07 am

The CommSec State of the States report has been released for the September '23 quarter. South Australia is now in outright second position.

You can download the PDF from this link if you want to see the full report.....

https://www.commbank.com.au/articles/ne ... ber23.html

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#779 Post by claybro » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:58 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:07 am
The CommSec State of the States report has been released for the September '23 quarter. South Australia is now in outright second position.

Pleasing to see, and can confirm, there is a lot more positive mention of SA in recent times in interstate media. Adelaide is not quite the butt of sad old jokes of a decade ago. A word of caution though, it shows Victoria as number 1. Their growth is fueled almost entirely of ongoing massive immigration and the necessary State Government spending on required infrastructure that all those people bring. This will not be sustainable for Victoria long term, but it appears SA is still "steady as she goes". As an historic equivalent- its almost like the early 80's where initially Victoria was steaming ahead, and SA also doing well in the early Bannon years, until the Victorian economy collapsed in debt, followed by the State bank disaster in SA. At least SA no longer owns a bank.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#780 Post by Jaymz » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:30 pm

claybro wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:58 pm
Jaymz wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:07 am

Pleasing to see, and can confirm, there is a lot more positive mention of SA in recent times in interstate media. Adelaide is not quite the butt of sad old jokes of a decade ago. A word of caution though, it shows Victoria as number 1. Their growth is fueled almost entirely of ongoing massive immigration and the necessary State Government spending on required infrastructure that all those people bring. This will not be sustainable for Victoria long term, but it appears SA is still "steady as she goes". As an historic equivalent- its almost like the early 80's where initially Victoria was steaming ahead, and SA also doing well in the early Bannon years, until the Victorian economy collapsed in debt, followed by the State bank disaster in SA. At least SA no longer owns a bank.
Yeah Victoria is an interesting result and they are really not a model to be aspiring to. Their level of state debt is almost crippling, about that of NSW's and Qld's combined. I would imagine they will see a scaling back or even cancelling of planned infrastructure projects to help get it back under control.

While S.A's population growth is the slowest of all the mainland states, it's still way above our average of 0.9% over the past couple of decades...... which in itself is considered rapid growth in other advanced economies. It is also much more manageable with regards to keeping up with infrastructure and the likes.