News & Developments: Other Suburban Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
notmichaeljfox
High Rise Poster!

Re: News & Developments: Other Suburban Retail

#76 Post by notmichaeljfox » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:06 pm

A TK Maxx is opening in Newton Village. They're taking over a former Browse In. It's not the biggest space - maybe a quarter of the Pasadena store.

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#77 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:05 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:Apparently Bunnings are temporarily moving into the Masters building at Noarlunga. The current Bunnings building will be demolished and rebuilt before they eventually move back into the rebuilt store.
Reported today is that Bunnings will shift and their current site will become Costco.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#78 Post by Eurostar » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:54 am

Pie Face opening soon at Wynn Vale United

gigi
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#79 Post by gigi » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:36 pm

Does anyone know what is planned for the old Red Rooster Harbour Town (next to McDonalds) site? RR closed in 2013, building redeveloped and sat vacant for years, the other day I noticed it being demolished!! Can anyone solve this mystery? Sorry if has been posted elsewhere...

baytram366
High Rise Poster!

#80 Post by baytram366 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:48 pm

If i was a betting man, i would bet that it will just be paved over and made into more parking.
Baytram 366's Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34520752@N07/collections

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#81 Post by neoballmon » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:11 pm

Thought that building would have been the perfect place for someone like TacoBell to make their move to Adelaide. Harbourtown would be a perfect location for any fast food restaurant to expand to Adelaide, being quite central and obviously taking advantage of heavy traffic passing by as well at the malls success.

But now that it's demolished, I agree 100% it'll be additional parking.

Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

gigi
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#82 Post by gigi » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:00 pm

You are both correct! Thanks for the replies It is indeed being converted into more parking, drove by again today....I have to admit I was secretly hoping Bottle and Bird in Whyalla would franchise out an Adelaide location there...dream on right 😀 and I agree Taco Bell would have been amazing there, an alternative to the Maccaa drive thru

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#83 Post by HeapsGood » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:46 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:05 pm
SouthAussie94 wrote:Apparently Bunnings are temporarily moving into the Masters building at Noarlunga. The current Bunnings building will be demolished and rebuilt before they eventually move back into the rebuilt store.
Reported today is that Bunnings will shift and their current site will become Costco.
Do we know what is happening with the Bunnings Noarlunga site, will it be redone, or will costco move in?
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Adeguy72
Gold-Member ;)

#84 Post by Adeguy72 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:18 pm

HeapsGood wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:46 pm

Do we know what is happening with the Bunnings Noarlunga site, will it be redone, or will costco move in?
The site is owned by BWP Trust.
The Bunnings lease expires in September 2024.
The most recent announcement on the site was they are "Considering redevelopment options"

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#85 Post by HeapsGood » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:44 pm

Spoke with a Bunnings worker recently. The Noarlunga store will move to the Masters site permanently. No idea what is happening on the Bunnings site though.
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

A-Town
High Rise Poster!

#86 Post by A-Town » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:40 pm

I thought the old Masters store be where the planned southern suburbs Costco would go.

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#87 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:04 pm

A-Town wrote:I thought the old Masters store be where the planned southern suburbs Costco would go.
Don't quote me on this, but I overheard someone say that the site was too small for Costco's liking.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.