News & Discussion: Electricity Infrastructure

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: News & Discussion: Electricity Infrastructure

#1441 Post by jk1237 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:28 pm

can we maybe stop replying to this f-wit abc? He is the most lamest, hypocritical interweb troll that has way too much time

abc
Legendary Member!

#1442 Post by abc » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:40 pm

jk1237 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:28 pm
can we maybe stop replying to this f-wit abc? He is the most lamest, hypocritical interweb troll that has way too much time
you insult me, and I'm the troll?

GTF

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1443 Post by rev » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:21 am

jk1237 wrote:
Just block each other already.

I've got fuckwit trolls like nort, algernon, and abc already blocked. Just added another moron called mpol to the block list.
The forum viewing experience is so much better not having to see trolls whining and bitching posts about others posts.

Like, if you find that all that's happening with a certain person is pointless shit dribbling like most of those peoples posts, just block them.
They still might reply to your posts like nort does, because they're needy sad little trolls, but their shit is still blocked from view. Just the occasional notification.

This what you'll see when they're trolling each other. Not only do you not see their rubbish, it also saves space :lol:
image_2024-03-20_062344100.png
image_2024-03-20_062344100.png (11.25 KiB) Viewed 324 times

rubberman
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1444 Post by rubberman » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:26 am

Last edited by rubberman on Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nort

#1445 Post by Nort » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:31 am

rev wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:21 am
jk1237 wrote:

I've got fuckwit trolls like nort, algernon, and abc already blocked. Just added another moron called mpol to the block list.
The forum viewing experience is so much better not having to see trolls whining and bitching posts about others posts.

Like, if you find that all that's happening with a certain person is pointless shit dribbling like most of those peoples posts, just block them.
They still might reply to your posts like nort does, because they're needy sad little trolls, but their shit is still blocked from view. Just the occasional notification.

This what you'll see when they're trolling each other. Not only do you not see their rubbish, it also saves space :lol:
Lol.

abc
Legendary Member!

#1446 Post by abc » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:39 pm

rev wrote:
jk1237 wrote:

I'm currently on your ignore list. Why are you reading this dickhead?

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1447 Post by rev » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:37 pm

abc wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:39 pm
rev wrote:
jk1237 wrote:

Because unfortunately for those of us who don't want see posts by trolls like you and nort, we have to be logged in for the block feature to work. And sadly one draw back is we still get notifications when you trolls can't take a hint and reply to our posts.

abc
Legendary Member!

#1448 Post by abc » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:37 pm
abc wrote:
rev wrote:

Because unfortunately for those of us who don't want see posts by trolls like you and nort, we have to be logged in for the block feature to work. And sadly one draw back is we still get notifications when you trolls can't take a hint and reply to our posts.
I knew your curiosity would get the better of you

rubberman

#1449 Post by rubberman » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:33 am

Nort

#1450 Post by Nort » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:52 am

rev wrote:
abc wrote:
rev wrote:

:lol:

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#1451 Post by mattblack » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:01 am

abc wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 pm
rev wrote:
abc wrote:

You obviously can't do without the attention can you Boomer. Don't you have a wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend that you can have the last word with. Get a life.

Nort

#1452 Post by Nort » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:19 am

To get this back onto the subject of energy discussion rather than whatever the hell the last couple of pages have been, I wonder if the Liberal nuclear policy will even make it to the election. There is so much pushback and a clear lack of consultation that it seems very risky to run on, but at the same time quickly walking it back would also be a hit.

rubberman

#1453 Post by rubberman » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:52 pm

Nort wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:19 am
To get this back onto the subject of energy discussion rather than whatever the hell the last couple of pages have been, I wonder if the Liberal nuclear policy will even make it to the election. There is so much pushback and a clear lack of consultation that it seems very risky to run on, but at the same time quickly walking it back would also be a hit.
Given that private industry isn't even remotely interested unless there's heavy taxpayer subsidy, and that the history of major projects over the past 15 years is deplorable, you'd think it would be political suicide. That's not even considering the NIMBY vote.

The best option would be to quietly drop it. However, it's so easy to get a rise out of the usual suspects, that Labor strategists only need to bring it up when they need to, and those usual suspects will rise to the bait.

That then only leaves the obvious factual pitfalls of such a policy to make a clean sweep.

abc
Legendary Member!

#1454 Post by abc » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:21 pm

mattblack wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:01 am
abc wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 pm
rev wrote:

You obviously can't do without the attention can you Boomer. Don't you have a wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend that you can have the last word with. Get a life.
Why do you continue to insult me with this slur?

Spurdo
High Rise Poster!

#1455 Post by Spurdo » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:44 pm

rubberman wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:52 pm
Given that private industry isn't even remotely interested unless there's heavy taxpayer subsidy, and that the history of major projects over the past 15 years is deplorable, you'd think it would be political suicide. That's not even considering the NIMBY vote.

The best option would be to quietly drop it. However, it's so easy to get a rise out of the usual suspects, that Labor strategists only need to bring it up when they need to, and those usual suspects will rise to the bait.

That then only leaves the obvious factual pitfalls of such a policy to make a clean sweep.
But don’t wind & solar get subsidies as well? Suddenly subsidies are ok when it’s the right type of generation? Also, I don’t get why so many people here are against literally just legalising nuclear power? Yeah, it might not get built but I personally don’t believe the government should be dictating what can and can’t not be used to generate electricity, especially considering it’s literally the only form of generation to be outlawed.