Forum Etiquette

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
abc
Legendary Member!

Re: Forum Etiquette

#31 Post by abc » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:23 pm

timtam20292 wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:52 pm
mattblack wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:22 pm
I, along with many others are over the insulting behaviour across the board. I will continue to call this out. I believe this is a forum for people with a genuine interest in this city and state including industry insiders, developers and so on. I want these industry experts and people in the know to beable to post on here with confidence because this is not X or facebook etc where alternate facts and slagging off is the norm. I'm keen to have this forum advertise the development that is happening and am starting to report this crap as I believe is brings everyone down. I've blocked abc because of this, the first member that I've had to take this action with being on this forum for over 10yrs. I have no idea why he hasn't been banned, back in the day I seem to remember Shuz being banned /suspended for alot less. I'll continue to 'have the nerve' to report and leave it in the moderators hands, if I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be told.
Yeah well, reporting a comment that was in response to said troll, abc was in my opinion, a slap in the face. alas its gone now but not before I amended it first. I stand by my response as it was very clearly responding to abc's unhinged and over-the-top response to prometheus2704's comment. But you know, you didn't like it so you reported it. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

In response to the first part of your comment, I agree that this is a forum for those with a genuine interest in development in Adelaide and South Australia and those who seek to only post negative comments *coughabccough* should automatically be banned as these negative comments do nothing but create tension and unnecessary banter as originally stated by Shuz.
What are you even talking about? You're the one of the most unhinged Karens on this forum.

abc
Legendary Member!

#32 Post by abc » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:25 pm

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:06 pm
I, along with many others are over the insulting behaviour across the board. I will continue to call this out. I believe this is a forum for people with a genuine interest in this city and state including industry insiders, developers and so on. I want these industry experts and people in the know to beable to post on here with confidence because this is not X or facebook etc where alternate facts and slagging off is the norm. I'm keen to have this forum advertise the development that is happening and am starting to report this crap as I believe is brings everyone down. I've blocked abc because of this, the first member that I've had to take this action with being on this forum for over 10yrs. I have no idea why he hasn't been banned, back in the day I seem to remember Shuz being banned /suspended for alot less. I'll continue to 'have the nerve' to report and leave it in the moderators hands, if I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be told.
Yeah well, reporting a comment that was in response to said troll, abc was in my opinion, a slap in the face. alas its gone now but not before I amended it first. I stand by my response as it was very clearly responding to abc's unhinged and over-the-top response to prometheus2704's comment. But you know, you didn't like it so you reported it. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

In response to the first part of your comment, i agree that this is a forum for those with a genuine interest in development in Adelaide and South Australia and those who seek to only post negative comments *coughabccough* should automatically be banned as these negative comments do nothing but create tension and unnecessary banter as originally stated by Shuz.
Nothing personal. I actually agree with you but think that the tone of this forum overall has gone down with multiple people including myself, trying to argue with someone on abc's level. I seriously have no idea why abc is on here or is allowed to be on here. Let's all try to keep the bar while still encourage informed debates.
you've got some serious issues

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#33 Post by timtam20292 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:45 pm

:lol: ok πŸ‘Œ

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#34 Post by rev » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:03 pm

In response to the first part of your comment, i agree that this is a forum for those with a genuine interest in development in Adelaide and South Australia and those who seek to only post negative comments *coughabccough* should automatically be banned as these negative comments do nothing but create tension and unnecessary banter as originally stated by Shuz.
Nothing personal. I actually agree with you but think that the tone of this forum overall has gone down with multiple people including myself, trying to argue with someone on abc's level. I seriously have no idea why abc is on here or is allowed to be on here. Let's all try to keep the bar while still encourage informed debates.
Like I suggested a while ago, just put him (and others) on ignore.
Sure you can see when they respond to your posts, and if you're not logged in you see their trolling, but that's a minor inconvenience.
They're professional trolls, no need to mention their names we know who they are. They post the way they do, in order to elicit a negative reaction from others. No point in trying to engage with any of them because it gets you nowhere.

abc
Legendary Member!

#35 Post by abc » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:44 pm

rev wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:03 pm

Sure you can see when they respond to your posts, and if you're not logged in you see their trolling, but that's a minor inconvenience.
They're professional trolls, no need to mention their names we know who they are. They post the way they do, in order to elicit a negative reaction from others. No point in trying to engage with any of them because it gets you nowhere.
Julie Inman Grant would be proud of you, you weirdo.

'professional trolls' :roll:

You have such a lack of self awareness, you should read your own posts.

rubberman
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#36 Post by rubberman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:34 pm

abc wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:44 pm

:hilarious: Here's you calling people names on an etiquette forum.

abc
Legendary Member!

#37 Post by abc » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:00 pm

rubberman wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:34 pm
abc wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:44 pm

:hilarious: Here's you calling people names on an etiquette forum.
I reserve the right to return serve

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#38 Post by Hooligan » Wed May 01, 2024 4:01 am

You’re all as bad as one another.

I used to enjoy this forum, but It’s getting hard to even want to respond to any topic on here due to all the shit I have to wade through.

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

rev

#39 Post by rev » Wed May 01, 2024 8:40 am

image_2024-05-01_083450943.png
image_2024-05-01_083450943.png (8.79 KiB) Viewed 239 times
This is what it looks like when you have trolls on ignore and they're talking to each other. :lol:

No point even bothering to report those posts full of personal abuse not like the mods will do anything.

I keep saying it, put them on ignore. And make the decision not to respond to them in any way when you do see their rubbish before you log in. Makes things much more enjoyable on here.

We're all able, I believe, to have our own opinions and disagree in a civil manner.
Makes a big difference when you have the trolls on ignore and can basically just skip their rubbish and continue on as if they weren't present.
Makes a real big difference too when you don't have those couple of trolls posts visible, if someone else takes your post the wrong way the antagonism from those trolls isn't there.
What those trolls are looking for, is a reaction. Take that away from them, and their lives become pretty meaningless.

Hell, put me on ignore if you don't want to read my posts. :cheers:

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#40 Post by HiTouch » Wed May 01, 2024 11:07 am

Wed May 01, 2024 8:40 am
This is what it looks like when you have trolls on ignore and they're talking to each other. :lol:

No point even bothering to report those posts full of personal abuse not like the mods will do anything.

I keep saying it, put them on ignore. And make the decision not to respond to them in any way when you do see their rubbish before you log in. Makes things much more enjoyable on here.

We're all able, I believe, to have our own opinions and disagree in a civil manner.
Makes a big difference when you have the trolls on ignore and can basically just skip their rubbish and continue on as if they weren't present.
Makes a real big difference too when you don't have those couple of trolls posts visible, if someone else takes your post the wrong way the antagonism from those trolls isn't there.
What those trolls are looking for, is a reaction. Take that away from them, and their lives become pretty meaningless.

Well I for one appreciate being taken off your list after these many years. I enjoy seeing your posts and even though I disagree with your viewpoints, at least you make sense and care about the city.
In contrast, abc doesn't care about anything past his front porch!!! I stand by the fact that he is nothing but a miserable slinker!!

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#41 Post by timtam20292 » Wed May 01, 2024 12:04 pm

HiTouch wrote: ↑
Wed May 01, 2024 11:07 am

Well I for one appreciate being taken off your list after these many years. I enjoy seeing your posts and even though I disagree with your viewpoints, at least you make sense and care about the city.
In contrast, abc doesn't care about anything past his front porch!!! I stand by the fact that he is nothing but a miserable slinker!!
HiTouch, you used to annoy me. But as you have stated, you’ve left that gaslighting side of you behind which I have noticed for quite some time. I enjoying reading your contributions now and have agreed with what you have said on many occasions. There’s a funny side to you that has since emerged.

:cheers:

abc
Legendary Member!

#42 Post by abc » Wed May 01, 2024 1:46 pm

HiTouch wrote: ↑
Wed May 01, 2024 11:07 am

actually I care about it more than you do, because I live in it

you only care about what you want

the truth is the majority of you all are triggered by my views on energy because for you its an ideology, like a religion

rev

#43 Post by rev » Wed May 01, 2024 2:00 pm

Exactly.
I had HiTouch on ignore as well because he annoyed me, we never actually said anything constructive to each other.
But before logging in you can see people posts and of course when they're quoted, I enjoy reading your posts now.

Lots of us have said things that have pissed others off.
Would I say things the way I did in the past? No. Do I still have similar views, perhaps, perhaps not.
Point is we can all grow, change.
None of us are perfect. But at least most of us seem to actually want to be civil with each other and try and at least understand other peoples opinions or views.

Part of that, in my opinion, is ignoring the trolls who continue to disrupt and derail threads.

abc
Legendary Member!

#44 Post by abc » Wed May 01, 2024 2:04 pm

^
the Malthusian faction here are ganging up on me and recruiting new members from the far right

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#45 Post by Will » Wed May 01, 2024 2:26 pm

The forum is only reflective of the decline in civility and respect in society that has occurred since COVID.

People have become more rude, arrogant and entitled.

Previously people were capable of rational discussion with others with a different viewpoint. Not anymore. People now think their (often misinformed and delusional) opinions and feelings are fact, and those who disagree are a combination of bigots, racists, fascists, stooges, sheeple....