News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Trains

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
1NEEDS2POST
High Rise Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Trains

#6091 Post by 1NEEDS2POST » Sun May 19, 2024 5:55 pm

cmet wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:31 pm
Talk about a staggering statistic.

Rail commitments for the rest of the decade.

Now tell us the number of km of track to be laid in each city. $/km the Port Dock extension would be cheap compared to what's happening in the other cities. Adelaide has the most potential for low $/km projects, such as the Aldinga or Concordia extensions.

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#6092 Post by SBD » Sun May 19, 2024 6:14 pm

A-Town wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 10:06 am
victorious80 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 8:43 am
That doesnt seem right. The Tram Grade Sep program alone is a $400m 50:50 state/feds contribution. not that i dont want even more rail investment, but the numbers dont seem to align.
Grade separation programs aren't really an investment in public transport, though. They benefit road users more so than tram patrons.

Do Victoria's numbers in the graph above include budget allocated towards their grade separation project?
Once the north-south motorway is complete, it will become more attractive than Portrush Road to get from the South Eastern Freeway to Wingfield/Port Adelaide/Osborne.

That is likely to prompt further upgrades to Cross Road if an alternate route from Mount Barker/Stirling is not provided. Grade separation of the ARTC line might then become a Federal Transport imperative. I think it's too far down to be able to thing of reconfiguring roads and providing an emergency truck stop as part of a new bridge though.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#6093 Post by I Follow PAFC » Mon May 27, 2024 3:07 pm

Full closure on the Gawler line during the June long weekend
27 May 2024

The Gawler line will be closed during the June long weekend to allow infrastructure upgrades and renewal works to the rail corridor.

During the full line closure, train services will not operate between Adelaide Railway Station and Gawler Central Railway Station.

While these works are undertaken, substitute buses will operate between Adelaide and Gawler Central Railway Stations.

When:

9:00 pm Friday 7 June to last service Monday 10 June 2024.
https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/about- ... ng-weekend
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/