[COM] SAPOL Headquarters | 40m | 11lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#61 Post by Ben » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:49 pm

$200m precinct for East End

RHIANNON HOYLE, REAL ESTATE EDITOR

April 03, 2007 02:05pm

THE city's East End will receive a significant boost from a new $200 million-plus business precinct, this week granted development approval by the Adelaide City Council.

The project, which is on the site occupied by Yorke Motors Mitsubishi, on the corner of Angas and Pulteney streets, will consist of three multi-storey buildings, of up to 10 levels each.

The campus-style precinct will contain offices, shops and a service trade area for motor vehicles. It is being developed by Commercial & General.

Lord Mayor Michael Harbison said Yorke Commercial Campus was "a perfect example" of buildings designed with mixed use in mind.

See full report and concept drawings in The Advertiser tomorrow.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#62 Post by Ben » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:52 pm

Wonder if there is potential for one of the three buildings to be residential...

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#63 Post by Snorkie » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:59 pm

^^^^ Hmmm... you would have to think so, or certainly hope so if its mixed use... 71000sqm of pure office space = bye bye to any other projects in the pipelines. Must admit looks awsome though, and will hopefully be a catalyst for more development in that area. Cause at the moment, angas street and wakefield st look like shit.

shuza
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#64 Post by shuza » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:40 pm

I like the new podium change, wonder if its built so that in future a hieght extension can be accomodated.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#65 Post by crawf » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:56 pm

beamer85 wrote:Wonder if there is potential for one of the three buildings to be residential...
I seriously hope so, or wish its down-sized. Though this business precinct is going to bring much needed life into this part of the CBD.

But i must say the design looks brilliant, will become one of my fav buildings in Adelaide if it turns out like that.

urban
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#66 Post by urban » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:15 pm

Yorke Motors Mitsubishi is currently located on the NW corner of Angas & Pulteney Streets. This is a large site consisting of old warehouse buildings in pretty poor condition. A large office building in this location would lift the area especially if it has active retail frontage. The SW corner is Mobil Adelaide. The SE corner is a former service station now open lot parking & has been crying out for redevelopment for years.

Mants
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#67 Post by Mants » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:54 pm

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#68 Post by Snorkie » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:42 pm

Huge article on this one in the city messenger (too long to type out). Basically saying that construction will begin by end of year, and take 2 years per building. Says that even though DTEI are not keen to move in, there has been a massive amount of interest shown from a number of large companies, as well as major government departments, and around 5 undisclosed companies will move in. Interesting to say the least... Maybe they already had prior tennants that we dont even know about, cause i dont know anyone who would need that much room...

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#69 Post by crawf » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:58 pm

Oh No.

I don't understand why so many companies would want to move there, its out of the main CBD core.

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#70 Post by Snorkie » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:05 pm

crawf wrote:Oh No.

I don't understand why so many companies would want to move there, its out of the main CBD core.
That was my initial reaction too. But when you think about it, it may not be that bad. If they are companies that they already had lined up, then we obviously dont know about it. It means it may not affect the other projects as much as we thought (unless of course those undisclosed companies are BHP and SAPOL, in which case i will be spewing). And its not really that far away Crawf, its like 100m from the law courts and the new SA Water building, so its not that bad. Plus we need to expand our CBD anyway.

mic
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM]

#71 Post by mic » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:05 pm

exacly, just think of it as expanding the cbd. I could understand if that was built on grenfell street, however it's not and i think that part of your cbd does need something to kickstart a more "urban" city like feeling. I think that development is great for the area.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: #Approved : Yorke Commercial Campus 2x10 & 1x8 Lvl Offic

#72 Post by Pikey » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:13 pm

Looks like this one isn't too far off. I went past the site today and the Mitsubishi showroom is empty of all cars and and some internal signage is gone.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#73 Post by Ben » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:49 am

Updated on Major Project website last week:

Estimated project commencement December 2007?
Yorke Commercial Campus Precinct - YCC
Organisation: Commercial & General Corporation Industry Urban Development
Estimated completion date: Unknown
Project cost: $200,000,000
Project details:
Development of three office campus buildings (two 10 storey and one eight storey) located on the corner of Pulteney and Angas Street. Incorporating leading sustainable design elements, YCC will include commercial office and retail space together with car servicing and showroom facilities. Estimated project commencement December 2007.

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#74 Post by skyliner » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:48 pm

Another crane for 2008. 4 over at Coglin, possible 5 around Hindmarsh Sq, about 6 in KWS Sth, the apartments near Hindley (Azucar??), and one more in the east end. (About 18 for 2008!!) The boom is really taking off now.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#75 Post by Shuz » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:33 pm

The price tag is quite fetchy - $200m.