[CAN] 105 Waymouth Street | 60m | 14lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[CAN] Re: #Proposed: 105 Waymouth St, 14 lvls

#31 Post by Omicron » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:32 pm

That's a bit better than what it was before, although if there's an exposed concrete core facing westwards, no matter how many balconies and setbacks there are, I'll personally get at it with a paintbrush and some paint.

Damn you CC2 and 115 KWS, making me all cynical like this!

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#32 Post by Shuz » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:37 pm

These pods are an interesting fashion trend in today's architecture, I'm not entirely sure whether to approve of them or not.
The effort made by CC2's pods is dismal, but I have seen elsewhere in Melbourne CBD where they look rather cool.

Ho Really

#33 Post by Ho Really » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:33 pm

It's amazing how Pascot wants to build a 14 level office tower on such a small allotment. I have been inside TMK and it's not that big. I hope they can pull it off.
Omicron wrote:That's a bit better than what it was before, although if there's an exposed concrete core facing westwards, no matter how many balconies and setbacks there are, I'll personally get at it with a paintbrush and some paint...
Honestly, what do you think it will be? It borders the Waymouth Tavern and there's got to be a bare wall somewhere. Would be great if they could snap up the hotel and then maybe push for a 70-odd metre tower.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Omicron

#34 Post by Omicron » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:25 pm

Ho Really wrote:It's amazing how Pascot wants to build a 14 level office tower on such a small allotment. I have been inside TMK and it's not that big. I hope they can pull it off.
Omicron wrote:That's a bit better than what it was before, although if there's an exposed concrete core facing westwards, no matter how many balconies and setbacks there are, I'll personally get at it with a paintbrush and some paint...
Honestly, what do you think it will be? It borders the Waymouth Tavern and there's got to be a bare wall somewhere. Would be great if they could snap up the hotel and then maybe push for a 70-odd metre tower.

Cheers
Surely they don't have to leave it as just blank concrete, though. Look at the core of CC1 - it's certainly prominent, but not obnoxious.

Of course, the best situation, as you say, is a lovely new building next door to block out that view entirely!

Ho Really

#35 Post by Ho Really » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:07 am

Omicron wrote:Surely they don't have to leave it as just blank concrete, though. Look at the core of CC1 - it's certainly prominent, but not obnoxious.
I don't know the regulations but there has to be a blank wall for fire reasons.
Of course, the best situation, as you say, is a lovely new building next door to block out that view entirely!
If the owner of the Waymouth got together with Pascot they could build a nice 70metre tower and then incoporate a restaurant, cafe and tavern (at ground and top levels). Winners all-round. :D

Cheers

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: #PRO: 105 Waymouth St | 60m | 14 lvls | Office

#36 Post by Ben » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:00 am

This development was rejected on 8th August 2008.

Not sure as to why at this stage.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: 105 Waymouth Street | 60m | 14lvls | Office

#37 Post by Ben » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:40 pm

Apologies for the thread revival but this site is going to auction next Tuesday 11th. It's likely to go to a developer so may see some proposal later in the year.

Ho Really

[CAN] Re: 105 Waymouth Street | 60m | 14lvls | Office

#38 Post by Ho Really » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Anyone know whether a developer bought this site?

Cheers