News & Discussion: Other Metropolitan Developments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Edgar
Legendary Member!

Re: Sheridan Site Development Woodville

#121 Post by Edgar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:32 pm

I am interested, but not much information has been released yet, or shall I say, none.

Maybe you should change the title to:

http://newgardenvillage.com.au/
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Sheridan Site Development Woodville

#122 Post by Norman » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:33 pm

EDIT: Nevermind...

Edgar
Legendary Member!

Re: #U/C: New Garden Village (Sheridan Site -Woodville)

#123 Post by Edgar » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:00 am

Registered my interest, and received this today:

Bulldozer
Bulldozers at Work

Demolition works have been progressing extremely well with approximately 75% of works completed to date.
In what will be a major milestone, the two chimney stacks on site will come down prior to Christmas, heralding the start of a new era for the site. All demolition works will be complete by the end of January 2008.
The two newer buildings at the southern end of the site will remain until July 2008 and will be removed over the months following.
Now that both the development (with Cheltenham racecourse), will occur, I wonder what will happen to Nally Plastic Manufacturer, if that is what it's called, which is currently located in the middle of the 2 sites.
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

DudleyDog
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#124 Post by DudleyDog » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:11 am

I think it's Trident Plastics and I read somewhere they won't be moving for a while (couple of years at least)

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#125 Post by AtD » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:22 am

Howie, you might want to move this to Metro development. :)

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#126 Post by Howie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:59 am

Awesome.. done :)

Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re:

#127 Post by Xaragmata » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:19 pm

Will wrote:
Buildit wrote:I believe this so called Korea town is in the old Discount City Carpets shed on North tce, which is next door to Clarke Rubber. Not sure what in it though.
I drove past North Terrace tonday, and it appears Korea Town has failed or never got off the ground. There is a derelict building with a sign saying Korea Town. There appears to be nothing there.
I went past last week, & the Korea Town signage has gone; building appeared to be for lease.

stumpjumper
Legendary Member!

#128 Post by stumpjumper » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:05 am

Anyone wanting to see how well you can do medium density development in a garden setting should go to the old Rowley Park speedway ex pughole site off Torrens Road, on the east side just west of teh Bombay Bicycle Club/Ovingham Hotel. The street layout and clever street plantings etc give what is actually a tight development a very pleasant feel.

As a result, the properties are sought after and are relatively expensive, even though the construction is no more expensive than a lot of other places which sell cheaper. The development, now about 20 years old, has a few other tricks such as stormwater retention too. It's really worth a look for anyone interested in how Adelaide's suburban spaces couild be redeveloped.

It comes up on Google Earth quite well.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#129 Post by Omicron » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:53 pm

stumpjumper wrote:Anyone wanting to see how well you can do medium density development in a garden setting should go to the old Rowley Park speedway ex pughole site off Torrens Road, on the east side just west of teh Bombay Bicycle Club/Ovingham Hotel. The street layout and clever street plantings etc give what is actually a tight development a very pleasant feel.

As a result, the properties are sought after and are relatively expensive, even though the construction is no more expensive than a lot of other places which sell cheaper. The development, now about 20 years old, has a few other tricks such as stormwater retention too. It's really worth a look for anyone interested in how Adelaide's suburban spaces couild be redeveloped.

It comes up on Google Earth quite well.
I've always meant to have a look at that area for similar reasons, so it's good to hear that it's worth it from an urban design perspective.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#130 Post by rev » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:00 pm

This is the Sheridan/Actil site. To the left is the racecourse, probably 3 times the size, to the right woodville high and st clair rec. centre.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Happenings on Unley Road

#131 Post by Norman » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:39 pm

Unley Road has had a few developments recently:

New-Look Car Dealership Offices:

And a new office block:

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Happenings on Unley Road

#132 Post by Wayno » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:00 pm

i love Unley Rd. It's a destination in itself!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#133 Post by Shuz » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:43 pm

Wow, the office block looks cool. Is that at the intersection of Mitchell and Wattle St? I hate car dealerships. Cannot stand the sight of dodgy salesmen standing in suits with their excessively gelled hair and cheesy smiles selling cars for a living... lol.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#134 Post by crawf » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:07 pm

I like car yards........ when they are nicely designed

Unley Road is great, would love to see more pics

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: The Terraces - Goodwood

#135 Post by cruel_world00 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:08 pm

What.the.hell....is going on with this site? I swear I have never seen a project of such small size take so long. It has looked the exact same way for a good 6 months now I reckon. Any news as to why it has taken so long?