COM: [Gepps Cross] Home HQ Gepp X | $170m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Will409
Legendary Member!

Re: #Proposal: Home HQ Gepp X $170m

#46 Post by Will409 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:48 pm

I went passed the sight today walking along the former railway alignment from Dry Creek to Northfield. As I was walking between Port Wakefield Road and Main North Road, it appeared as if they have removed all the crap from the site with all the soil nicely smoothed out. They are currently spraying it down as we speak and I saw a truck being filled up with more water on site. They managed to find what appeared to be a source of water and capped it with a valve (possibly after piping in to the former railway water tower). As for advertising, they have slapped a huge banner on the railway water tower which appears to be the only original item from the site still intact (more or less). I did get a photo of it and will be uploaded soonish.
Image LINK TO YOUTUBE PROFILE.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#47 Post by Norman » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:03 am

I've been in the area for the last few days now, and it does look nice right now with the nice brown soil... ready to start soon IMO.

I do hope they remove that ugly, ugly fencing though.

Will409
Legendary Member!

#48 Post by Will409 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:37 pm

Former railway water tower now being used as a billboard.

The view of the site from Main North Road. Incase you are wondering why the road dips in the middle, that is where the former Northfield railway ran with Pooraka station to the right and out of the photo. Shame the railway isn't still there.

Sorry about the delay with the photos.
Image LINK TO YOUTUBE PROFILE.

raulduke
High Rise Poster!

#49 Post by raulduke » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:57 am

I understand that tenders were recently submitted for this project, when is it due to start actual building work (early works package has been completed already).

cheers

raulduke
High Rise Poster!

#50 Post by raulduke » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:43 am

anybody know who the preferred bid is?

metalMONSTER
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#51 Post by metalMONSTER » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:45 pm

Built Environs picked this project up

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#52 Post by bm7500 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:58 pm

Hi Guys, I drove past this one on the weekend and the first of the tilt up construction has commenced onsite. Siteworks for roads etc are also well underway.

Can we please change the thread title to UC ?
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member

#53 Post by joshzxzx » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:04 pm

Does anyone have Pics on the progress?
South Australia the Festival State

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: #U/C: Home HQ Gepp X| $170m | 60,000sqm | Gepps Cross

#54 Post by bm7500 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:50 am

Just an update on this one (sorry no pics though).

This development is well advanced now. All of the buildings have been constructed and they have just commenced external painting and finishes.

At a guess internal fitout should start within weeks and i would expect that this would be ready to open around May :)
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#55 Post by pushbutton » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:34 am

Surely if internal fitout is only going to start within weeks then it wouldn't be open by May. Sorry if I'm nitpicking but internal fitout usually takes at least several weeks (depending on the quality) so I'd say it would be opening no earlier than July or August at the earliest.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#56 Post by crawf » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:43 pm

Went past this yesterday, very massive!

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#57 Post by Ben » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:42 pm

Some good tenants here.

From the Advertiser:
Gepps Cross centre draws interest

SARAH MARTIN

March 25, 2009 12:15pm

BIG-NAME retailers new to SA will open their doors in June at a $170 million retail centre at Gepps Cross.

Developers hope the new centre, which covers 16.5ha on the former abattoir site, will be able to lure customers to shop in spite of the economic downturn.

The site will be twice the size of the Mile End Homemaker Centre and will comprise 48 tenancies and two cafe areas.

A much-anticipated public road connecting Main North Road and Port Wakefield Road is also being created.

Harvey Norman will open its largest SA store at the centre - a 12,000sqm super store which will be the largest in SA and the second biggest in the country.

Discount furniture retailer Super A-Mart will open its first SA store in the complex, as will Victorian baby goods retailer Baby Bunting.

Harris Scarfe has also committed to the centre and will launch its new concept store Harris Scarfe at Home.

The centre is 75 per cent leased and on track to open in June this year.

JB HiFi, Nick Scali, Pets Domain, Dreamland, Truscotts Casual Living and Radio Rentals are among the 21 confirmed tenants.

The site is being developed by Axiom Properties, Charter Hall and Harvey Norman.

CB Richard Ellis director of retail services John Savva said he expected the site to attract shoppers looking for bargains.

"A lot of retailers are viewing this sort of complex as a place of the future which offers customers comparative shopping - it is a one stop destination for major purchases,'' he said.

Axiom Properties general manager Paul Rouvray said the development was 80 per cent complete, and he was confident the centre would be 90 per cent leased at opening.

"There is no where else like this in SA. It has a very impressive list of tenants,'' he said.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#58 Post by bm7500 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:52 pm

Was just about to post this Ben, you just beat me to it! lol

And i agree, a great list of tennants... and just 2 mins down the road from my place :D

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#59 Post by crawf » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:38 am

This will be around the same size as Westfield West Lakes and apparently this will be the largest homemaker centre in Australia. Massive!

joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member

#60 Post by joshzxzx » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:17 am

By any chance a any there any up to date pics on anyone's phones that can be uploaded to the site..

I rarely travel down that side of town and would like to see the scale of development that is occurring...
South Australia the Festival State