COM: Glenside Redevelopment | $43m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Glenside redevelopment

#16 Post by Wayno » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:15 pm

oh, and here's the timeline for development:
  • * Ongoing: Staff, consumer, community and stakeholder engagement

* Early 2008: Models of Care for Glenside - completed Glenside Final Master Plan - completed

* Mid 2008: Rezoning of the land anticipated to commence (which includes a statutory 2 month public consultation period) Procurement process for the redevelopment begins

* Late 2008: Preparing site for development

* Early 2009: Preferred developer(s) chosen

* Mid 2009: The construction starts on the Glenside Campus redevelopment.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#17 Post by Norman » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:13 pm

Not too shabby I say, especially since some of it will be retained for health services.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#18 Post by Omicron » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:26 pm

This could be quite a nice development, provided the residences are worthy of the fantastic location.

Mants
Legendary Member!

#19 Post by Mants » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:57 pm

Omicron wrote:This could be quite a nice development, provided the residences are worthy of the fantastic location.
provided the residents are worthy of the fantastic location. 8)

seriously though, it is a fantastic piece of real estate...would hate to see it wasted. also, the frewville village shopping centre really should think about expanding while they have the chance.

adam73837
High Rise Poster!
Location: The wilderness being sustained by nutrients in the air and powering my laptop with positive energy

#20 Post by adam73837 » Sun May 11, 2008 10:31 am

I work at the Foodland just next to Glenside and have heard from some of the managers that the shopping center will be EXPANDED (quite a bit). Does anyone else know about this?
BTW, I think that they should widen Fullarton Road between Glen Osmond Road and Greenhill Road and make it similar to A21 Greenhill Road. It will put a bit of relief on that strip.
I take back many of the things I said before 2010; particularly my anti-Rann rants. While I still maintain some of said opinions, I feel I could have been less arrogant. I also apologise to people I offended; while knowing I can't fully take much back. :)

Ho Really

#21 Post by Ho Really » Mon May 12, 2008 10:34 am

adam73837 wrote:I work at the Foodland just next to Glenside and have heard from some of the managers that the shopping center will be EXPANDED (quite a bit). Does anyone else know about this?
It seems it will according to a pamphlet I received in the mail over the weekend. See: Save Open Spaces
BTW, I think that they should widen Fullarton Road between Glen Osmond Road and Greenhill Road and make it similar to A21 Greenhill Road. It will put a bit of relief on that strip.
Maybe.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Cirocz
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#22 Post by Cirocz » Mon May 12, 2008 5:32 pm

yea I got that pamphlet too and I was just like are you serious?!?! Very similar to the parklands issue with the open space and all that stuff. Threw it straight in the bin :D

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#23 Post by crawf » Tue May 13, 2008 1:57 am

I am really past breaking point with all this. Haven't we already got enough green space in the inner suburbs, like the parklands which surround the city and North Adelaide.

These minority groups need to get a life, I fully support Glenside being redeveloped.

Ho Really

#24 Post by Ho Really » Tue May 13, 2008 8:52 am

crawf wrote:I am really past breaking point with all this. Haven't we already got enough green space in the inner suburbs, like the parklands which surround the city and North Adelaide.

These minority groups need to get a life, I fully support Glenside being redeveloped.
Crawf, take it easy mate. What's wrong with keeping green space around a mental health hospital?

Cheers

Ho Really

#25 Post by Ho Really » Tue May 13, 2008 9:24 am

By keeping green spaces like Glenside we can build higher. Instead of eating up more and more open space which could be used for leisure they should be looking at building 2-storey to 5-storey aparments on land that is already residential. Then add public transport (maybe even a tram). Why can't councils and state government work together on this? In the redevelopment a sporting oval will be turned into retail (possibly the expansion of Foodland with other shops). There will also be a commercial precinct (probably offices) that I would rather see in the CBD or along Fullarton or Greenhill Roads on the parklands boundary.

The point I am trying to make is that when open space like this is gone it will be highly improbable (if not impossible) for it to return as it was. I think we should keep our options open.

Cheers

rhino

#26 Post by rhino » Tue May 13, 2008 9:45 am

I tend to agree with you on this one Ho. Isn't there a formula, or a percentage, of green space which should be part of any development? Or any suburb?
cheers,
Rhino

Ho Really

#27 Post by Ho Really » Tue May 13, 2008 10:03 am

Rhino, I haven't seen the plans for this redevelopment. From the pamphlet it seems like they will retain about 45-50% green space. I would rather see more (if not all) like I said above.

Cheers

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#28 Post by monotonehell » Tue May 13, 2008 9:09 pm

crawf wrote:I am really past breaking point with all this. Haven't we already got enough green space in the inner suburbs, like the parklands which surround the city and North Adelaide.

Crawf, while some of these minority groups are a pain in the butt at times, keeping greenspace when the aim of the game is to increase density is a good idea. More population living in smaller residences means the demand for local recreational areas will increase. We should be building up, not continuing to sprawl into existing greenspaces.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#29 Post by Norman » Tue May 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Just something I learnt at Uni today:

In Australia, the average persons/house has decresed from 3.5 to 2.6 between 1961 and 2002.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#30 Post by monotonehell » Tue May 13, 2008 9:19 pm

Norman wrote:Just something I learnt at Uni today:

In Australia, the average persons/house has decresed from 3.5 to 2.6 between 1961 and 2002.
I do my part for Australia - I have several 0.5 people in my house. (Fava beans and a nice Chianti th-th-th-th)
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.